Neighbor Invastion
pkelly009
This is the view from my deck. Great neighbor but really.... some privacy would be nice. We've considered planting trees but don't think they'll ever be tall enough to block neighbors view from their deck. Suggestions and ideas greatly appreciated.
bunnyllg
Leland Cypress! Fast growing and tall. But I suppose it depends on where you are located.
June 8, 2014 at 8:21AM     
pkelly009
In Washington state. Thank you.
June 8, 2014 at 8:28AM   
hatetoshop
Ask the neighbours to plant cedars or pines along the ridge. Offer to pay for half. Or stick up a privacy screen (lattice perhaps) along your deck railing.
June 8, 2014 at 8:29AM   
bunnyllg
Leland Cypresses should do well. Seriously, they grow many feet a year.
June 8, 2014 at 4:06PM     
pcmom1
Coastal Redwoods grow amazingly fast! Up to three feet a year. We planted some 14 years ago and thought, "Oh, the next owners will benefit." We were wrong. They are beautiful!
June 8, 2014 at 4:11PM   
pcmom1
You could create a beautiful forest of redwood, azaleas, ferns...

June 8, 2014 at 4:14PM     
soberg
I strongly recommend against cypresses. They are overused on lot lines and IMO, look terrible in this usage. I'd recommend just a few trees, faster growers, placed not pushed up against fence, but in a location where they tend to screen the neighbor's deck. You don't need absolute privacy or 100% coverage....you really just need something in the foreground to screen the view and give your eye a better place to focus. Right now the neighbor's deck is the main thing in view. Actually, if that's the worst neighbor view you ever experience in your life, you're doing extremely well.

Perhaps your neighbors would allow you to plant some groundcover or vines on that bare dirt portion of the slope.
June 8, 2014 at 4:32PM     
My Very, Yellow Living Room
I need a lot of help planning furniture and accessories...
Painting a small room with northern and eastern light.
At present the room is which results in shadows; I...
What color of porcelain tile to replace our hardwood?
So we got some water in our garden level condo and...
How to update this 70s home.
We are purchasing this home. It's a story and a half....
best furniture arrangement
how would you arrange the furniture in the small living...