Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: Best Tiny Home Office?

Emily H
9 years ago
A home office can sometimes be a luxury in a full house. Finding the space to carve out for an office can be really tough. Here are some of the most popular TINY offices on Houzz. One might just work for you.

VOTE for your favorite and tell us why you love it!

Comments (39)

• Heather Dick
    9 years ago
    I love the softness of the pink "closet office" and the rolling swivel chair, so you can turn and use the little table. Clever idea and I love the soft light added by the lamp.
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    9 years ago
    I'm personally loving 19HR! Such a cozy space :)
  • User
    9 years ago
    I love Pacific Avenue, for the storage, the windows, color scheme, and that chair!!
  • User
    9 years ago
    Subtly coordinating colors is a key to making a small space work, as 19HR demonstrates.
  • suzannebeach
    9 years ago
    West Village Studio

but I need more space!
  • seacats6
    9 years ago
    West Village, because of the colors!
  • needahoz
    9 years ago
    the yellow color scheme would stimulate me to work
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    9 years ago
    Pacific Avenue because of the natural light (and the ability to control it) along with lots of storage!
  • curraghgirl
    9 years ago
    Interesting - Cannot believe the most cluttered one has the most votes - hmm
  • Diane Arnold
    9 years ago
    Pacific Avenue might seem more cluttered, but has the open feeling with the light of the large window and has a very comfortable feeling about. Nothing stark and cold here, cozy.
  • sueng
    9 years ago
    Hudson Loft! Even though space is tiny..its personal. Great shelf unit, very bright with studious atmosphere. Can imagine myself being very productive in that space!
  • elbit
    9 years ago
    Hudson Loft has lots of light and love the shelving which seems to wrap around the jutting wall. Clean and crisp.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Pacific Avenue is the most functional for real use as an office with plenty of covered storage and a nice out of the way place for a printer/copier/fax. This space is for more than just sitting with a computer, or paying a few bills. I do love the Eclectic Home Office because it can be completely disguised when not in use, but there isn't much storage and its use is a bit limited.
  • Marcy
    9 years ago
    I like the Yaletown Loft because it's classy although I don't like small offices in small places. I prefer a corner of a larger room with life going on all around me.
  • gillette4me
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I like the Yaletown Loft because I do not want my back to the door of the room. I want to see the approach.
  • laragazza
    9 years ago
    Pacific Avenue by far the most practical for working in, but I would change the wallpaper to my favorite soft peachy tan paint.
  • Donna Combe
    9 years ago
    Pacific Avenue - It's light, bright and cheerful, comfortable, has adequate storage and work surface and invites me to be in the space without feeling depressed in a dark corner.
  • Kathryn Heigle
    9 years ago
    Eclectic Home Office: Love the pink and gray. The rolling chair keeps the owner from being "trapped" in the office. And everybody needs a work table besides a desk.
  • Anastasia Adams
    9 years ago
    the old painted cottage is the best one. cute with storage and lighting I love the door isn't a door and the fact that anyone with a closet can pull this off.
  • Debbie Sheegog
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Yaletown Loft represents great thinking it is utilizing space, creativity,knowledge for using existing space to add a small office. Under a staircase is so great because it opens up a room, uses what normally would be closed in or underused space and it works. I was recently looking at that same type of area, beneath our farmhouse staircase, a wall, and the tiny, closed in closet behind it, beneath the stairs, deep , no prior design or shelving, that stores clothes on a rack, with no lighting, when it could be opened up for all of the above.
    Some great offices here! Wish that my beach house office that we built inside a closet was in this collection! HA, Big chance, right? Still, we worked together w/ what was just part of the end of our long, walk in closet, it had a small window & wasted space; I wanted my desk, shelving, and a corner for my jewelry and mirror, and helped design it w/ my builder,who did an awesome job. These are staged shots during process, the valance double windows are great, and it is using just 7' of length of the closet, with a sold wall separating the two areas. I found a great used, blue roll around small chair that allows me to reach any corner, and it's all behind a pocket door built into our bedroom wall, so it is smooth and can be open or closed. I love the white,bead board ceiling, walls are neutral like our bedroom walls, & all trim is white. The floor is the existing closet wooden-imitation-style that mimics the real pine in our bedroom. What makes it really pop is the lighting: across the top of the shelving is a crafted valence of wood, covering a string of lighting that provides ambient light Love it.
  • Susan Shea
    9 years ago
    Hudson Loft and 19HR
  • Karen
    9 years ago
    I voted for the San Francisco one.. A mirrored ball in an office? How could I NOT vote for that glam touch! Also loved the pink/grey color scheme. Hudson Loft was a very close second.. Neat, somewhat spare, good storage, and with that little dash of color in those fresh flowers it was a very successful small space. The Pacific one was way to busy. I would get dizzy...
  • June Chapman
    9 years ago
    I love making use of little used space. I have put my "art studio" into the closet area of my office. It's so nice having it close when I want to paint.
  • betd
    9 years ago
    Love the Pacific Ave. Love that it utilizes the space, the windows that brighten the room, the chair that looks comfortable and storage. The only downer for me is the wallpaper., in that small space it would drive me crazy.
  • Toni Ueland
    9 years ago
    I love the Pacific Ave. also the way it utilizes storage.
  • rbryant2
    9 years ago
    I love the Pacific Ave. the same reason above STORAGE. I really like the layout and the function of the office space offer, the decor is fabulous.
  • PJ
    9 years ago
    I voted for Pacific Ave. because it doesn't feel claustrophobic. You could actually stand up and move around a bit without bumping your head, knees, etc. Some of the others were nice but too confined. The window gives the feel of more room, there is great storage and it has a lot of charm.
  • Brandy Babcock
    9 years ago
    Pacific Ave because of storage and color use
  • wickedxx
    9 years ago
    Pacific avenue.
    More storage, more stylish.
  • bentleykitchen
    9 years ago
    Painted Maple Corner Office - Armonk, NY · More Info

Loved this great tiny office! It's going to work perfectly in a 6 X 6 extra closet in the new house.
  • judijon
    9 years ago
    19HR appealed to me the most because it still has some expansion capacity. I like art on the walls and oft-used items on open shelves. Storage boxes with labels and specific categories are easy to grab; digging into drawers in an office can prove fairly frustrating, especially in tight spaces. Having natural light flowing into a room is very important, but at certain times of the day that can necessitate blocking it altogether. The narrow window of 19HR compared to the corner windows in the Pacific Avenue office freed up an entire wall and no doubt mitigates hot/cold temperature issues. Never can understand why one would put a chair without rollers in an office area, especially a small one where maneuvering easily is critical.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Hudson Loft... The natural light coming at the workspace from the side appeals to me.
  • lvstotrvl
    9 years ago
    Pacific Ave. without the wallpaper.
  • PRO
    WorkSpaces Inc.
    9 years ago
    I like 19HR for open storage and Pacific Avenue for closed storage. Eclectic nicely offers two work areas. Not as tiny, but we were happy to meet this customer's wish for an under the stairs desk.
  • sweetestpony
    9 years ago
    I am about to get a tiny office so it is good to see how other people's ideas.
  • chrisshirer
    9 years ago
    DJ
  • pdk920
    8 years ago

Nutz -- I meant to vote for 19HR and accidentally voted for another. I like it because it is bright and cheerful, has good storage and usable wall space too.

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    8 years ago

Pacific Avenue for colours and storage !