Advice on creating a garden view
Cherry
Hello everyone. I need some advice/help creating a cute little garden or a fairy garden for outside my daughter's window. Right now the view is pretty dismal. I want to create something pretty and fun. Something like a fairy garden I'm not sure yet. Do you have any suggestions or advice? I would be very grateful. Thank you
Cherry
Other views
0 Likes   June 6, 2014 at 3:41PM
fredm51
I like the birds and the tree in the room, so why not play that up a little. Get rid of the tree or limb it up, I don't know what kind of tree it is. Connect a shade sail to the wall add table and chairs paint a tree or have bird feeder to draw birds to the area. Remove the furnace door and clutter.
1 Like   Thanked by Cherry    June 6, 2014 at 4:01PM
Cherry
The bush you see outside is a Jasmine. It smells beautiful at night, and fills the room with a lovely aroma. We could trim it a bit. I was thinking of a mural of some sort on the wall you see on the left, but I am not sure what. I also want to add some pot plants there to create something pretty. I am not sure what though. I'm going to go to the nursery today, Ill see what I can pick up. Thanks for commenting also.
0 Likes   June 6, 2014 at 11:04PM
studio10001
Your jasmine is creating a full shade area, making ferns, hellebores, and coral bells good choices ( zone permitting) for colour, softness, and the hiding of fairies. Sparkly lights, a small stone path and hanging old items from the jasmine ( silverware, teacups, feathers, etc.) can help lend the notion of recent activity. If you have an old footstool, you might paint it gold and tuck it in as well, for the fairie queen.
2 Likes   June 6, 2014 at 11:14PM
studio10001
For the mural, what would think of painting a moonlit background of some imaginary flowering plants, and fauna? Something might peep out from over a log, under a polka dot toadstool, a hole in a tree, etc.
1 Like   June 7, 2014 at 2:35PM
hatetoshop
I'm not sure "pot plants" would be a good idea, but potted plants with lots of colour would be great. Yes, trim back the jasmine as much as possible (check online how to do it without damaging the bush). Perhaps some lights, orbs, fairytale characters. Check out these photos for more ideas:
Fairy Garden
Park Hill Backyard Path
Fairy Garden Village
Traditional Landscape
2 Likes   Thanked by Cherry    June 7, 2014 at 2:48PM
Cherry
Studio i love your idea!!! I am going to look out for some ferns today, love the idea of a stone path. It is a dark area if the garden. In actually sees hardly any sunlight so I have to be clever with choice of plants.
1 Like   June 7, 2014 at 6:02PM
Cherry
I agree hatetoshop, pot plants may not work. Thank you for the ideas
0 Likes   June 7, 2014 at 6:03PM
adivra
Construct a raised garden to almost window level and plant according to above suggestions. This would put the arrangement at her eye level and could be changed out as needed.
0 Likes   June 7, 2014 at 9:02PM
Cherry
adivra, I am going to have to do something like a constructed garden, because right outside the window is actually concrete. the garden bed is a little further up. I was wondering if I should have a trellis attached to that wall instead of a mural. I have a really nice metal gate (part of it) I will post a pic in a minute, do you think that would look ok?
0 Likes   June 7, 2014 at 9:55PM
Cherry
The outside with the gate
1 Like   June 7, 2014 at 10:00PM
studio10001
Yes -much simpler!
1 Like   June 7, 2014 at 11:05PM
karelina
I’d consider a window box that your daughter can help plant and then watch the plants grow - her own garden. If she’s too young, get packets of flower and veg seeds and let her pick and help as much as she’s able. The flower box could have small animals and garden gnomes or whatever, that she gets to move around with your help and supervision, of course. I have a wonderful pic of my daughter as a toddler sniffing a huge flower - that was a few years ago. She’s now 43.
2 Likes   June 8, 2014 at 12:55AM
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
How to remake this dresser?
I have had this pine dresser since I was a child, and...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Help me create an entry way with a subtle wow!
Please someone help me with my 13 foot high entryway...
Help I'm obsessed with BEIGE
I feel like my living room is too beige and boring....