What floor tiles should I use?
bookowljaymie
June 11, 2014 in Polls
So I have a small 10' x 10' room. Almost all of the things are white. I am planning to paint the ceiling a very dark blue like the darkest part of the night sky (so as to add glow-in-the-dark heavenly bodies) and the wall, a very watery blue. What color of tiles should I use? (I'm supposed to use tiles, not actual floor boards. I've no other choice but to use tiles... Sigh.) Thanks in advance. :)
1
2
3
4
Others (Comments section.)
Design Your Kitchen and Bath
I voted for #2, even though I wanted to vote for both #2 and #4! I think they'll go great with the blues you're using. Tile choice #2 reminds me of waves so I like it with the "watery" blue color theme, but think it would look better in plank style like #4.
June 11, 2014 at 12:40PM        Thanked by bookowljaymie
bookowljaymie
Thank you! I thought so, too! Thanks a lot! :)
June 11, 2014 at 12:44PM   
Design Your Kitchen and Bath
No problem!!
June 11, 2014 at 1:29PM   
redpoint
I voted for 3 because I tricked myself into thinking it's wood. The other ones look too cold, and like they will get dirty looking.
June 11, 2014 at 2:52PM        Thanked by bookowljaymie
redpoint
It would be helpful if we could see the room, though.
June 11, 2014 at 2:52PM   
bookowljaymie
@redpoint, haha. That was actually my intention because I wanted floor boards but since there's too much cons in using them, I decided to have tiles that look like wood instead... I wish I could post the picture but it's not painted yet. Sorry. I really wish I could, though. And thank you so much for the advice. I will consider it. :)
June 11, 2014 at 3:04PM   
bookowljaymie
The paint will look a bit like this: the dark one for the ceiling, the middle one (but a little bit more watery, I think this blue looks a bit sky-ish instead of watery, but I may also consider this color). :)
June 11, 2014 at 3:06PM     
bookowljaymie
I failed you, guys. I looked for all of these tiles in four big stores and did not find any of these. So, I just used that (on top of this) color palette instead and got an almost plain cream design instead. (But it had tiny random navy dots) Sigh... I'll just use this for future reference.... I AM SO SORRY GUYS! :(
June 14, 2014 at 9:55AM   
laurawinanslee
Can you wait until the room is painted the way you want it and then put some samples in to see how they look in the light? I am all about the setting and the light. Good luck and be confident! You are making the best decision you can for what you want. BTW I have wood floors everywhere and love them. Don't be afraid of real wood if that is what you want.
June 19, 2014 at 11:15AM   
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Old house lovers. . . What would you do with this living room wall?
This is our formal living room. I can't figure out...
Want to update dining room - not sure if I should keep these pieces?
We have had my mother-in-law's dining table, 8 chairs,...
Foyer lighting
Does this large pendant look good as foyer lighting?...