Need help choosing kitchen faucet and sink colors
bzers
We are updating our 15 year old kitchen from formica counters to granite, and want to replace the sink and faucet. We do not plan to change the oak cabinets or birch wood flooring, and we recently replace the cabinet hardware with black pulls and hinges (don't want to change these out again either).

We've selected Uba Tuba (dark granite with gold specs) for the counters. For the wall tile we're still trying to finalize on either an almond color 3 x 6" tile, or some light (off white) glass tiles. What we need help with, is choosing the faucet and sink color/material. With our stainless appliances, it seems like a stainless sink and faucet would look sharp, and we like the Kohler Vault (squared edges) sink and the Kohler Simplice faucet.

However, my husband recently saw a display with a stainless sink and has concerns about it getting scratched then not being very attractive. He also mentioned it sounded "tinny" when the water ran (much louder than the porcelain sink we have now). Thus I need some advice. He's thinking we should get a granite sink (black or gray). I'm concerned it would blend in with the new granite too much. I'm also concerned with what faucet finish to go with also if we got a darker sink.

Any words of wisdom others have to help us make a decision on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Nicole Hetherington
For faucets I really like Moen and Delta. Those two brands come with a lifetime warranty. A grey sink would look nice. It would look integrated in the countertops but still tand out so you can find it.
June 8, 2014 at 6:17pm      Thanked by bzers
bzers
Thanks! What finish for the faucet would you use? Stainless?
June 8, 2014 at 7:35pm   
Nicole Hetherington
i think i would do a brushed nickel. Even though stainless looks nice think about all the water spots and fingerprints you would constantly be cleaning! if you do go with a colored sink and with your current cupboard handles i think it would stick out too much,
June 8, 2014 at 7:47pm      Thanked by bzers
Nicole Hetherington
pics
June 8, 2014 at 7:54pm      Thanked by bzers
Clay Aragon
I agree with a Grey granite sink vs stainless steel sink. Now that you have the opportunity to do it, you may want to consider having it under mounted. Have you thought of Grohe faucets? A bit of an investment but nowadays kitchen faucets are becoming the main focal point of the kitchen. They carry them at Home Depot. Chrome would give your kitchen a bit of bling. Best of luck!
June 8, 2014 at 8:14pm      Thanked by bzers
Patricia Colwell
I would not go gray with Ubatuba granite ( one of my favorites) also a lot of the noise in stainless sinks is from cheap stainless and as for the backsplash i would go with a darker color from the granite instead if cream or white which has no connection to the space
June 8, 2014 at 8:56pm        Thanked by bzers
bzers
Thanks all. The backsplash tile we're looking at is actually a combination of cream tile and a glass tile that has some metallic gold in it (to pick up the metallic flecks in the black granite). Patricia, I don't think we can go darker with the tile than the granite since it's black. We don't want the room to appear smaller, so thought a lighter tile would open up the room more. If you didn't go with a gray sink (I share the same concern that it might blend in too much), what would you recommend?
June 8, 2014 at 9:13pm   
Kohler Design Center
I would stay with your original thought on a stainless steel sink with Simplice faucet. Instead of the Vault, I would check out the Kohler Strive. It is a 16 gauge vs. 18 gauge, so it is thicker. As for scratches, the Strive is available with bottom basin racks.
http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Strive-Kitchen-Sinks/content/CNT19300003.htm?isRedirectedTo=true&searchTerm=strive&_requestid=2093883
June 9, 2014 at 11:22am      Thanked by bzers
agevm
We have a black Blanco Silgranite single sink and I would not change it for anything. Trust me on this one. Went from a double to single sink and if you have a dishwasher, it is the way to go. Our faucet is Hansgrohe Optik finish (silver color) that we got at Costco. No water spots. Costco usually has some good higher end faucets that are very reasonable.
June 9, 2014 at 11:36am      Thanked by bzers
Need help choosing Kitchen sink faucets
I am installing granite counter tops in kitchen with...
Need help choosing kitchen sink color!!
Our kitchen is natural maple cabinets stainless steel...
Need help choosing a stainless steel under mounted sink and faucet
So many options and prices! Looking for quality at...
Need help choosing the right sink and faucet
We just refaced our cabinets in a beautiful cherry...
Rug pattern ideas with versaille pattern travertine, please?
I recently installed Versaille pattern travertine in...
Cozy living room
How to achieve a very cozy inviting warm feeling living...
Front door colour
I'm stuck with these house colours for awhile. Soft...
Any design flaws?? Any wasted space??
We are renovating the entire house. Is there anything...
Please help me design my barren conference room. .
I own a company where I sell and design custom websites....