An opinion please about colors in a bathroom
Nancy j.m
We are remodeling our master bath and we've ordered white cabinets and white roman tub, toilets sinks with chrome fixtures. We wanted to get white floor tiles because we are covering one wall over the sinks with teal glass random brick tiles. We soon found out how many different shades of white there is. The granite we are using on the countertops and on top of roman tub is Emerald green quartzite which is teal colored. Would it be too much to use Teal stone floor tiles and a white stone tile on the other walls?
I just finished a bath with white cabinets, white walls and ceiling, white marble on the countertop, white tub and toilet, and American Olean 12x24" decorum, color DRO1, which is an off white. Happily, the whites all work together quite nicely.
June 13, 2014 at 1:16PM      Thanked by Nancy j.m
Nancy j.m
I just really wanted to know if I use teal stone tiles on the floor and Im putting up one wall of teal glass tiles would it be too much with the Emerald green quartzite countertop if everything else is white?
June 13, 2014 at 2:29PM   
hayleydaniels
Do you think they look okay together? If so, go for it. It's your house, and unless you're planning on selling right away, you're the one who's going to have to live with it. Since I can't see them, I can't give an opinion.
June 13, 2014 at 2:36PM     
SoCal Contractor
Have you considered a white tile with teal colored veins in them, something that will bring everything together without overwhelming the space.
June 13, 2014 at 2:58PM      Thanked by Nancy j.m
Nancy j.m
I'll attach pics of the floor tile, the granite, the teal glass tiles. Do you know of a white tile with teal veins?
June 13, 2014 at 3:08PM     
I think you are overdoing the teal with the teal floor tile. I very much like the granite and the glass tile, but adding teal to the floor is too much.
June 14, 2014 at 4:30AM     
williambailey984
the granite looks great
June 14, 2014 at 4:40AM   
Nancy j.m
Carolyn..what would you suggest for the floors? The glass teal tile is only going on 1 wall around the mirrors over the vanity. the rest of the walls are going to be white tile.
June 14, 2014 at 5:43AM   
Nancy j.m
This is the layout of my bathroom now. The layout is not changing, just everything in it!!!
June 14, 2014 at 5:49AM   
I would choose an off white tile such as I mentioned in my first comment. The whites will blend together. Take a look at white vanities in houzz's vast photo section.
June 14, 2014 at 6:21AM     
Nancy j.m
Carolyn...floor tiles, polished, unpolished or textured? Thanks for your input!
June 14, 2014 at 6:32AM   
Floor tiles should definitely have a matte finish and you should personally test them with some water splashed on the tile, using your foot or your fingers to determine if they are slippery.
June 16, 2014 at 8:55AM     
How to get the look I want for my living room/kitchen
Hello! I am looking for some help with my living...
House design
Just bought a field (505m2 = 5443sf) with lot of nature...
Kitchen island addition dilemma
We're adding an island to our kitchen and we can't...
Need help with paint colors (the same thing..grays!)
I need help! I have been trying to find the perfect...
Small, boring living room
Hello! I've been going crazy with picking new color...