Confused configuration
h4alexa
I am using my "formal living and formal dining " room has family room .. Confused on furniture placement ..on long room
Tina DiSalvo
I think you need to get rid of some furniture. It's just too much - especially in the first picture. Also, everything looks all over the place... not sure what style you are trying to achieve. Hopefully someone else can help you in arranging. :)
June 21, 2014 at 4:52PM     
h4alexa
I completely agree ..
June 21, 2014 at 5:11PM   
pcmom1
Looks like you have two very different styles going on here!

Does the large entertainment center have to stay in that spot? Or can it be moved to the wall that the leather recliner is?

June 21, 2014 at 5:23PM     
pcmom1
Maybe split the room up in two: one half for tv viewing, one for conversation by placing the sofas back to back:

June 21, 2014 at 5:27PM     
er612
Using what you have (plus a few tables and minus the green sofa)...
June 21, 2014 at 5:48PM     
h4alexa
Entertainment center has to stay ... tables go ...I want sectional modular sofa And instead of my ugly green sofa .. and remove all leather furniture ..Reupholster two wing back chairs ? .. or have bistro pub table ??... Appreciate everyone's true feedback :)
June 21, 2014 at 6:00PM   
moggie73
h4alexa, Totally understand your dilemma. You have a lot to work with. I know it sounds mundane, but try removing everything you can and bringing back only the pieces you love.
Window treatments and accessories can follow. Best to you.
June 21, 2014 at 6:03PM     
MarleneM
How about something like this to keep the two spaces open to each other, but separate. Remove green loveseat, put the two wing backs there, kitty corner to each other with a small round table in between. Brown sofa could be moved down centered on window. In the space now open between the DR and LR, you could add some bench seating (backless bench)
June 21, 2014 at 6:03PM     
Tiffany Interiors
Exquisite Interiors in Minneapolis
BraytonHughes Design Studios
I agree with the others, you may want to get rid of some furniture and scale down some pieces. You will have to turn your head to watch TV from both sides so have two sofas flanking the entertainment center and two accent chairs on the opposite side of the room. Place an end table between the accent chairs and a cocktail table in front of the sofas. Use a sofa covers or replace the sofas with an identical set. To accomplish this look, this type of arrange will need to be symmetrical and balanced. In the pictures I've attached, imagine an entertainment center in place of the fireplace.
June 21, 2014 at 7:20PM     
pcmom1
Since you brought up pub table: that back wall where the smaller green sofa is would be a great spot for wall to wall cabinet with wine storage. Then your pub table in front of that.
Family Room
ZanziBar
June 22, 2014 at 9:54AM     
pcmom1
I see that your frig is right outside your doorway. This is probably way outside the scope, but any dreams/plans for opening up the doorway more? Taking down a wall?
June 22, 2014 at 9:58AM     
pcmom1

Why this posted twice, I don't know!
new project
New Construction
June 22, 2014 at 9:59AM   
Island Configuration Confusion
The majority of the kitchen is remodeled and now I...
How is the shower diverter configured?
Is there temp & diverter to hand held at the tub spout?...
Help With Furniture Configuration
I am in the process of beginning to plan for furniture...
Choosing a siding color for our house
We are replacing the siding and want something that...
Losing sleep over backsplash!
So...here I am up at 5 am having nightmares about what...
What else?
What else does this space need? I don't have a ton...
Love my table but....
LOVE my table but I am redoing our floors in a house...
What color furniture should I use for this two tone blue room?
My entire house was a silver gray, and I was desperate...