What is that oriental work of art called? Does it have a meaning?
June 5, 2014 in Photo Questions
I love this total design! I live in CT and have no idea where to find this type of oriental center piece. Congratulations on this blue ribbon creation!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kikuchi + Kankel Design Group
It is a Japanese stone lantern style called 'Kotoji'. Lanterns were used historically to light the grounds of Buddhist temples but now mostly as ormanments. There are many styles. A USA manufacturer makes some - https://www.stoneforest.com/gardenstore/products/show/Lanterns
This particular lantern was imported from Japan
0 Likes   June 13, 2014 at 5:19PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
I misjudged furniture I bought online and can't return it...Help!
Can you suggest a way to recoup my investment? I purchased...
I have a niche in the entry of my new mid century house...
It's approx 2 ft wide and 4 ft tall. Currently have...
Oddly shaped enclosed front porch
We've got this weird, sort of L shaped front porch...
Need Help For a Green Area at my home
Hello everyone! We are under process of building...
Polished porcelain tile VS unpolished porcelain tile for bathroom floo
Remodeling 3 bathrooms in our house and bought polished...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™