What color door hinges and knobs to go in house?
Michelle M
I am updating my house and we had old brass glass knobs. I am going to stick with glass knobs but I want to stay away from brass as all the lighting I have put in the house is silver/chrome. I am just not a fan of brass fixtures as I think they appear dated and their is not a lot of choose from. These are some pictures of the updating i've done, partially, to get a gist of the style of my home. I have a 1883 georgian colonial. My new bathroom is all chrome, antique looking fixtures, but not sure if I like chrome hinges/knobs throughout my home. I've looked at ORB, satin nickel, and antique pewter. I've got wood and white trim throughout my house. My bathroom is only tiled and my living room is half painted :) Carpets are all going and it will be original hardwood everywhere.

What color knobs/hinges should I do for my interior doors? So confused.
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Given the style of your house I think antique pewter would be a good choice.
June 16, 2014 at 4:29pm   
amckee1414
I was in a similar situation, where I updated an old house and used a lot of the same finishes btw love your tile for the shower anyways we used chrome in the bathrooms/kitchen and we weren't sure if we should do the same for the interior doors but we decided against it and used oil rubbed bronze and it looks great matches doesn't clash and not everything looks the same I would recommend doing the same but who knows it may not work with your house but it did for ours
Hope that helps

sort of like the ones in these pictures

Woodinville Retreat
Lake House
June 16, 2014 at 4:51pm   
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
I really don't think you can wrong with either antique pewter or ORB as amckee1414 proposed. So don't worry so much about matching to your fixtures. As long as all the handles are the same it will be fine.
June 16, 2014 at 6:20pm   
shutter door color for front of hime
I just bought my first home. first thing I had the...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Help designing a small lounge room please!
Hi there I'd love any advice or ideas you might have...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
What colour should we paint our pergola?
Hi everyone, We've just put a pergola on over our...