Confused about a Benjamin Moore color!
susura
Did Benjamin Moore significantly change the color they call Scandinavian Blue? All the non-BM-provided photos I can find of it, here on houzz and elsewhere, show it as a pure electric cobalt blue. Example: Front Exterior

But BM's website and their paint-a-room simulator show it as a deep purplish blue, with significantly more red than in any of the non-BM pics I've found: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/scandinavianblue

It's no issue with my monitor, because for all the other BM colors I've considered -- including lots of other highly-saturated dark purples and blues -- the real-world pics I've found on the web look the same as on BM's website. But Scandinavian Blue (the purple color on BM's website, not the blue color in the non-BM pics) is my top favorite, so I want to figure this out! Thanks for any insights!
Angel18432
You can't tell a color by looking on a monitor. Also lighting makes a huge difference.
Go to store and get a sample.
0 Likes   June 17, 2014 at 5:23AM
Leslie Brooks
I had a torquoise come out as a hideous shade of baby blue. The color formula was wrong. We ended up custom mixing the paint to get the color right. Blues are a difficult shade to work with sometimes.
0 Likes   June 17, 2014 at 6:31AM
susura
Thank you - my question was about how Scandinavian Blue looks extremely different whereas other very similar colors (even the ones directly next to it in the color charts) all look as I would expect. I'll ask at a BM store.
0 Likes   June 17, 2014 at 2:59PM
hayleydaniels
I agree with you completely.

Maybe the person answering the question was wrong. I would look for the color I wanted instead of trying to figure out why the colors are different.
0 Likes   June 17, 2014 at 3:10PM
Help me create an entry way with a subtle wow!
Please someone help me with my 13 foot high entryway...
need help with the walls decoration and curtain too
this is my dinning room, it has two colours i dont...
Need help with hardwood floors
I live in mid century home with hardwood floors. Installing...
Boring Bedroom needs Quickie Update
I've grown tired of my minimalist bedroom and I am...
Enquiry
Hi, How can I get my home's pics published on ur site...