What else can I add to complete the look? Master bedroom

Martha VillarrealJune 9, 2014
This is our room. My husband recently painted this very light pale blue color. Im going to be buying new lamp shades, but I have to use these lamps because we are in a budget. What color can I paint these lamps? What else can I add?

I also need to paint the nightsands and dresser! Need color suggestions please :)
chemayne
I would paint out the nightstands a glossy white to match the dresser.
Paint the lamp stands an antique silver with a matt finish
1 Like    Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 6:34PM
bbowers35
you have a lot of things going on here. there seems to be a mix of some traditional elements ( pictures, beige pillows) with some modern ( white dresser) and some cabin mexican flare (rug). what is your inspiration? what feel do you want from the room?

The Coach House · More Info
North Framingham, MA · More Info
    Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 7:12PM
leehoneyman
Paint all the furniture including bed head white gloss. Put a mirror above the bed and get a chair and drape the throw rug at the end of your bed over it
    Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 7:18PM
Martha Villarreal
I will try the mirror above the bed. Im willing to try other things as well. The last thing i am is a decorator!!! Lol. I appreciate everyones help. :)
    Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 7:40PM
studio10001
I am seeing a a traditional leaning in the way you have put things together, and so am suggesting a few colours for you. The base shade of your polka dot pillows would be a good colour to tone down the low dresser, and provide neutral support for a nice piece of artwork above. You might use either it or a tea stain shade for a box bedskirt, as well.
If you prefer a more traditional look, you might paint the bed stands to match the headboard. If you would like to push the colour scheme a bit more , try a deep blue instead, both there and on the high boy . Basic black on the lamps will add a wrought iron look, and give the lamps a bit more heft. ( If you want to play up the eclecticism more, you might try a royal purple on the lamp bases.)
Keep on the lookout for a wider piece of artwork for over the bed.
    Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 8:15PM
studio10001
Ths program doesn't allow for exact colours, but will give an idea:
1 Like    Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 8:18PM
westtx
Hello! I think you have nice colors, but they seem a bit too far apart to look pulled together. I think your rug is your starting point, and go from there.

I suggest a matte black on the headboard, night stands, chest, and a gloss black on the low contemporary dresser. The paint will unify the furniture of different styles. The gloss black will keep the dresser in its contemporary style.

Add an ivory matte lasse quilt in the light cream of the rug. Then, replace the two small tan polka dot pillows and gray center rectangle with 2 square red and blue Kilim southwest style pillows to help bring out the style of the rug. Get the 2 more colorful blue/red ones on the right photo - they come in an 18" square, even though the photo shows only rectangle). Leave the red comforter at the end of the bed! :) (grandinroad)

Add a small scale transitional leather chair by the long dresser and window, with a small drum table to hold coffee and a book. Add a Kilim rectangular pillow in the chair. the small tan Kilim with some color in the photo on the left (grandinroad)

If you can, add a small navy leather bench at the foot of the bed. (grandin road)

Then, I would paint out the lamps in a bronze/copper tone, with texture. It's a cheap spray paint at Wal Mart! Looks awesome for next to nothing, and will go with small drum table. Get a burlap or rough linen looking tan shade for each lamp. They should match, to tie them together.

Leave your navy curtains. They will go nicely with rug and pillows.

Over the bed, maybe ask Santa for artwork. I'm going to show different styles, based on your personal design choices.

Guest Room 2 · More Info
]
Sophisticated Key West Style · More Info
]
1 Like    Bookmark   August 26, 2014 at 5:09AM
westtx
The pictures above show light blue walls with matte black bed. Sweet!
Here's a few more images for ideas. Sometimes you just need ideas. Please let us know what you like or what direction you go. Good luck! :)
    Bookmark   August 26, 2014 at 5:11AM
I just hate my master bedroom and need some guidance
My master is big, t runs front to back of my house,...
sbrustein
Looking for master bedroom ideas
After 17 years we have removed the wallpaper on the...
dtullis3
Marin, CA Complete Master Bedroom and Bathroom Remodel
Our Marin Residence remodel features a fireplace that...
Dawson & Clinton
What can I do with $100K in Palo Alto, CA? Want to add master bed+bath
My wife and I would like to expand our tiny house in...
mukherji
Re-decorating the master bedroom
I accidentally deleted my query and the two answers...
focused
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
how much space should be between island and sink
how much space should be between a island an sink
Sharon Chancey
Need advice quickly!
we have red oak floors that are being stained tomorrow....
cindyd2028
Best way to repainting a dresser?
Want to paint my dresser a very shiny white. It has...
lovanc
Should I keep the wood paneling?
The home has paneling on living room walls except back...
Brenda Witherel