HOW HIGH TO HANG DRAPES IN SUNKEN LIVING ROOM
Quickchangeartist CA East Bay
Need advice re how high to hang drapes in two rooms. The one with large window is a sunken LIVING room. The space from top of window to ceiling is 19." Around the corner and up a step is a sliding door where we wIll hang drapes also (see photo) The space from the top of door molding to ceiling is 14".

HOW HIGH SHOULD EACH SET OF DRAPES BE? I'm thinking they should be identical distances from the ceiling, yes? The rod for the living room is a pewter pole and the one for sliding door is similar color but an Ikea single track traverse (to match an adjacent slider where drapes have to pull one way incase you are wondering why).

[Note: we are installing ceiling height Ikea Billy bookcases on each side of the window -- what you see in photo is part of one side which will have a top piece that goes to ceiling. Just uploaded a photo showing where they will come to -- a little below ceiling]

Also attached is a photo of the DINING room window which is opposite the LIVING room where we have already hung drapes to the ceiling. The LIVING room drapes will be identical.
Quickchangeartist CA East Bay
Here is photo showing how high the bookcases will come to on each side of the LIVING room window. Maybe the rod for drapes should be hung in line with top of bookcases? Or?
June 8, 2014 at 2:47PM     
laurakdesigns
Hang them all flies to the ceiling...it will make the lines look cleaner
June 8, 2014 at 2:59PM     
Area Rug
I need some help with the color of an area rug. Would...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Need help redesigning this blue bathroom
Please help suggest how we can give this bathroom a...
Need help updating
Newly engaged... Just moved in... Stressed beyond words!!...
I need brutal honesty here!! I promise I can take it. :)
We're finally finishing our basement (yay!) and I decided...