Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glisse

What is the width of the sheet rock between the two mirrors?

glisse
9 years ago
Hi Kyle,
I greatly appreciate your answering my question regarding the mirror dimensions. I have another question. What are the dimensions of the vanity? I am particularly interested in knowing the width of the vanity drawers and the niche in center. Also, what is the height of the marble backsplash above the vanity at the area below the sconces and what are the dimensions of the edge detail? The proportions in this bathroom are wonderful. This bathroom is fabulous. I love your attention to detail and the way in which you blended the calacatta marble. Thanks so much
Custom Home Build - Portola Valley · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Timeline Design + Build
    9 years ago
    Hello again glisse,

The vanity cabinets are 2'-6". The drawers cabinets on the side are 1'-8" each. The open shelves in the middle is 1' - 8.5". The marble backsplash is 16" height and the edge detail is 1-3/4".

I hope this will give you a good idea of your project.
    Thank you for taking interest in our design.

-Kyle
  • glisse
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi Kyle, I have another question. What is the depth of the vanity top above the 20" drawers that are cut back? Also, what is the depth of the vanity at the sinks? I have a situation where I initially wanted to use the Kohler Vintage freestanding tub, but I could not find this tub in any of the local showrooms. I am also petite at 5' tall and did not know if this tub would be extremely large. If I used the Kohler Vintage tub or a larger 72" L freestanding tub, my plan was not to build in the walls. However the tub wall is long, so I am now planning to build in the walls on each side of the tub at 14.5 inches, insert niches and design with a tub deck. The problem is that the vanity will extend past the 14.5" built-in wall. Therefore, I have left equal space between the vanity and built-in wall and vanity and shower wall approximately 12". I can either leave the wall space open on each side of the vanity and connect with a wainscoat for a site line or cut the marble back to possibly align with the 14.5" wall and incorporate the extra space in the design. However, I would need to cut the marble back about 6.5" to 8.5", depending on the vanity depth at the sinks which currently is designed at 23". Do you think that it will look strange to cut the marble back this many inches to tie in with the 14.5" wall?

Thanks so much