Desperately need exterior siding help!
jfelandworks
June 6, 2014 in Design Dilemma
Hi all, hopefully someone can help. i have a chocolate to dark brown tin roof and my soffits and fascia are black. i have a ranch home lots of big windows, which are white framed but not trimmed yet. i have no idea what to put on for siding material. was originally going to go with wood and black trim but dont want the maintanance so am now considering siding. maybe a vertical board and batten, deep greenish colour? i have no clue, the first pic is old but you get the idea of the layout its set way back in the bush. this is the east side. the other picture is of the west side walkout.(dont ask about the lower patio doors)the upper has the original brick i was going to peeloff and reside to match the house and there will be a deck above the bsmnt doors. thoughts please
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
A fiber board siding such as Hardie board or Certainteed is a great material that comes prefinished in colors. A deep sage green would look great with your house.
June 6, 2014 at 8:49pm     
PRO
A Blind View, LLC
nice advice
June 6, 2014 at 10:02pm   
PRO
Red Berm
My opinion is that green is an assertive color and I'm worried that with all the green the house would blend into the trees. I might suggest a warm tan.
June 6, 2014 at 10:25pm   
jfelandworks
Thank you, yes i was thinking of a very dark green. Would it be too much if the whole house was green i think it would need to be broke up somewhere. Red berm brings up a good point. i am surrounded by trees on 3 sides and is it possible the green house would look funny against the green of the forest? looking outside right now the bush is bright green.
i had wondered about board and batten and letting it grey of naturally, but think come winter time it would look very dull around here.
Originally i was going to go with horizontal 8 inch tongue and groove (to look like log) and was thinking about staining a deep colour, almost a red'y brown i had seen on another home.
the colour of the roof does not show well in the picture, it is much more brown than that.
please keep the ideas coming
June 8, 2014 at 3:56pm