Which color scheme?
ckoeppel
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best for a transitional decor?
ckoeppel
Bluenan I can relate. I am a little shy and it takes me a while to get in the groove but I think it will be fun! I would love to meet you!

Auntie I talked to my husband and he just might come. He said he would do his own thing while I enjoy my time with all of you. We will probably stay a few extra days since we will be flying so far. Hopefully tickets aren't an arm and a leg! If they are affordable you will have to fill me in on what's already planned. I read the discussion but I don't want to miss out on any fun stuff!
July 6, 2014 at 10:39AM     
ckoeppel
Same here Auntie but I am shocked to learn you are! You have such a great wit and spirit! This will be a stretch for me too but what a great way to make new friends!
July 6, 2014 at 10:42AM     
auntiebuzzybee
There is another hubby coming. Wants to play golf? Peginvalpo and hubby are coming and staying extra also. They are driving. He is retiring!
July 6, 2014 at 10:43AM     
auntiebuzzybee
From Seattle a lady is flying RT on Delta with one stop for $291 , I THINK thats what she said. She's jen046 on the thread.
July 6, 2014 at 10:48AM     
ckoeppel
Wow really? We were going to fly to IL to meet our new tenants but tickets were $1200 each RT.
July 6, 2014 at 10:51AM   
najeebah1
Hey! You're using Homestyler, right?
July 6, 2014 at 10:54AM   
armygirl1987
I have been sneaking and watching and thought that I had post a while back when the orange was in the running but love the look of the new room.
July 6, 2014 at 11:07AM     
bluenan
I'm not shy at all, quite the contrary, but I do grow tired of being out and about pretty quickly. I'm not on any of the chat sites, it's just too much chit chat and small talk for me. Even when I was young and single I always drove myself to parties so I could leave when I wanted. When I tell people I'm an introvert they usually misunderstand and think I'm shy and insecure or uncomfortable in social situations, but that's not the case, I'm none of those. For me it's just that a little goes a long way, and when I've had enough, I'm ready to go.
It's an interesting subject to research, it made me understand myself and my two completely different daughters so much better.
July 6, 2014 at 11:13AM     
auntiebuzzybee
Yes, I really do get that Bluenan. I have my own room btw at the Gaylord, CK.
July 6, 2014 at 11:37AM     
auntiebuzzybee
Bluenan, I like to have my own transportation, a back up plan if need be. I don't like feeling dependent or stuck in a situation. I have my physical limitations so I need my own way. If I need to bow out, I can hopefully without disturbing the flow. I definitely am one to take my own car.
July 6, 2014 at 11:43AM   
armygirl1987
auntie-I am sure that we all have plans to make sure that we do not mess with the flow. I might also be very outgoing but I am also my very own person. LOL
July 6, 2014 at 11:47AM     
armygirl1987
auntie-That is one of the reasons why I have been insistent on just putting a bunch of different ideas out there so that people do not feel obligated to be where they do not want to be.
July 6, 2014 at 12:04PM     
auntiebuzzybee
CK, has nothing come in yet for your room? What did you decide about a settee? Too crowded?
July 6, 2014 at 1:29PM   
ckoeppel
Bluenan I am just like that. I like to have fun but when I'm done I'm done. It just takes me a little longer than most to warm up in situations. Working from home everyday I don't get out to meet people much but I am my own person. And I ALWAYS have a back up plan.
July 6, 2014 at 5:21PM     
auntiebuzzybee
I'm at home too much. I'm rusty. I do get my fill also.
July 6, 2014 at 5:41PM   
auntiebuzzybee
CK, did you have any luck with tickets?
July 6, 2014 at 5:42PM   
ckoeppel
Haven't had time today. We went to the east side of WA today and spent the day with friends. What a gorgeous day!
July 6, 2014 at 6:09PM     
ckoeppel
najeebah1, no I use Fireworks software.
July 7, 2014 at 10:23AM   
Ann
I see the Nashville trip is being discussed - yay! Please come ckoeppel and bluenan! Bluenan, you could just make it a short trip and take a few breaks when too much visiting becomes too much. We'd love it if you'd both join us!
July 7, 2014 at 10:45AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
So I received my rug. It is a little darker than what I thought it would be. It has variations of shades of grey and a little shimmer.
July 7, 2014 at 12:44PM     
ckoeppel
Here is the other rug option I was considering. It is a lighter grey more of a silver. Difference is I had store credit at Overstock where I purchased the 5' x 7' rug above. I only paid $75 for it after all credits and discounts. The rug below costs $268 for a 5 x 7. What do you think?
July 7, 2014 at 12:49PM   
bluenan
I think when you get everything in the room it will be very pretty. Once the bed is over it there won't be that much showing, not sure it's worth $200 for a little lighter color.
July 7, 2014 at 1:08PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
Kathi Builta
Of course this should be the personal preference of the person who will occupy the room, but I enjoy #2 the most. It supports the bedroom as an oasis, but it is not boring. The finishes are soft, but bold. I also believe it might be enjoyed for a longer period of time, since most of the base colors are fairly neutral and accessories could be easily changed later if desired.
July 7, 2014 at 1:19PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
CK, From what I can see, I really like the one you have received. Having the shades in it would make it blend even better with everything else. When you get your bedding and the box pleat cover, it seems like it would have less potential to be "off". It's just too early to tell. I am really hoping that there will be enough of it showing to have the level of impact that you want. I think it's beautiful. I want it to strut it's stuff for you!
July 7, 2014 at 2:11PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Also, you mentioned the coverlet has a shimmer as I recall..so hang in there and tell the UPS person I said "Hello"!
July 7, 2014 at 2:13PM     
ckoeppel
So my grey shaded lamps came. I took pics but left the plastic on because I might have to return them if I like the champagne lamps better. The ceiling chandelier came too. I love it but concerned if I decide to keep the grey shaded lamps that the bronze is too much...I think I would need brushed silver (which it comes in). If I decided to use the bronze metal mirrors, the chandelier would be gorgeous. I laid the rug on the bed and took a pic of it with the lamp in the background and I took a pic of the grey shaded lamp with the chandelier frame. What do you think?
July 9, 2014 at 10:37AM   
ckoeppel
Does the lamp look too squatty? What are your opinions on the bronze chandelier if I decide to go with the grey shaded lamps after viewing the champagne ones when they arrive?
July 9, 2014 at 10:38AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Hey there. I would say if they were any shorter then yes, they'd be too short. Pretty lamps for sure and they look nice on the dark wood stand. Where are you going to hang the art? Oddly, I think if you hang art above the headboard, the lamps will be ok but if you don't "put a lid on it" visually, You might do better with taller ones because the eye travels way up there with the mirrors. Hate to say this, but I can't tell you for sure right now. I don't know. Maybe Bluenan has a more immediate and strong reaction to it being right or wrong.

I can see almost nothing of the bronze chandelier, the way it's positioned and I don't see a white shade. Do you love it? or not so much?

I can really get a good look at that rug now. Wow, it's beautiful and thick. Actually it reminds me of a "dilute tortoiseshell cat". Really gorgeous.

Did you get the dark or the lighter champagne lamps...you mean the Moraca or something like that, right? Pretty, pretty stuff. Those mirrors will look hot against a gray wall ; )
July 9, 2014 at 12:09PM     
auntiebuzzybee
This room is going to be FABULOUS!
July 9, 2014 at 12:11PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
armygirl1987
Hi there hon love the lamp but do agree with the squattiness if that is a word only because item behind is so tall. Imho,
July 9, 2014 at 12:26PM     
ckoeppel
armygirl1987, thank you. I think they are too short also. I don't plan to put the prints above the bed, so I think the taller lamps are needed.

Auntie, I just added the frame of the chandelier. The white shade isn't assembled yet. I love the chandelier, but I think I might need it in satin nickel instead of bronze. The rug is gorgeous and I am glad I decided to keep it. The Monaca lamps are champagne. One site showed them lighter, the other site showed the same lamp darker. They are on the way, so I will be curious to see how they really look in person. Maybe if the champagne lamps work, the chandelier will blend in. If I were using the metal bronze mirrors, the bronze chandelier would look amazing.
July 9, 2014 at 12:42PM     
bluenan
If the main metal color becomes silver and there isn't enough brass or gold to relate to the chandelier, then yes, the silver would be better. The lamps are beautiful, but borderline too short. Remember the mirrors will be even higher when hung. I wouldn't make any final decisions quite yet.
July 9, 2014 at 12:47PM     
ckoeppel
Bluenan, thank you. I am going to wait on all of it until the bedding and the other lamps arrive. The lamps I have now are beautiful, but they are too short for sure. I think if I planned putting the prints above the bed they might work, but I am not, they are going on a side wall one above the other.
July 9, 2014 at 1:03PM   
ckoeppel
An alternative to the chandelier I already chose. It is available in silver, too.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Crystal-2-light-Flush-with-English-Bronze-Finish/6375555/product.html
July 10, 2014 at 10:05AM   
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.overstock.com/#/6749532/product.html

CK, this one looks familiar to me. I think you considered it before. IF you go with a bling one, I prefer the first one over the second one you posted. Sorry, I did not compare dimensions or anything but I like the different cuts and shapes in this one. I thought you said the circle one came in a satin finish or something similar if the bronze doesn't work.
July 10, 2014 at 10:36AM     
ckoeppel
The circle one does come in a sating finish. I just saw this one and thought it was beautiful.
July 10, 2014 at 10:41AM     
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.overstock.com/#/7026576/product.html

Wish I could see this a bit better but looks like a "cage" of sorts with some bling. Hope your house doesnt get dusty like mine!!! : )
July 10, 2014 at 10:43AM   
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.overstock.com/#/6805913/product.html

More money but looks gray as an antique bronze. Pretty transitional. Not as sparkly or feminine. Very nice.
July 10, 2014 at 10:48AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Uh Oh! ; )))) even more money but different, airy and silver.

I'd also be checking how many watts I can put in these. I have an overhead that has such low light I could scream....hmmm maybe I check if there's a bulb out! Haha haha. The one before this one took 200 watts, YIPPEE! The older I get the dimmer the world is. Speaking of dimmers I'd make sure I could put a dimmer on these but thats just me. I love my dimmers ♡
July 10, 2014 at 10:57AM     
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.overstock.com/#/6749669/product.html

Oooh! ( this shopping is too fun!)
July 10, 2014 at 11:04AM     
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.overstock.com/#/7918121/product.html

Kind of close to a medallion. Not quite Moroccan but ...?
July 10, 2014 at 11:11AM   
ckoeppel
I LOVE that one!
July 10, 2014 at 11:12AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Sooo many choices. If we went into Sears we would see maybe 8 lights of totally different styles so it was obvious and we went home happy. That was then and life was indeed simpler. Sigh.
July 10, 2014 at 11:29AM     
ckoeppel
My bedding came! It is GORGEOUS! After seeing it I am thinking ivory sheets and I am so glad I stuck with the Moroccan mirrors! I think the champagne lamps will be a perfect compliment. I will upload pics. The backside of the duvet matches one of the throw pillows. The champagne colored shams are a perfect color for the room. The shams are laid in the order I intend to put them on the bed. Ahhh so excited!
July 10, 2014 at 11:49AM     
ckoeppel
Bedskirt and artwork.
July 10, 2014 at 11:58AM   
bluenan
So glad you chose that duvet!
July 10, 2014 at 12:13PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
It is so well made and has a sheen to it.
July 10, 2014 at 12:17PM   
ckoeppel
I went HGs today and bought some throw pillows. Two pillows came with the duvet but I thought I would check others out. Pics below and more to come:

1) all pillows
2) champagne shag pillow
3) close up of 2
4) champagne bling pillow
July 10, 2014 at 4:07PM   
ckoeppel
5) close up of 4
6) ivory quilted - this came with the duvet and matches the euros
7) close up of 6
8) medium yellow with silver - beautiful but not sure it matches
July 10, 2014 at 4:12PM     
ckoeppel
9) close up of 8
10) grey and yellow plaid weaved
11) close up of 10

The euros are ivory quilted. The pillow in front is a satin champagne quilted with a morrocan design. The pillow in front of that matches the duvet.

Do I go with all champagne and ivory and leave yellow to just the accents for the room?

Which throw pillows do you like best? Is the med yellow silver not a good match? It is darker than the yellow in the bedding but lends itself to the artwork. The weaved pillow matches the back of the duvet and shams.
July 10, 2014 at 4:20PM     
ckoeppel
I took a pic of my choices and thought about adding a small grey sequined pillow in the front of the ivory quilted pillow. Thoughts?
July 10, 2014 at 4:40PM   
glschisler
Once upon a time on one of the HGTV shows, they said 7 pillows on the bed. My choice for no. 7 is the champaign bling. :)
July 10, 2014 at 7:06PM     
ckoeppel
I agree! I keep looking at it trying to talk myself out of it but I really love the bling.
July 10, 2014 at 7:20PM     
bluenan
Seven seems like an awful lot of pillows. For a bed that size I would use no more than five; two largest in back, two smaller in front of those and one stand alone of a different shape or size in the front. I'm a textural rather than bling girl, so my faves are the quilted, the damask and the woven #10. I know you like your sparkle, ck, so you choose the ones you like best! I really like that damask pillow and if it isn't perfect on the bed can it go on a bench?
July 10, 2014 at 7:42PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
The damask pillow is really pretty in person. I am keeping it for the bench or settee.
July 10, 2014 at 8:18PM     
ckoeppel
So Bluenan you would use the quilted euros and the two flowered shams with the quilted, woven, and damask throw pillows? Do you think the satin champagne shams are too much?
July 10, 2014 at 8:33PM   
bluenan
I'm not sure...I'm conflicted about the satin champagne pillows being wider than the euros in back. I might try not using the euros and try the satin champagne then the floral and whichever single pillow you like for the front, maybe even the champagne bling. I'd play around until I found the combination that grabbed me.
July 10, 2014 at 8:54PM     
DMS Design Associates
Needs a punch of dark color like dark grey trim on a pillow or in a pattern or a hint of warm blue.
July 11, 2014 at 6:07AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I agree. I am buying a throw pillow that I saw at HG yesterday. It is dark grey and embellished. I believe I have decided to take the bling pillow back. Bluenan's comment about texture seems important to me. What are your thoughts on the champagne pillow shams?
July 11, 2014 at 6:14AM   
ckoeppel
The champagne lamps arrived and I am in love! :) The inside of the shade is silver foil and the shade has a suede appearance. So pretty!
July 11, 2014 at 11:20AM     
ckoeppel
Final decision...chandelier!
July 11, 2014 at 11:21AM     
bluenan
Love the lamp! Great color, great proportions!
July 11, 2014 at 11:24AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
soto01
Love the lamps as well. Agree with Bluenan...
July 11, 2014 at 11:34AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
armygirl1987
Love it girl.
July 11, 2014 at 12:40PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
Hey, don't you just love thr UPS guy (gal)??? Its raining beautiful "presents" everyday! This wouldnt happen to be a full regular bed, would it? Would you just lookie lookie! http://www.landsend.com/products/400-count-no-iron-floral-sheet-set-or-pillowcase/id_263605?sku_0=::M9V
July 11, 2014 at 1:33PM   
auntiebuzzybee
Need a extra set of sleeping pillows...if only you could get the cases in floral
July 11, 2014 at 1:35PM   
ckoeppel
Darn! It is a queen. Those are beautiful!
July 11, 2014 at 1:58PM   
auntiebuzzybee
I love Lands End linens so I we I looking for a light yellow or dark gray sheets set and landed on those sheets. I know my hear sunk. Wonder if customer service could tell you about them such as track them down? Land's end recently was bought by sears so you could return anything to their stores. No ques asked. Therei linens are really ample and good quality. Fitted sheets are not just elastic at the corners, etc.

I haven't gotten to my desktop since you posted yesterday. Still seeing stuff just on my phone but it is GORGEOUS!!! Love love that spread. Yep, I'm thinking 5 cushions would look better than 7. You have 2 sers of covers that came with the 2 different covers, right? One thing that I see that bothers me is so many of pillows are same size same shape and similar color. I'd be inclined to try a dark grey as mentioned and perhaps a lumbar shape. If you do get coverlet for bottom of bed, and you have this many pillows, you wont be able to see that beautiful spread. A couple of those pics have pink tone on my screen, do you see?
I do think these lamps are the better scale. These look like the lighter ones? What's left to cone in? Nothing hanging out, right? Just need to adjust and rethink what's next to buy?
July 11, 2014 at 3:05PM   
armygirl1987
FYI from someone who just updated their room. Please do not get all those pillows. I would add a bolster instead. Can you fit three in the back vs the two?
July 12, 2014 at 7:51AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
So here are my chandelier choices. Which do you like best? The two attached pics in satin nickel.
http://www.overstock.com/#/6784082/product.html
July 12, 2014 at 8:22AM     
ckoeppel
Armygirl1987 I can buy a third pillow but which do you suggest the ivory quilted euro or the champagne quilted satin standard? That's where I am confused because I like the size of the euro but I like the fabric in the champagne. When I look at the initial inspiration photo I see three layers...ivory euros, satin standards, and matching standards and three throw pillows. I did the same just to decide.
July 12, 2014 at 8:26AM   
wickedwhite
Can we please see a wider shot of your room with the updated items?
July 12, 2014 at 8:26AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Auntie I did get the lighter champagne lamps and they are simply gorgeous. The room is peaceful with this color scheme. Disappointed to learn last night my husband will paint grey but not until the fall so he can enjoy summer. I am confused on what larger pillows to use. As far as throw pillows I am using Bluenan's suggestion of the weaved, quilted, and a dark grey pillow in a smaller shape. I feel like if I use the quilted throw pillow I need to use the quilted euros to tie everything together. I just love the champagne standard shams. Th fabric and how they make the lamps work. Not sure which way to go on the larger pillows. I have tried every scenario and love them all. I really want this room for myself! LOL
July 12, 2014 at 8:33AM     
ckoeppel
Wickedwhite I don't have anything hung. I can still take a pic if you want.
July 12, 2014 at 8:34AM     
ckoeppel
wickedwhite, here are two pictures of the room. Missing is the bedskirt, the settee, the decision on the chandelier and the bed pillows.
July 12, 2014 at 10:15AM     
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.landsend.com/products/400-count-no-iron-solid-supima-sateen-bedding/id_234559#
Hey there, In case you decide to go with the Land's End sheets I recommend, here is the link. If you decide to do the yellow, notice there are price differences. I have called them when I "just didn't understand" why the ones I wanted cost more than the same of another color, etc, etc. They have been very good to give the customer (me) the break in the past. There are the discounts for signing up etc if you want to get these.

Please tell me, do you have three of the euros in light cream color that I see in photo number 1? Did these come with the set(included in price)?

Photos 10 and 11 are the same pillow and come with the set? Are these pillow covers or actual pillows?

Your quilted shams...hmmm..look kind of purple on my screen. I'm not sure they blend in style either. Diversity is good but I'm uncertain that these are really the ones for you. Do you love them? Maybe you could photo just them with the spread so I could see them better without the others and just having a side view of them. Do they come in a Euro?

The little bling pillow? meh...it looks pink. You can find prettier, I think.

Can you photo the quilted ones up against the headboard? They are the ones you plan to get the matching coverlet, right?

That's a nice bed rail I see there. It will be interesting to see if it looks better without or with the cover when it comes.

I'm undecided about the lights. I'm inclined to go with the second photo, the second and third links. I think I have ruled out the small silver one because not enough light. The chandy that you have now, I like very much, but I think You really want some bling in there, somewhere and we haven't let you have any foo-foo yet!!! ; ) That really sparkly one has many many excellent reviews. Hopefully you would get enough light through all the glass. Sounds more like beautiful ambiance than direct lighting. It does look a wee feminine as does the second link. Gorgeous. We will see what others have to say and also be in touch tomorrow.

I want to talk about your beautiful rug and painting room.

Goodnight.
July 12, 2014 at 9:38PM   
auntiebuzzybee
These are supposed to be at amazon marketplace. It didn't link me up right though through "The Find"
July 12, 2014 at 10:02PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
That one above and these are from a place called "The Home Centric" through Amazon
July 12, 2014 at 10:21PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
wickedwhite
Wow! It looks really good. Love the bedding great choice. I like the chandelier you posted yesterday.. The warm metal with the circular pattern. I would keep the pillows to only 5... A small show stopped centred in front of four larger ones. Do you have room for a settee? I really like the lamps and the mirrors. Are the mirrored panels with the circular shape out of the running?
July 13, 2014 at 6:30AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Auntie, I probably like the first pillow best. Would yoh get a euro size in this pillow to replace the ivory crinkle fabric ones or are you suggesting it for a throw pillow?
July 13, 2014 at 11:00AM   
ckoeppel
Wickedwhite, thank you. I have decided to use the Morrocan mirrors. The chandelier you like comes in a satin nickel finish too. I am not sure what to do on the shams. I like the use of a euro but I also like the champagne satin quilted standard shams. Those champagne shams are also available in ivory, would that be a better color?
July 13, 2014 at 11:07AM   
ckoeppel
Auntie I only have 2 euros in the ivory crinkle but could get a 3rd. The weaved plaid fabric is an actual pillow that cames with the bedding as well as the square ivory crinkle fabric pillow. I don't think I am going to go with the bling chandelier. I like my original or the contemporary one you found.
July 13, 2014 at 11:11AM   
ckoeppel
Here is the contemporary one.
July 13, 2014 at 11:13AM   
ckoeppel
Here is the original.
July 13, 2014 at 11:23AM   
auntiebuzzybee
The woven yellow and gray that came with set, there are two of them, correct? What would you think of medallion euro as your third one wirh the two solids?
July 13, 2014 at 11:51AM   
ckoeppel
Here are pics of the champagne satin quilted sham. The closeup has a pink center which is from my camera. It is a true champagne color.
July 13, 2014 at 11:52AM   
ckoeppel
Here is the bedding with just the ivory crinkle and floral shams. The other pic is just the champagne and floral shams. Honestly the duvet isn't true grey it is light grey with beige undertones making it more of a champagne color.
July 13, 2014 at 11:59AM   
ckoeppel
The champagne quilted shams are available in platinum and ivory.
July 13, 2014 at 12:01PM   
ckoeppel
There is one plaid, one ivory crinkle throw pillow. There are two ivory crinkle euros. Not sure what you mean about using a medallion pillow. The damask one isn't a euro.
July 13, 2014 at 12:06PM   
auntiebuzzybee
The link above for the damask has sizes 12x12 to 26x26. How big are your Euros?
July 13, 2014 at 3:32PM   
auntiebuzzybee
This medallion damask one is what I think you said you like
July 13, 2014 at 3:39PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I never saw that pillow sorry. Do you have a link? My current euros are 26x 26. How would it look to use this pillow as the euro and return the ivory crinkle ones? Would I need 3 for a queen bed?
July 13, 2014 at 5:23PM   
auntiebuzzybee
Dont know if I did that right...tricky sticky wicket! Did you get it? I think you can not use all three as your Euros against your printed shames and spread. I think it has to be an accent.
July 13, 2014 at 6:00PM   
auntiebuzzybee
If you dont get it go back and look at pillows I posted last night...the link is above those pillow photos in a post by itself. You can see sizes and prices.
July 13, 2014 at 6:02PM   
ckoeppel
I am sorry I don't see the link.
July 14, 2014 at 6:43AM   
ckoeppel
What do you think about 3 of these in replacement of the euros?
http://m.zgallerie.com/p-15823-valeda-pillow-18.aspx
July 14, 2014 at 6:56AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Wow that's odd that neither time either way though it shows up on the thread on my end but doesnt on yours. Hmm.well I will get the item number for you through Amazon
July 14, 2014 at 7:23AM   
bluenan
Hi there....I think an 18" pillow will be too small for the back row. A queen mattress is 60" wide, and with the headboard you'll get a bit more, so looking at the various sized pillows available, I think you need to fill the width plus give enough height so they can be seen behind the others. I think three 20" pillows will be best for the back. Then two 18" or 16" square, or two standard shams, with a lumbar, bolster or boudoir in front will work best. You could use three 20" pillows in back with the two floral shams in front with a single pillow in the front of those. I'd narrow it down to the sizes that look best and then narrow the search for those sized pillows.
St. Simons Island, GA Master Bedroom CDA Interior Design
July 14, 2014 at 7:24AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
July 14, 2014 at 7:24AM   
ckoeppel
Bluenan, I saw an accent pillow the same size as the one in your first pic at HGs. It was light grey with an off-white beaded paisley. They had a yellow bolster pillow I liked but it was all ruffles. Would that be too much? I would like to find a solid ivory 20 inch with texture to use for the 3 pillows behind the floral shams.
July 14, 2014 at 7:37AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Can you Google this "Amazon Damask Galore."..thats what the name of pillow is and I dont see item number? Never realized Amazon doesnt have item numbers
July 14, 2014 at 7:38AM     
bluenan
Both of the pillows you describe sound nice. I don't think one pillow with ruffles is too much.
July 14, 2014 at 7:45AM     
July 14, 2014 at 7:51AM   
ckoeppel
Bluenan what do you think about 3 of these pillows, my two floral shams, and the yellow ruffled pillow? http://m.zgallerie.com/p-13500-boulevard-pillow-24.aspx
July 14, 2014 at 7:57AM     
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FZUZXFM?cache=bb030c065e98001dcca1e786a315276c&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1405351315&sr=1-35#ref=mp_s_a_1_35

These look similar to the -Z Gallerie but at almost 1/2 the price...just for ideas to file away ; ) its 20x20. Let me know if you dont get this one link either.
July 14, 2014 at 8:28AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
bluenan
Those are beautiful, but they're 24" each, almost as big as a euro sham, that's 72" and probably too wide for your bed.
July 14, 2014 at 8:38AM     
ckoeppel
Good point! So glad you are involved in this convo! :)
July 14, 2014 at 8:40AM     
July 14, 2014 at 9:16AM     
bluenan
That looks like a good neutral, yet interesting backdrop for any number of other pillow combinations.
July 14, 2014 at 9:19AM     
ckoeppel
I am going to go look at it today. I think I would use 3 of these behind the two floral shams and then possibly the yellow floral bolster. The yellow is somewhat brighter than the yellow in the duvet. Will that matter? It is close to the yellow in the prints.
July 14, 2014 at 9:32AM   
bluenan
A brighter yellow pillow should look good with the prints. It might add a little oomph.
July 14, 2014 at 9:39AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
butlerclan8109
I love the idea of layering 3 Square pillows, 2 Floral Shams, and a Yellow Bolster! I'd look for a geometric or something with fringe for the square pillows. I'd look for a solid bolster with texture.
July 14, 2014 at 9:47AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Auntie I only received one of your posts.
July 14, 2014 at 10:01AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Which one DID you get? Well, here's a jackpot for you at WEST ELM!
http://www.westelm.com/products/beaded-chevron-pillow-cover-t1069/?pkey=cpillows&cm_src=pillows||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-
July 14, 2014 at 11:02AM   
auntiebuzzybee
....some come in choice of color, some on sale, some $20 at WEST ELM, not specifically these but just to say there are many beauties there
July 14, 2014 at 11:07AM   
auntiebuzzybee
I love the beaded chevron in this photo. Its 20x20.
July 14, 2014 at 11:15AM   
auntiebuzzybee
actually found some things at Belk's the other night. They really have a difficult website though. Great sale prices. I was crazy trying to figure out one of them as a 4 pc set for $40 just to get the shams, then you could donate the spread...anyway here is one little pic I was able to get from them
July 14, 2014 at 11:19AM   
July 14, 2014 at 11:21AM     
auntiebuzzybee
Also Etsy
July 14, 2014 at 11:40AM     
ckoeppel
I LOVE the chevron West Elm pillow! I love the horseradish embroidered pillow but it is only 18.5" square. Thank you for doing this!
July 14, 2014 at 11:50AM   
July 14, 2014 at 11:51AM   
ckoeppel
The beaded chevron is the exact color of the bedding. It really is more of stone. Great price and free shipping!
July 14, 2014 at 11:52AM   
ckoeppel
I am uncomfortable ordering off of Etsy. Normally not, but if they are custom pillows and I don't like the true colors, then I am stuck. I am the QUEEN of returns!
July 14, 2014 at 11:53AM     
butlerclan8109
Love the Beaded Chevron! FYI prices that end in .99 on West Elm are final purchases!
July 14, 2014 at 12:00PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Here are two more examples using the Pier 1 fringe pillows and the West Elm Chevron.
July 14, 2014 at 12:39PM     
ckoeppel
Here is a full example of the target pillows.
July 14, 2014 at 12:40PM   
butlerclan8109
I like the Target pillows!
July 14, 2014 at 12:45PM     
ckoeppel
Me too butlerclan 8109! Do you think the yellow is too bright? The one I am looking at is about the same color but a ruffled bolster.
July 14, 2014 at 12:52PM   
July 14, 2014 at 1:03PM   
auntiebuzzybee
I dont think I'd jump on that yellow one just yet. Its not that its too bright as much as shade on my screen. Oh I need to find that west elm parakeet pillow in case you use a settee. Cool bird.
July 14, 2014 at 1:04PM     
auntiebuzzybee
I guess im thinking old rich gold color....I'll be looking.
July 14, 2014 at 1:05PM     
ckoeppel
Here is really cool pic. The pillows are cream and grey chevron. Let me know what you think.
http://www.target.com/p/room-essentials-embroidered-chevron-toss-pillow-cream-gray-18x18/-/A-14837269#prodSlot=_4_40
July 14, 2014 at 1:14PM   
ckoeppel
Auntie, I think that color would be good, too.
July 14, 2014 at 1:15PM   
ckoeppel
Shoot! I love the target chevron but it isn't available and it is only 18 inches square!
July 14, 2014 at 1:16PM   
ckoeppel
This is a cool pillow from target. I kind of like it in a weird way.
http://www.target.com/p/threshold-quilted-ombre-toss-pillow-yellow-20x20/-/A-14702995#prodSlot=_1_14
July 14, 2014 at 1:24PM   
ckoeppel
A final target pillow
July 14, 2014 at 1:32PM   
butlerclan8109
It does tie yellow into the scheme! I like it to! Can you show it flipped upside down, too?
July 14, 2014 at 1:34PM   
butlerclan8109
That last post of a Target pillow looks nice, too!
July 14, 2014 at 1:35PM     
ckoeppel
Here it is!
July 14, 2014 at 1:40PM   
auntiebuzzybee
The deepening shades of the duvet flowers, do they darken to an olive gray or a brown gray?
July 14, 2014 at 1:47PM   
ckoeppel
Auntie, a brown gray just like "Revere Pewter!"
July 14, 2014 at 1:53PM   
butlerclan8109
I prefer the darker color at the bottom! I like the cream and gray/silver, maybe a tad better, but without a bolster in front, it's hard to decide.
July 14, 2014 at 1:58PM     
ckoeppel
I am favoring the cream and gray/silver too. You are so right about it being hard to decide!
July 14, 2014 at 2:02PM   
ckoeppel
How about this pillow?
July 14, 2014 at 2:10PM     
ckoeppel
The color of this pillow actually matches the pale yellow and the champagne lamps.
July 14, 2014 at 2:11PM   
butlerclan8109
Try looking for a different shape...maybe short and long, or a bolster?
July 14, 2014 at 2:14PM     
butlerclan8109
I place the shams that match my quilt in the back, floral shams, then 3 small square pillows.
July 14, 2014 at 2:30PM     
ckoeppel
That looks very nice! An the idea is great!
July 14, 2014 at 2:33PM     
ckoeppel
This is with the Pier 1 pillows.
July 14, 2014 at 2:49PM     
armygirl1987
I like the yellow one but think that there is something better out there. I love the West Elm ones. Try Crate and Barrel also as they have really good pillows.
July 14, 2014 at 3:30PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I bought 3 of the Pier 1 pillows in ivory. They have a tan confetti fringe. They shimmer and my camera doesn't do them justice. I also bought two accent pillows.
July 14, 2014 at 7:10PM   
ckoeppel
The yellow pillow really pulls put the yellow in the prints.
July 14, 2014 at 7:13PM     
armygirl1987
If they look good go with it. I was not feeling the fringes on the ends. LOL but I do love the yellow pilow.
July 14, 2014 at 7:26PM   
ckoeppel
If I don't go with the pillows I think the target pleated ivory is a good choice. I love the yellow pillow!
July 14, 2014 at 7:36PM   
armygirl1987
I like those better, had to go search. LOL
July 14, 2014 at 7:38PM     
armygirl1987
If you ever get board take a look at my room. LOL http://www.houzz.com/discussions/580204/Bedrom-Update
July 14, 2014 at 7:39PM   
ckoeppel
I like both so I just need to decide. Maybe someone else will see a definite choice which will help me.
July 14, 2014 at 7:41PM     
armygirl1987
Did you look at the West Elm ones?
July 14, 2014 at 7:48PM   
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.finelinenandbath.com/p-4146-peacock-alley-catalina-linen-bed-linens.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw_42eBRDHqcG1psmtneEBEiQAWPL8WNALAR8pFfbG7mEXX2oFHtWD3nef4J_AgUK9Vc2Kdj4aAhah8P8HAQ

Well you see? All this fun and we could have let them do it and you'd maybe still be waiting so you do such good legwork we really are moving along with this room.
I was thinking we need another one to do. We have a good idea of what's out there!!!
How's your master??? Lol! Need a redo????
What's hubby got to say? Anything yet? :) or did the cc bill come in already?!
July 14, 2014 at 10:36PM     
hotflorida
#1 . What app did u use to put it all together ? Thank u
July 14, 2014 at 11:12PM     
armygirl1987
Wanted to show you mine that I just recently changed out comforters but kept the bird from original update.
July 15, 2014 at 5:06AM     
armygirl1987
A side view which makes me see that I need to vacuum. Lol
July 15, 2014 at 5:20AM   
Mirens Inc
Love #2 because of the colors pulled from the art! Gray, light yellow, beige, cream with some wood tones make such as calming and restful bedroom color scheme!
July 15, 2014 at 5:29AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Hotflorida, I am a web designer and I use Adobe's fireworks software.
July 15, 2014 at 6:25AM   
ckoeppel
Armygirl1987, your room is beautiful! I love the pop of orange!
July 15, 2014 at 6:27AM   
ckoeppel
Auntie, what are your thoughts on the 3 Pier 1 pillows, the floral shams, and the yellow ruffled bolster? I have one more photo to post today to use as a comparison.
July 15, 2014 at 6:30AM   
ckoeppel
Bluenan, what do you think about the pic with the 3 Pier 1 pillows?
July 15, 2014 at 6:31AM   
butlerclan8109
Hmmm...I loved the Pier 1 pillows with the fringe standing up. Little disappointed that the fringe flops in real life! Is the yellow in the pillow similar to the yellow in your artwork? I wonder if you can find background pillows in a pale yellow and then carry the yellow in front with a decorative pillow?
July 15, 2014 at 7:04AM   
ckoeppel
Yes, the yellow in the pillow matches the yellow in the art perfectly. The fringe is floppy but is beautiful and shimmering.
July 15, 2014 at 7:08AM   
bluenan
I like the choice with the yellow boudoir pillow. If you put two bed pillows tucked behind the fringed pillows they might lie back a bit and the fringe might stay up better.
July 15, 2014 at 7:23AM     
ckoeppel
Yea they are pretty much against the headboard. Plus I pulled the fringe forward so everyone could see it. I wish you could see all of it in person. The fringe matches the color of the wood frame around the Morrocan mirrors perfectly.
July 15, 2014 at 7:28AM   
bluenan
You seem to really love those and you're there seeing it all in person, so don't stress any longer and go for it!
July 15, 2014 at 7:43AM     
ckoeppel
I do really love them. I am going to order the Target pleated pillows just to see which I like better but I am ready to be done with choosing pillows.
July 15, 2014 at 7:48AM   
ckoeppel
I bought a dark grey pillow yesterday to try with the bedding. No matter which option I would replace the white euros with the three 20 inch Target pleated ivory pillows. This is my LAST post about pillow choices so I hope to get some final feedback. I didn't have my flash on last night so the pics look a little better today.
July 15, 2014 at 8:11AM   
ckoeppel
One more with the ivory pillows behind the floral shams. Again I would replace the ivory pillows with the 3 Target pillows.
July 15, 2014 at 8:16AM   
armygirl1987
Yellow is a must so either one.
July 15, 2014 at 9:43AM     
butlerclan8109
I love the 3 pillows in the back, so I'm voting for the Target pleated ones! Go for the yellow bolster, too! Really ties the colors together with your artwork!
July 15, 2014 at 10:21AM     
butlerclan8109
Don't forget to post pics of your finished room!
July 15, 2014 at 10:47AM   
ckoeppel
Here is a pillow I found at Bed Bath and Beyond. Butlerclan8109 you suggested a pillow with pale yellow. It looks nice too.
July 15, 2014 at 10:54AM   
ckoeppel
Close up. I like this a lot.
July 15, 2014 at 11:04AM     
butlerclan8109
It's PERFECT! Just the right touch...the look is chic!
July 15, 2014 at 11:14AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I LOVE it too. The pillows are $69 but I think I can get 20% off by calling in the order.
July 15, 2014 at 11:26AM   
ckoeppel
Those pillows are feathered filled. Will that work in this case?
July 15, 2014 at 11:52AM   
butlerclan8109
Yes, feather filled should hold the shape, especially since no one will be messing with them!
July 15, 2014 at 11:56AM     
butlerclan8109
BBB text 239-663 for 20% off!
July 15, 2014 at 12:00PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
bluenan
Yes, I love those, that's the look!
July 15, 2014 at 1:02PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Bluenan, I agree 100%. Pillows are on the way! I can't wait! I think it will be gorgeous!
July 15, 2014 at 1:07PM     
armygirl1987
And she scores. Love those.
July 15, 2014 at 3:00PM     
ckoeppel
I did! So glad I didn't give up!
July 15, 2014 at 3:09PM     
butlerclan8109
Yay! Did you get the 20% off to boot?
July 15, 2014 at 3:31PM   
armygirl1987
Timing is everything.
July 15, 2014 at 3:42PM     
ckoeppel
Yep 20% off!
July 15, 2014 at 4:42PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Oh I just got home. Been gone and busy all day!!! Great looking! Fabulous teamwork!!! ( ps. You were NOT going to "give up"!). I'm on my phone. Hope to see better whenever I can get to my computer.
July 15, 2014 at 7:23PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
Haven't really read this completely. Did y'all discuss the size of the rug? I love it so much but don't like the way it comes up a foot or two under the bed. Those photos before bothered me. What do you think?
I'm out all day tomorrow. I'm sorry about that. But while this group is tackling this maybe get other opinions. I adore the rug. Maybe go smaller just between bed and closet in front of it? (Thats the closet towards the foot of the bed. That's what has been my orientation perspective anyway)
July 15, 2014 at 7:30PM     
ckoeppel
No discussion about the rug but I did decide on the chandelier. Original choice in satin nickel.
July 15, 2014 at 7:34PM     
auntiebuzzybee
It was tough choice on lighting. Pillows can be changed here and there but lighting with electrician can be quite costly. You had some great choices again. That's what makes it si hard : ) "i'll take one of everything, thank you!)
Missed you today kiddo! Felt like I ran out on you. Things are falling apart for two seperate friends. One was readmitted to hospital today while I was with the other. Both having such a hard time. So, I may not get back with you in timely manner but did have time to miss ya!
July 15, 2014 at 8:32PM     
ckoeppel
I missed you too! I wondered where you were today. I am sorry to hear about your friends. You are a good friend to be there for them. I am loving my room and I have a lot to thank you and all the others for such AMAZING. help!
July 15, 2014 at 8:41PM   
auntiebuzzybee
I have really enjoyed it. You've been so proactive and that is a large part of what makes it such a pleasure. I love your taste and you must know hiw much of this was totally your efforts and work fun. Now are we doing the settee and window treatments? Are you going to use the Revere Pewter in here to? CK, you can paint! !! I have faith in your skills and talents! Besides if you start maybe he'll give in and pitch in...not that you're asking...bc you heard him so thought you really wanted it completed and thought you'd give it a try ; ) ; ) ;)
July 15, 2014 at 8:55PM   
ckoeppel
What do you think about these sheets? Which color? Or should I go with a solid sheet color?

1) http://m.beddingstyle.com/henley_sheets.html
2) http://m.beddingstyle.com/jayden_yellow_sheets.html
July 16, 2014 at 7:16AM   
bluenan
It was hard to see from your link so I found the same sheets on Overstock with better color representation. The Jayden is yellow and the Henley is beige. I like the idea of pulling back the covers and seeing yellow, very fresh, but it needs to be the right shade. I also like the idea of a small print, I love layering different scale prints.

http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Laura-Ashley-100-Percent-Cotton-Sheet-Set/7324834/product.html
July 16, 2014 at 7:41AM     
ckoeppel
What do you think about that shade of yellow? It looks pretty bright but I am on my phone which could make a difference.
July 16, 2014 at 7:44AM   
bluenan
Still too hard for me to determine from a picture.
July 16, 2014 at 8:49AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
butlerclan8109
Next to the other colors, the Jayden Yellow looks bright, but on the pic if it alone, it doesn't look as bright. I'd love climbing into such crisp, fresh, and cheery sheets! Go for the yellow!
July 16, 2014 at 11:29AM     
ckoeppel
Here they are together. Overstock's picture is a little brighter so it is hard to tell.
July 16, 2014 at 11:53AM   
ckoeppel
Here's a review about the yellow..."I ordered the yellow set and the colors were so soft and lovely, very spring like and very pretty. The sheets are nice and soft. Would highly recommend."
July 16, 2014 at 12:20PM   
butlerclan8109
Well...like the print. The yellow is off...you need maybe more of a buttery shade. Might be easier to go with something in the grey? I saw the Laura Ashley comes in a beige/cream (can't remember the color name) which might work. But, seeing them together, I'd lean toward grey (a search in grey May end up pulling up something with yellow, anyway).
July 16, 2014 at 12:29PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Here is the beige.
July 16, 2014 at 12:38PM   
ckoeppel
What do you think of these? They are Martha Stewart so I am not sure about quality (haven't read reviews yet) but the colors look yellow, gray, and a little light green.
July 16, 2014 at 1:01PM   
butlerclan8109
Like the gray ones on eBay!
July 16, 2014 at 1:14PM     
ckoeppel
And these...
July 16, 2014 at 1:15PM   
ckoeppel
With the eBay sheets.
July 16, 2014 at 1:21PM   
butlerclan8109
I wish I had your technology skills and software! How fun it must be to be able to actual 'make' visuals the way you can! I like the yellow sheets just above your pic with the gray Tahari sheets! Can you pop them into a pic, too?
July 16, 2014 at 8:17PM     
ckoeppel
butlerclan8109, it is fun and I would be willing to do a visual for you if you ever need it. Here is a pic of the bedding with the sheets you like.
July 17, 2014 at 10:15AM   
ckoeppel
I don't know what you think, but I think this color might work. It appears to be a soft yellow.
July 17, 2014 at 10:15AM   
ckoeppel
butlerclan8109, I ordered the sheets you like. I am ordering the Laura Ashley sheets to just to see which one works best.

Also, I purchased the drapes that matched the duvet. I am thinking about buying an espresso rod. I have the espresso frames on the opposite wall and the two campaign tables in espresso. Since I am buying the satin silver chandelier, I thought an espresso rod would balance everything out in the room. What do you think?
July 17, 2014 at 12:56PM     
butlerclan8109
It sounds gorgeous! Great idea to pull the espresso to the window wall!
July 17, 2014 at 1:07PM     
ckoeppel
I asked a seller on eBay how they would describe the yellow Laura Ashley sheets. They said in between a butter yellow and bright yellow. Think it is worth ordering them?
July 17, 2014 at 1:48PM     
butlerclan8109
Oh yes! Most definitely! If you find the right yellow, you'll love it! The pattern will coordinate nicely! Do you want one set, or 2?
July 17, 2014 at 3:32PM   
ckoeppel
I am going to start with one set for now. I have spent a ton on this room, so I need to pace myself.
July 17, 2014 at 3:50PM   
Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
Farrow & Ball Mouse back for wall color never fails.
July 17, 2014 at 4:06PM     
ckoeppel
Lori, I LOVE that color! Beautiful! Do you think it will make the room look even smaller?
July 17, 2014 at 4:12PM   
bluenan
One set of sheets is all you need for a guest room. I hope the yellow works!
July 17, 2014 at 5:02PM     
ckoeppel
My pillows will be here Tuesday! Can't wait! I am going today to pick up one of the sheet sets. I ordered the Laura Ashley to compare which will be here next week.
July 18, 2014 at 7:52AM     
studio10001
I'm back from a break, and see you have been shopping up a storm!
You've mentioned a concern about the room looking smaller - stay with properly proportioned pieces and solid coloured sheets to help with that. Paint colour will have some effect, but if the accents are crisp and larger in scale, the result can be a contemporary jewelbox and will look lux, rather than small. The colour Lori suggested is wonderful for that.
I have not spotted the area rug shown in place, but saw that it is smaller than originally discussed - are you still pleased with the effect?
Part of the challenge of budget solutions, as you are finding, is that the pieces are often scaled back in size (That is partially why the Kirkland and Overstock were cheaper than similar options). You are still looking at window seats and again, I see the options getting smaller: resist.
July 18, 2014 at 10:20AM     
ckoeppel
Thank you! This advice is so helpful! I already bought ivory sheets that have more of a champagne appearance. I intended to return them today because I was considering the floral. Maybe I should reconsder? The rug is a 5 x 7 and I like how it fits. I do agree it needs to be moved under the bed more. I am still considering the original settee in yellow. Just need to pace myself. The color Lori suggested is gorgeous...a little darker than revere pewter but I like it. Do you like my new pillow choice?
July 18, 2014 at 10:46AM   
ckoeppel
Here are the sheets I already bought.
July 18, 2014 at 10:53AM   
ckoeppel
Studio what do u think about my chandelier choice above?
July 18, 2014 at 10:57AM   
ckoeppel
Yea I also like this one. It's kind of down the middle of calm and making a statement.
July 18, 2014 at 11:44AM   
studio10001
I like it better than the other, and think a wider pattern would be nicer, still.
July 18, 2014 at 11:57AM   
bluenan
The sheets will be covered until the bed is pulled back right before climbing in and will have no impact on the perceived size of the room. If the color is right I think the yellow sheets will not only offer another layer of pattern and color, but a fresh and cheery reveal.
July 18, 2014 at 1:41PM     
ckoeppel
I picked up the first set of yelllow sheets and I think they might work. I ordered the Laura Ashley and will decide when they arrive. I agree with you Bluenan. In person the room has the feeling of the direction we are going. What's your thoughts on my original chandelier in satin nickel?
July 18, 2014 at 2:30PM   
bluenan
I've always liked that light, very sleek and it should provide a nice soft light because it's not open, no glare above you.
July 18, 2014 at 2:34PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
studio10001
Because you are still asking about it, I suspect it is the model you feel most comfortable with. Trust your preferences.
July 18, 2014 at 2:40PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I picked up one of the yellow floral sheet sets. The color is nice and I agree with Bluenan they add something special. Let me know what you think.
July 18, 2014 at 4:44PM     
ckoeppel
I had the flash on in the second and third pic which make the sheets seem bright. They are a beautiful butter color.
July 18, 2014 at 4:49PM   
butlerclan8109
Really pretty! Now, when the other set arrives, you can decide between the two!
Yes, I also like your choice for the ceiling light!
Your room is going to be amazing!
July 18, 2014 at 7:26PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I have a small bath right off the bedroom. I bought two rugs to put in front of the sink and shower. One is grey and ivory and the other is yellow with white and grey stripes. The yellow is similar to the yellow in the ruffled pillow on the bed. Which do you like best?

I also bought yellow towels with a morrocan print. Are they too yellow or should I stick with grey?
July 20, 2014 at 12:26PM     
ckoeppel
Here is a close-up of the grey. The rug for in front of the sink is a solid grey. The yellow striped is the same for both rugs.
July 20, 2014 at 12:32PM   
bluenan
What color is the floor and vanity? I like the grey rug but the yellow towels are really pretty.
July 20, 2014 at 2:34PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I have attached a pic of the floor and vanity. It is a pretty simple bath.
July 20, 2014 at 3:04PM   
ckoeppel
Here is a pic with the grey rugs.
July 20, 2014 at 3:09PM   
ckoeppel
Here is the print I am considering putting above the toilet. Looking at it closely I kind of think the grey rugs are more suitable. I could keep the towels but I have also been looking at Macy's hotel collection in the cantaloupe color which is really yellow.
July 20, 2014 at 3:34PM     
armygirl1987
I like yellow towel but not yellow rug. I am still so so on the grey rug.
July 20, 2014 at 3:46PM     
bluenan
I think both rugs need to be the same, whichever you choose. The tile seems more beige than grey, so I'm not sure about the grey rug. The print is perfect. Have you thought about using white rugs and towels? They won't get a lot of heavy use in a guest bath.
July 20, 2014 at 3:55PM     
kranno
I like the yellow rug with the stripes best.
July 20, 2014 at 4:19PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
Hey CK, LOVE the medallion towels. Not so much on the rugs except the typical solid gray is nice ( the top ones). I love my white towels and bathmat. Wanted to say not loving the striped or bordered rug. Nah....you can do better. You always do. I think your three shams look great.
July 20, 2014 at 4:25PM     
butlerclan8109
Love the yellow Moroccan towels! How about yellow and white for scatter rugs/bath mat?
July 20, 2014 at 4:34PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.art.com/products/p10291366-sa-i1170644/michael-sowa-fowl-with-pearls.htm?sOrig=CAT&sOrigID=155704&dimVals=155704&ui=18B8308596AF49EAB5B1FAFBC2EA5EF4

I think "she" is unexpected and fancy old bird!!! She has the yellow and shades of white. I think she's neat. You can check art.com for all kinds of stuff. Couldn't resist showing her though! Cracks me up in a dignified way!
July 20, 2014 at 4:45PM     
armygirl1987
I agree with going white. I am in the processing of switching out to white and everything looks so nice and crisp and just throw it in the wash when its get dirty.
July 20, 2014 at 4:47PM   
butlerclan8109
I love that print Auntie! I have her in my pins on Pinterest! It'd be quite a conversation piece for the bathroom!
July 20, 2014 at 4:54PM     
ckoeppel
Auntie, you crack me up! "She" is a beaut!

butlerclan8109, I saw a white bath rug with the yellow Moroccan print. I almost got it, but I don't want to take the Moroccan thing over to the top. I like the idea of all white. Thanks Bluenan for the suggestion!
July 20, 2014 at 7:33PM   
ckoeppel
What about this rug? I know it isn't white but it is a buttery yellow. Problem is they only have one size. They have matching towels too.
http://www.target.com/p/threshold-153-floral-bath-rug-yellow/-/A-14258660
http://www.target.com/p/threshold-floral-bath-towels/-/A-14218287#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=Threshold%C2%99+Floral
July 20, 2014 at 7:52PM   
ckoeppel
OE Home, thank you, but I have a print picked out already.
July 20, 2014 at 8:05PM   
bluenan
Can you find a rug that is big enough to place horizontally in front of the vanity, toilet and tub? Using just one larger rug will cut down on the busy factor. The yellow set is cute but might be too much in a small bath.
July 21, 2014 at 6:09AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I thought of that last night. I am going to photoshop a rug into the space like that today to see how it works. Thank you!
July 21, 2014 at 6:21AM     
butlerclan8109
I love the textured yellow rug!
July 21, 2014 at 6:47AM     
ckoeppel
Butlerclan8109 I do too! I am going to buy it today and see how it works in the room. I like Bluenan's suggestion of putting it horizontally in the room. I don't want it to be too busy but I have to give it a try. It is very pretty and got awesome reviews.
July 21, 2014 at 6:57AM   
ckoeppel
Here is a pic of the textured yellow rug placed horizontally. I like it!
July 21, 2014 at 9:15AM     
soto01
Love the yellow rug! It has a lot of texture too! Great find CK......
July 21, 2014 at 12:52PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
butlerclan8109
LOVE it!
July 21, 2014 at 1:02PM     
armygirl1987
What sizes does it come in. I have to have rug under my feet when I am using sink and coming out of shower.
July 21, 2014 at 3:17PM   
ckoeppel
34 x 24
July 21, 2014 at 3:35PM     
armygirl1987
Can you measure it out with blue tape.
July 21, 2014 at 3:38PM   
ckoeppel
I don't have the rug yet, but I plan to get it this week and I will.
July 21, 2014 at 4:02PM   
auntiebuzzybee
CK, I don't like it : ( Sorry. Maybe in person it looks better.
July 21, 2014 at 4:18PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I am going to look at it tonight. I need to see it in person.
July 21, 2014 at 4:26PM   
ckoeppel
Auntie, do you like the sheets I have up above?
July 21, 2014 at 4:27PM   
armygirl1987
I meant use tape and tape out 24 by 24.
July 21, 2014 at 4:32PM   
armygirl1987
Think it is too much for the room and would go with rugs that match the floor. Or white as was suggested previously.
July 21, 2014 at 4:33PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Thank you! You just saved me a trip. This small room needs a solid color and I think white or ivory is the best choice.
July 21, 2014 at 4:37PM   
auntiebuzzybee
Yes, I think they are really pretty. Its a little hard to tell with the colour though...which photo do I believe sort of thing but yes I do like them. How do you make your beds? Do you turn the top down over the turned down spread? ( printed side of sheet inward on top) Or are you going to pull spread all the way up to headboard? What does underside of spread look like?

In your bathroom, I get what Army is saying but I don't think you are going to be able to cover all the bases, so to speak bc the toilet bowl is deeper than the vanity by 4-6"? It's going to be offset with one rug I think. I'd probably be inclined to go with plain gray, similar to your rug. You can then use any combination of towels, imho. Make sure the rug is not so thick that the door drags over it....ha ha, I'm being a drag saying that about the other rugs! Like some other things, you may have to get it to try it for the "gotta know" factor.

Originally you were going with solid gray draperies. Changed your mind?
July 21, 2014 at 4:46PM     
armygirl1987
When I did my daughters room with slate floors the best thing that I did was get grey rugs as suggested by someone on Houzz. I think the ivory or white would look good, rugs do not have to match towels right.?
July 21, 2014 at 4:59PM     
ckoeppel
Here are a couple pics of the underside of the duvet and the with it.
July 21, 2014 at 6:46PM   
ckoeppel
Let me know if you think they are a good match. I will answer your other questions later on my laptop.
July 21, 2014 at 6:48PM   
armygirl1987
Think it looks good initially was thinking no but now yes.
July 21, 2014 at 6:59PM     
ckoeppel
I ordered the other yellow sheets on eBay. The seller took my money and now says she no longer has the sheets and won't refund my money! Ugh! I reported her to eBay.
July 21, 2014 at 7:07PM   
studio10001
Woa! I think they will reimburse in her stead, but what an awful thing.( May her crack dealer sell her confectioner's sugar.)
July 21, 2014 at 7:27PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
Alright Studio!!! There ya go!
July 21, 2014 at 7:46PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Same as Army, at first? Meh. Then...yeah the colours look good together. If you happen to get a second set, maybe a solid...but what's cool about this is you have two totally different looks with this spread. Ha ha if you're having a male guest, flip it to the woven looking side and the prettiest fancy side for girls : ) it's sort of a fine tweed , very tasteful also.
July 21, 2014 at 7:53PM     
auntiebuzzybee
No I do not think towels need to match at all. We dont "DO matchy match" do we? I like to mix them up so you can use combinations of a deep golden yellow, very light ivory, grays and yellows...like mixing up a table setting...if you like variety. I think it would be best to have subtle luscious rugs in the sane color so your floor doesn't look jumbled. I don't think the floor needs to be the focus or fight with anything else.
July 21, 2014 at 8:06PM     
ckoeppel
So I went to HGs and target tonight and bought 3 rugs. The horizontal rug I love the feel of but my door won't close. I could get the smaller version 24x34 and put it in front of the shower but there isn't a matching smaller rug for in front of the sink. Let me know what you think.
July 21, 2014 at 10:34PM   
ckoeppel
The horizontal rug is available in a medium gray too.
July 21, 2014 at 10:34PM   
ckoeppel
Target had this rug and I really liked it. Is it too busy? I would lay it horizontally.
July 21, 2014 at 10:42PM     
ckoeppel
Here is the print again so you can see how the two look together.
July 21, 2014 at 10:43PM   
ckoeppel
HGs had this rug. The darker color is a grey brown.
July 21, 2014 at 10:46PM   
bluenan
I thought there was a good chance the door might need to be shortened with a horizontally placed rug...

I like the last example the best, it blends well with your floor tile and especially the tile mosaic above your sink, which I don't think can be discounted in the design equation. It is less busy and would be nice with cream, or a combo of cream and warm grey towels. It seems your bath has a decidedly warm color palette, I'm not sure you can put a cool grey rug in there and not have it fight.
July 22, 2014 at 6:14AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
armygirl1987
I still like white and the last one. Bed Bath has memory foams in all shapes and sizes check those out too.
July 22, 2014 at 7:00AM     
butlerclan8109
I really like the rug in the last pic best of all!
We step out of the shower onto terry cloth bathmats. We don't leave them on the floor. Prefer not having wet rugs on the floor! Maybe all you need is the rug in front of the sink?
Leave VERY NEGATIVE feedback on your eBay seller...that's awful!
July 22, 2014 at 8:12AM     
bluenan
Ebay should be able to do something for you, I feel bad, that was my suggestion, I think :(
July 22, 2014 at 8:35AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Well Bluenan, there's no way to know someone is going to be a jerk like that. That's eBay's job. It's not your fault at all!
July 22, 2014 at 9:13AM     
auntiebuzzybee
Ebay should make it right. CK, if you charged it, you can cancel charge and use your credit company on your side to refuse to do biz with them again.
July 22, 2014 at 9:16AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Do you have a tile mosaic over sink or somewhere? Is that the threshold there between bedroom and bath where you have last rugs down on floor?
July 22, 2014 at 9:19AM   
ckoeppel
Bluenan, don't feel bad about anything. You didn't suggest eBay, I found the sheets on there and went forward myself. I am quite surprised this happened because she had a ton of good reviews. Time will tell, but eBay has already called this morning to help remedy it. They are quite good with seller/buyer protection. BTW, do you like the floral sheets I already have with the bedding?

The tile above the sink is a problem for me in choosing anything. That tile is why I originally thought the orange color scheme might work, but I am glad I decided differently.

Auntie, there is tile above the sink. I don't really love it, but it's there and it is just a guest bathroom that will only be used a few times a year. It is better to design around it than to spend money on making it perfect for my taste. Yes, the threshold is between the bedroom and bath where the other rug is. That is why I "was" considering the grey/yellow paisley rug above.

Butlerclan8109 and Bluenan, the last rug is very cool looking in person. The colors are relaxing and I do think it would look nice with a combo of warm grey and ivory towels. The bedding has a twinge of grey beige in it too, so it will be a nice blend. I agree the grey rug will fight with the floor constantly.

I am taking all the rugs back and getting the last one. Hopefully it will still be there!

I want to get the room(s) sort of put together for this weekend. My daughter's girlfriend is getting married in August and has no parental involvement. We had her over for Thanksgiving last year and I have kind of taken on her "mom" role. I am throwing a shower for her this weekend and I want everything to look nice even if it isn't painted or all the way decorated. I can't thank all of you enough for your everlasting help! It has been so fun getting to know all of you and learning something new everyday! :)
July 22, 2014 at 9:36AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Oh no! We are not finished with you, Missy! A break for the weekend, ok but then....we do your den or something? ???
July 22, 2014 at 9:44AM     
auntiebuzzybee
I ADMIRE you being the Queen of Returns and you certainly have earned it. I am such a slouch.
July 22, 2014 at 9:46AM     
armygirl1987
Sounds like a plan.
July 22, 2014 at 9:58AM     
ckoeppel
Haha! Auntie! I do have a room off our foyer that has a closet that is supposed to be used as a bedroom. I can't imagine having a bedroom right there! I want to swap it out and make it sort of a formal sitting area or a sun room, not sure which yet. I have to finish this project first. The next thing I want to get done is the wall covering behind our bed and the wall covering on the ceiling in our hall guest bath. Trust me, I will need all of your help.

Being the Queen of Returns has its ups and downs. I burn a ton of gas running back and forth and I drive my husband wacko. He just doesn't understand my need to LOVE stuff before I keep it. I always tell him, "be careful, I just might return you!" LOL
July 22, 2014 at 10:01AM     
ckoeppel
Which sheet do you like best? The one on the right is what I have and the one on the left are the eBay wants that no longer exist but I can get elsewhere.
July 22, 2014 at 10:34AM   
glschisler
I agree with Butler. We just use the terry floor mats when showering. Otherwise the floor is bare. I do not like to see dirty bathroom rugs. Between people standing on them with shoes, hair & hair spray I just think they are dirt catchers. Like faux flowers being dust catchers. Less is more.
July 22, 2014 at 10:37AM     
auntiebuzzybee
CK, dont you think the ones on the right are closer match to the yellow and the big picture too? On my monitor which is my phone still. Now which ones are they? Lol! Is there one in the middle because I see one when my eyes are crossed! !!
July 22, 2014 at 10:45AM   
ckoeppel
The ones on the right do appear to be a closer match. It is hard to say without physically seeing the ones on the left. I am just going with the ones on the right. They are pretty.

What is your thought on the terry floor mat as opposed to rugs?
July 22, 2014 at 10:48AM   
bluenan
The ones on the right are my faves.
July 22, 2014 at 10:54AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
glschisler what do you do with the bath mat when it isn't in use or drying out? I don't think I want something hanging over the shower door?
July 22, 2014 at 10:55AM   
bluenan
Since this is a guest room I would leave the rugs on the floor and wash them when the guests leave, they will not get too dirty during a short visit, and will probably be walked on with bare feet. Wet rugs are the reason I don't ever use cotton rugs in the bathroom, they mat down, are like sponges for dirt and never dry out. I can't understand how they ever caught on, I use only synthetic, soft and quick to dry.
July 22, 2014 at 11:14AM     
ckoeppel
You always help Bluenan! Thank you!
July 22, 2014 at 11:42AM     
Sharon Bouchard
I agree with Bluenan, and the far right option is probably my favourite.
July 22, 2014 at 11:48AM     
ckoeppel
Weird but only one pillow came today. What do you think?
July 22, 2014 at 12:06PM     
bluenan
I like the darker backdrop, the welting looks great with the nailhead trim on the headboard. I think the grey tones will work well with the rug, also. How does it look in person?
July 22, 2014 at 12:13PM   
auntiebuzzybee
Do you have the shams and dust cover yet? Are "we" going to do a dust cover or leave exposed sideboard? They are upholstered, correct?
July 22, 2014 at 12:13PM   
auntiebuzzybee
WOW! THAT LOOKS GREAT!!! LOVE THE DARKNESS. Hope the second one coming is same dye lot. I feel a cuss word coming on!!!
July 22, 2014 at 12:17PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
It looks amazing! I love the darker grey and the welting really does compliment the nailhead trim. The yellow is real subtle. I love it!
July 22, 2014 at 12:24PM     
glschisler
We drape the terry bath rugs on the bath tub or another towel bar . They dry quickly, then I tri-fold them like a towel. No problems. Like they do in hotels.
July 22, 2014 at 12:32PM     
Dawson & Clinton
I'd have to say the third version with the orange accent, but I'm a sucker for color.
July 22, 2014 at 12:37PM     
studio10001
Welcome to Houzz, Dawson. When looking at dilemmas, the response total can give you good insight re. when an OP has moved beyond the initial question. ckoeppel is up to 600+, and is now working on small accent choices.
July 22, 2014 at 12:44PM     
auntiebuzzybee
So tactful I have to laugh!! Stop it!!! Studio! Lol lol lol!!!
July 22, 2014 at 1:03PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Hey ghost, come to Nashville with me!
July 22, 2014 at 1:04PM     
studio10001
In spirit? Of course!
July 22, 2014 at 1:17PM     
armygirl1987
As an FYI, I love the orange accent. LOL
July 22, 2014 at 3:35PM     
armygirl1987
I am with glschisler and bluenan and I would not put too much effort in a rug in the room that is the guest room.
July 22, 2014 at 3:37PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I bought the rugs and I like them. I took a couple of pics so you could see how it blends with the bedroom.
July 22, 2014 at 3:40PM   
ckoeppel
I need to move the area rug in the bedroom back under the bed more. The bed was so heavy lifting I will have to wait for help.
July 22, 2014 at 3:43PM   
ckoeppel
Do you think the colors are right in the rug with all the grey and yellow?
July 22, 2014 at 3:44PM   
ckoeppel
I am still hung up on this rug for some reason.
July 22, 2014 at 3:49PM     
armygirl1987
If you like me the only way you will get it out of your head is to get it and put it in the room. I like the current rug. I am not feeling the gray in the other rug.
July 22, 2014 at 3:59PM   
butlerclan8109
I love the rug you bought! All your colors, and it blends with your bathroom tile floor! I vote for this one! The "wilder" one seems a bit too busy to me. It is a pretty rug, but the other has my vote!
July 22, 2014 at 4:08PM     
ckoeppel
I like it too just not sure I am in love with it. I kind of think a plain plush white rug like the one above only in a smaller version running horizontally. Not sure yet and I agree about the grey.
July 22, 2014 at 4:10PM   
ckoeppel
Butlerclan8109 plus it has the Moroccan thing going on.
July 22, 2014 at 4:12PM     
ckoeppel
I wish the tile behind the sink was a different color. But nothing I can or want to do about it.
July 22, 2014 at 4:16PM   
armygirl1987
It is a guest room. Honestly how often will you use it. LOL
July 22, 2014 at 4:20PM     
bluenan
The Moroccan rug looks really good in the bathroom, the colors are so complimentary, but could it be that you're not loving the way it looks from the bedroom? The bright crisp look of the white might suit you better when viewing the bath from the bedroom.
July 22, 2014 at 4:37PM   
ckoeppel
That's what it is looking from the bedroom. I need to stare at them for a few days. Lol
July 22, 2014 at 4:44PM     
ckoeppel
I bought a bright white rug and that busy grey one. Taking both back and sticking with the Moroccan ones. They are really cute and match well. I saw some beautiful towels. They were light grey with a Moroccan outline in pale yellow. Would that be too much Moroccan with the rugs? They also had a dark grey and yellow paisley towel that was nice.
July 22, 2014 at 6:43PM     
bluenan
It would depend on which set of towels has the best color match with the rug and picture, either pattern sounds good. I don't think Moroccan towels would be too much with the rug.
July 22, 2014 at 6:49PM     
butlerclan8109
Not sure about "too much Moroccan" but I'm thinking it's fine. Any pics of the towels? Towels with colors/patterns seem more inviting than stark white!
July 22, 2014 at 6:56PM   
auntiebuzzybee
One of those couple of days that I stepped out, I must have missed these bathroom tiles that keep coming up : / Can I see what it is that's a thorn?
July 22, 2014 at 7:59PM   
auntiebuzzybee
There are the yellow Moroccan towels you showed before. I do like that gray one with design ( I think I do! Lol!) But the ones you have purchased are a nice carry over from your mirror panels.
July 22, 2014 at 8:02PM     
ckoeppel
I have the drapery panels that match the duvet. They are so pretty! I have decided to hang them on an espresso colored rod to that color in on the window wall. The prints are framed espresso and so are the campaign tables.

I found this rod on Overstock: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Adjustable-Curtain-Rod-Set-with-Luna-Finial/5302902/product.html

Reading the reviews, the finial looks white or clear, but it is actually a clear popcorn color. That might work in my space don't you think?
July 22, 2014 at 9:27PM     
ckoeppel
Here are the towels I mentioned.
July 22, 2014 at 9:33PM   
ckoeppel
Auntie, the tile is in the upper right hand corner of the pic.
July 22, 2014 at 9:37PM   
ckoeppel
I think I know what it is that is holding me back from loving the rugs. I love the Moroccan design and I love the shade of pale yellow. I think it is the color forming the Moroccan design that bothers me. I believe it looks more brown than grey or greyish brown.
July 22, 2014 at 9:46PM   
butlerclan8109
I took pics to see the Moroccan rugs and towels next to each other. I like the look together!
July 22, 2014 at 11:14PM   
bluenan
Yes, the Moroccan rugs are a warmer color, that's why they compliment the bath so well. That's the reason I thought you weren't liking the view from the bedroom which runs to a cooler grey. You could try white rugs with either patterned towel, they both contain white, and see if you like that better. I don't think either of the patterned towels will work with the Moroccan rug, you'll probably need a cream or off-white.
July 23, 2014 at 7:01AM     
ckoeppel
HGs has a rug that is white with one yellow stripe on each end. What do you think about that?
July 23, 2014 at 7:15AM   
ckoeppel
I could probably use towels with this shade of grey and cream.
July 23, 2014 at 7:35AM   
ckoeppel
And even the white and cream.
July 23, 2014 at 7:35AM   
butlerclan8109
How about the Moroccan towels with the white rug with yellow striped sides?
July 23, 2014 at 9:26AM     
ckoeppel
Butlerclan8109, I am going to HGs AGAIN today and see if they still have those to try. I am starting to make more out out of the rugs/towels than need be. I just need to select one and love it.
July 23, 2014 at 10:15AM   
ckoeppel
So what are your thoughts on these rugs and towels? The swirls in the second rug are a champagne color. If I chose the Moroccan rug would a small white rug to put in front of the sink work?
July 23, 2014 at 11:21AM     
bluenan
I don't think I'd mix rugs in a small space. Maybe I'm too practical, but a white towel with a border is impossible to bleach if a guest cuts themselves shaving or gets makeup on a towel when washing up.
July 23, 2014 at 11:31AM     
butlerclan8109
I wouldn't mix rugs, either. I love the Moroccan rug from yesterday. The Moroccan rug from today is pretty, too. The 1st one blends beautifully with the floor tile. I don't think I'd use grey as the main color for the bathroom...it needs the warmer yellows and tans/beiges. Maybe a khaki to pick up the color in the Rug. As a guest, I would not want to use crisp white towels...

I wouldn't worry too much about the look of the bathroom from the bedroom, and vice a versa. Prefer to leave the bathroom door closed, anyway.
July 23, 2014 at 3:43PM     
ckoeppel
I went to BBB to look at the Moroccan rug I posted today. One word...U.G.L.Y!

I stopped by HGs and picked up two more rugs. I have made my last rug trip once I decide!

Anyway, I bought the two white rugs with yellow striped ends and two white memory foam rugs. The yellow in the first two rugs matches the ruffled pillow on the bed. Let me know if you like either of these better than the Moroccan ones I posted yesterday. Thank you!
July 23, 2014 at 5:21PM   
armygirl1987
Can you take a better pic of the bathroom? I would like to see more of the room.
July 23, 2014 at 5:42PM   
butlerclan8109
I know this bathroom is not used very much, but white seems to just attract dirt. The foam mats are a dime a dozen. You're Moroccan rug makes a fashion statement that adds to your guest areas!

You've put lots of time and effort into making this a haven for your guests. They will love spending time with you in your beautiful home!
July 23, 2014 at 6:40PM     
ckoeppel
Sure
July 23, 2014 at 6:42PM   
ckoeppel
Thank you! I have decided to keep the Moroccan rugs. My husband and daughters all like them. I am getting closer to loving them.
July 23, 2014 at 6:47PM     
bluenan
I still like the Moroccan rugs the best for the bath. How do they look with the art you picked, are the stems in the picture a similar grey brown? Maybe towels that are either a dark warm grey or a cream.
July 23, 2014 at 6:52PM   
bluenan
Crossed post, glad they liked them! I think cream for the towels after seeing more of the wall and vanity tile.
July 23, 2014 at 6:54PM   
ckoeppel
I think it will all come together once I have the print. Never thought about the stems but they will tie in with the rugs in nicely. Next question...I intend to paint the bedroom some sort of shade of grey. Do I paint the bathroom, too, and if so the same color or different? Right now both rooms are painted contractor beige.
July 23, 2014 at 7:27PM   
armygirl1987
Awesome sauce.
July 23, 2014 at 8:24PM   
auntiebuzzybee
I was wondering when you were going to talk about painting the bathroom, LOL! Not to say that it needs it or doesn't but I did wonder if that might help to tie together the beiges and the grays. Did you consider that towel above on the chair in the stack, there is one that seems to be chocolate brown, gray and creamy white? I take it you did not like the golden sunflower color moroccan rug from above? picture was pretty. You never know. Did you hear anything back on the eBay ordeal? Heading to bed. Have monster garage sale at friend's house starting in the morning.
July 23, 2014 at 10:09PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Army, I have tried several times to email you tonight but "undeliverable". Phone crashed several times today taking photos. Will try again tomorrow. Won't go through with desktop either. aaargh! Sorry for interrupting the thread!
July 23, 2014 at 10:29PM   
bluenan
I would pick the best color for the bedroom and then choose the color for the bath. It might be hard to find a grey that compliments the bath and you shouldn't compromise the bedroom for the bath. You might even find a soft yellow works for the bath if that's something you would ever consider. The second example shows a grey bedroom and yellow bath.
82 Madison Ave. Toronto Cottage Yellow Bath
July 24, 2014 at 7:39AM     
ckoeppel
Good idea!
July 24, 2014 at 7:45AM   
LA Furniture Store
beige looks great
July 24, 2014 at 9:22AM     
butlerclan8109
For the bedroom maybe a champagne color? For the bathroom, I would lean toward a beige/khaki/tan shade. Yellow is beautiful though! I've had colors, accent walls, and have used paint techniques. I'm now bringing everything back to the neutrals. So easy to change things up with accents, but changing wall color is so involved!
July 24, 2014 at 11:40AM     
butlerclan8109
July 24, 2014 at 11:40AM   
ckoeppel
So I went to HGs today to return something and just had to look at rugs. Bought two. What do you think? The first one is pale yellow and grey/beige. The second is a brighter yellow and grey/beige.
July 25, 2014 at 10:57PM   
ckoeppel
I will take more pics tomorrow in the daylight. The grey/beige matches the darker tiles above the sink.
July 25, 2014 at 10:58PM   
ckoeppel
Better pics
July 26, 2014 at 7:36AM   
butlerclan8109
I like these two! Depends on if you're going for vibrant (left) or more subdued (right). It might be easier to coordinate towels with the Moroccan? Which color holds you back from the Moroccan? Is it that the darker color is more brown than grey?
July 26, 2014 at 7:39AM   
ckoeppel
Honestly I love the Moroccan but coordinating towels is what I am struggling with. I know I can use white or cream towels, but I was hoping to pull in color. I bought dark grey towels to use with the Moroccan rug and they looked terrible. Grey just doesn't work with the tile above the sink. I suppose I could leave the color pull-in to the paint. The second rug above is more subdued but the design is quite different. I will probably stick with the Moroccan. I still have the artwork to pull in color. I should have never looked at rugs yesterday!
July 26, 2014 at 8:09AM     
studio10001
Maybe I can help put your mind to rest - small baths should have restrained palettes. The more colour you add here, the more cramped - and cheap -the room looks, so neutral towels are preferable w the Moroccan. Your artwork brings the yellow through,and that is all you need to reference the bedroom's colour accents.
July 26, 2014 at 9:36AM     
bluenan
I still like the Moroccan rug, softer and still the best compliment. The pattern on the rug on the left always reminds me of, dare I say.....lady parts! Lol!
July 26, 2014 at 10:24AM     
ckoeppel
LOL it does!
July 26, 2014 at 11:13AM     
auntiebuzzybee
Bluenan, like this? (All CK has to do is return hers!!! Lol!!!) http://www.houzz.com/discussions/983033/Help-me-identify-these-odd-wall-fixtures
July 26, 2014 at 8:26PM     
ckoeppel
O.M.G. too funny!
July 26, 2014 at 11:37PM     
soto01
Love that thread. Thanks Auntiebuzzybee for the good laugh....
July 27, 2014 at 5:31AM     
bluenan
Lol!
July 27, 2014 at 9:42AM     
armygirl1987
What studio said. Lol. Go with your gut.
July 27, 2014 at 10:20AM     
ckoeppel
I bought an ivory blanket today and three different towels. Which do you like best with the Moroccan rug?
July 28, 2014 at 6:53PM   
ckoeppel
The white towel is lined with dark grey.
July 28, 2014 at 6:56PM   
bluenan
It's hard to tell, not seeing the whole bath and the view from the bedroom. Is there one that really grabs you? I think from the pictures that I like the white towel the least and the solid pale buttercream the best.
July 28, 2014 at 7:07PM     
ckoeppel
The one in the middle?
July 28, 2014 at 7:09PM     
butlerclan8109
I like the one in the middle of the pic on the right!
July 28, 2014 at 7:48PM     
butlerclan8109
The solid lighter color, too. Least favorite is the whiter one (but I love the accent color with the Moroccan)!
July 28, 2014 at 7:50PM     
armygirl1987
I need to see more of the room. Didn't you have another yellow?
July 28, 2014 at 7:51PM   
ckoeppel
Army I did. They were yellow towels with a Moroccan print but I returned them because I wanted to decide on the rugs first. I am sticking with the Moroccan rugs so now I feel comfortable choosing towels.
July 28, 2014 at 8:40PM   
auntiebuzzybee
I suppose I..yes...I..uhh...ok ok, the one in the middle in the right picture...there, I committed! Heeeyyy there CK! : ) still love my fowl lady with pearls and tiara. She knows a thing about BLING and classics . Pearls always...cant go wrong unless your neck is thicker than it is long. This is not her problem. She's perfect.
July 28, 2014 at 9:29PM     
auntiebuzzybee
I really do want her!
July 28, 2014 at 9:30PM   
butlerclan8109
Auntie...she's called Fowl with Pearls by Michael Sowa. I don't know how to make a link, but go to HOUZZ/All Products/Accessories & Decor/Artwork.
July 29, 2014 at 5:23AM   
auntiebuzzybee
Thanks, butler. I think Found her on art.com. I currently have no place left to hang her. I'd have to move the pieces I have. Its probably not possible but...isn't she great? My mouth turns down on the corners just like that!
July 29, 2014 at 6:15AM     
bluenan
I meant the one in the middle of the first picture, the lightest, softest looking towel. From the picture it looks more yellow, less beige and similar to the color in the comforter. It also looks less rough and more like a nice soft bath towel, less like a hand towel.
July 29, 2014 at 7:42AM     
ckoeppel
Here are the two towels next to the duvet.
July 29, 2014 at 8:06AM   
bluenan
I can't see too well, but I still like the lighter, softer towel. It also seems more sumptuous, and that's the feeling I get from the bedroom.
July 29, 2014 at 8:10AM     
auntiebuzzybee
The right
July 29, 2014 at 8:11AM   
ckoeppel
The one on the left looks like a dish towel in the room. It's going back along with the white ones! LOL
July 29, 2014 at 8:50AM     
bluenan
Exactly!
July 29, 2014 at 10:09AM     
butlerclan8109
The brighter towel looks nice with the duvet!
July 29, 2014 at 12:41PM     
ckoeppel
My other pillows finally arrived. We also hung the mirrors and prints for the bridal shower this past weekend. I also put on the bed skirt and my chandelier arrived today!
July 29, 2014 at 12:54PM   
ckoeppel
Looking at the art, do you think they work side by side or should they go on top of one another? The ceilings are only 8 foot and the art is 24 inches square. Will there be enough room to stack the art? I am thinking no, but could be wrong.
July 29, 2014 at 1:28PM   
butlerclan8109
Don't think you should stack the art. But, you could stagger them! One a little higher than the other...maybe 1/2 the height of the frame?

Everything looks amazing!
July 29, 2014 at 2:47PM   
bluenan
The room looks soooo pretty and worth all of the shopping and returning, and shopping and returning....The attention to detail is very apparent. Good job ckoeppel! I'm also not sure you have the height to stack the pictures, they would need to be hung so that the top is no higher than just above the top of the mirror. Here are some examples of low stacked pictures. If you're going to paint it might be worth trying a stacked configuration, it could look good.
Nantucket, Ma. Point Piper - Art Deco Inspired Sunnybrook Mediterranean Energy House Montlake Capri Palace Hotel, Anacapri - Italy
July 29, 2014 at 3:29PM   
auntiebuzzybee
Bluenan, you are SUPER! Consistently super. I've admired your comments here.
July 29, 2014 at 3:49PM     
bluenan
Oh, thank you auntie, that's sweet!
July 29, 2014 at 3:52PM     
ckoeppel
Bluenan is amazing Auntie! And thank you Bluenan...this room has been fun but is seriously wearing me out! Given your suggestion about the art, I am going to check to see if I have the space. If I do, then the time to make the change is when we paint. Can't wait for that!
July 29, 2014 at 4:58PM     
bluenan
Oh stop you guys, I'm blushing! Yes, ckoeppel, you need a break!
July 29, 2014 at 5:00PM     
ckoeppel
So I ordered these towels in buttercream. I got 3 towels, three hand towels, and three wash cloths for $44 regularly $96 plus free shipping. I am going to compare quality to the ones I have. For some reason I feel like the HGs towels are cheap.
http://m.homedecorators.com/h5/pdp?path=%2FP%2FHome_Decorators_Collection_Hotel_Towels%2F440%2F
July 29, 2014 at 5:28PM   
auntiebuzzybee
Those look very nice but the proof is in feeling it for me. I'm a picky textural person. (Shrug) I dont know why but that will definitely make or break it for me. You sound a bit that way in that you said the others ones seemed cheap. I'll skimp and save til I can get better. There's just something wrong with fabrics that literally get hard. Have you ever encountered that? Actually CK, do you visit Costco ever? Ive not walked that warehouse in quite a while but I recall they always had very nice bath blankets and towels. Dont know why I would remember that...must have made an impression back then. Would be worth dropping in if you're nearby on one of your outings.

I do like good spa waffle towels but they have to have some luxury to them. Yhen yhey look sharp. Usually being white adds to that.

Bluenan, what if...IF CK put art above headboard as in inspiration pic. Of course that end of the room has greater weight so I'd imagine something would be needed to balance and shift the eyes on that wall but could be getting crowded.Thoughts?
The draperies will be somewhat balancing with the window and window treatment.
Where in the room were you contemplating a settee, CK?
July 29, 2014 at 6:52PM   
ckoeppel
In front of the window. Do I only need one print on that wall?
July 29, 2014 at 6:55PM   
auntiebuzzybee
CK, darlin', you have keft no stone unturned. I don't know how youll ever keep up with return receipts!!! You have FROM THE BEGINNING had a vision and motivation AND excellent taste. Your photoshop and pics have been so very helpful. Yes, you should certainly put your business out there because it would be a valuable service, no doubt about it. Hats off to you for a gogeous room that I know you will still play with. Try not to. Take a break!!! And enjoy the shower and celebration this weekend. That's very sweet of you. She will always remember your care and nurturing. (You have been ready for this break for awhile now as I look back at old comments. Take it this special time.
July 29, 2014 at 7:04PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
I suppose the HGs towels won't be used too often and they do have texture. It's hard to tell their quality. They look thick but when you hold them they feel very light weight. They are 100% cotton.
July 29, 2014 at 7:05PM   
ckoeppel
Thank you Auntie! The shower was Sunday and it was a success. I am trying to relax this week because we have another eventful weekend this week. I really appreciate your comments. It warms my heart to know people as kind as you and everyone involved in this discussion. I am SO grateful for all the help. I can't believe how many comments this discussion has!
July 29, 2014 at 7:09PM     
bluenan
I think the prints are too large for over the bed, the mirrors will look dwarfed. I had thought about using just one print next to the bed, they are larger than I originally thought.
Sometimes towels will fluff up after washing. I stay away from any that have a looser loop weave, they tend to snag.
CK, it seems like you have been on a decorating marathon. I remember your office, and wasn't there another room, and now the guest room. You do deserve a break from decision making and time to just sit back and enjoy your hard work.
July 29, 2014 at 7:23PM     
ckoeppel
Bluenan, yes you are right! And you helped me with all of it! :) Are you a pro? If not, you should be! You just always know the right thing to suggest!
July 29, 2014 at 7:30PM   
ckoeppel
Bluenan, so are the towels I ordered a loose loop weave? If so, I agree they won't work for me. I despise a towel that snags easily.
July 29, 2014 at 8:35PM   
auntiebuzzybee
You've done two other rooms before this one??? Neat! Can I have a peek at them? ( heading to bed now though at 1:30AM)
July 29, 2014 at 10:28PM   
ckoeppel
Auntie I will post pictures later or I can link you to tge discussions.
July 30, 2014 at 7:01AM     
auntiebuzzybee
Either one. Thank you!
July 30, 2014 at 7:16AM   
ckoeppel
Here is the discussion on my dining room. I will post a picture of it once I get my buffet lamp and chocolate silk drapery panels hung.
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/623675/Formal-Dining-Room-Redesign
July 30, 2014 at 7:35AM   
ckoeppel
I have attached photos of our family room. The first pic is what it looked like when we bought the house. The second pic is the one after redecorating and what was used in the discussion. The next photos were taken today. It is super sunny today so it is hard too see. Keep in mind I am hanging drapery panels and moving the cable box.
July 30, 2014 at 7:55AM   
soto01
Lovely home CK! Great job on the decor....
July 30, 2014 at 8:02AM     
ckoeppel
The attached pictures are my office. The first pic is what it looked like when we bought the house. The next three were taken today. Again, it is super sunny so I closed the blinds. I plan to put a black lateral file cabinet under the off-white wall art and I am buying a bobbin style chair from Z Gallerie in chalk with a side table. Another work in progress! My bookcase is cluttered with files so excuse that mess! You can't really see but the ceiling is grey.
July 30, 2014 at 8:06AM   
bluenan
I don't know about the towels, CK, couldn't tell from the pictures about the weave, I was just throwing that out there from my experience.
No, I'm not a pro, I have an artistic bent and a good eye, a degree in Art Ed. and years of adventures in self-taught design. I love that Houzz lets me have another creative outlet. Thanks for the compliment! :)
July 30, 2014 at 8:13AM     
bluenan
Wow, CK, so great to see all of those pictures, everything is just gorgeous!
July 30, 2014 at 8:15AM     
ckoeppel
Attached are pics of our other spare bedroom. The first pic is what it looked like when we bought the house. The next photos were taken today. This room was decorated before I found all of you! Not the best, but the furniture belongs to my oldest daughter who has moved out and she won't let us part with it. She is 27 and the furniture was an 8th grade graduation present. She loves it so that's all that matters!
July 30, 2014 at 8:16AM   
ckoeppel
Here is our master bath. The first pic is what it looked like when we bought the house. The next two are pics today. The last photo is a close-up of the wallcovering used above the window bench.
July 30, 2014 at 8:25AM   
ckoeppel
And my new pendant above the tub. Go figure, BLING!
July 30, 2014 at 8:28AM   
bluenan
You're a good mom for keeping your daughter's furniture in a room just for her, even as adults we can find comfort, nostalgia and security in the familiar.
Your home is really beautiful, how long have you been there?
July 30, 2014 at 8:47AM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Thank you, Bluenan! I completely agree about my daughter's room. She is super sentimental and it is important to her. We bought our house in Dec 2012. We paid $585,000. We just had an appraisal done last week. It came in at $717,000! Talk about appreciation! The economy out here is crazy good...thank goodness! Thank you for your compliment on the house. It is important to me to make a house a home and I am getting there.
July 30, 2014 at 8:55AM     
ckoeppel
What do you think about this color for towels in our new spare bedroom?
http://www.frontgate.com/resort-cotton-towels/155771
July 30, 2014 at 11:43AM     
bluenan
Very pretty!
July 30, 2014 at 1:26PM     
ckoeppel
So Bluenan, do you think the Frontgate towels above might be the best color for the bathroom? It appears to be a pale yellow color which might look nice. Also, I would get two bath towels, two hand towels, and two wash cloths. Do you think that is a good number to get the room started?
July 30, 2014 at 3:25PM     
bluenan
The color looks nice in the picture. I liked the color of the lightest towels with the rug, these appear a bit darker, but a pretty yellow. Do you have a Macy's or another store nearby where you can see the color and quality in person, and possibly take the rug with you? I wonder if the color you choose for the bathroom paint will have an impact on the best towel color. I hate to think you will have to pay shipping and return shipping if you change your mind....and that has been known to happen:)
July 30, 2014 at 3:45PM   
ckoeppel
We do have a Macy's, but the yellow towels are from Frontgate. I am getting free shipping so the return is the same. I thought about the paint color and not sure what it will do to the towel color. I know if I paint any shade of yellow the yellow towels won't work. I like the first towels, too, but I think I am hung up on quality. I am just not sure about that and I don't want to buy cheap stuff that won't last just for a certain look. Hmmm.....I need to think about this more!
July 30, 2014 at 4:12PM   
ckoeppel
I suppose the first set of towels would go with any color of paint. I just called Frontgate and the rep looked at the towels for a true color. She said the yellow is more of a butter colored yellow. Probably similar to the sheets I have on the bed.
July 30, 2014 at 4:14PM   
ckoeppel
Also what about these towels? They are ivory.
July 31, 2014 at 9:40AM   
auntiebuzzybee
I like the knob spa texture of the middle ones, CK.
July 31, 2014 at 12:03PM     
ckoeppel
Auntie do you like the ivory or the daybreak color up above best?
July 31, 2014 at 12:06PM   
bluenan
Nice wall colors....The ivory towels will be more versatile with wall colors as long as they are about the same tone as the lightest shades of the rug. If they are much brighter than the rug it may make the rug look dingy or a bit dirty.
July 31, 2014 at 12:13PM     
auntiebuzzybee
First off, I think the paint colour of the bedroom will dictate which direction you go with your bathroom paint. Secondly, if you choose a yellow paint, then you probably will not want yellow towels if solid. Thirdly, whoa, thats going to be very strong yellow. Imagine it on alleles and muuuuch bigger, reflecting back onto itself in the corners and with the mirror. Surprisingly, pick a colour you wouldnt ordinarily call yellow from the white paint swatches. A very pale yellow in the white grid. Then you could have a pretty yellow by the time its all put on the wall. I'd give that a look see unless painting bed and bath the same colour.
My kitchen turned out way too yellow and its hard to think I'd say "too much yellow".
Another thing...I think you can paint tile...pretty darn sure so if the vanity tile is a thorn in your side, you could paint over it using the correct procedures. I don't know what they are though.

Thank you for sharing the photos of your home. Yiu have succeeded in every way. I can only imagine all that you went through on those rooms. I did get some of your dining discussion read but I'm far from over.

Final question for now? You dont really live near Seattle do you? All the people claiming how dreary it is needs to come stand in front of your house and bring their sunscreen. See, told you I could easily (want) to live there. That bright sunny day is looking good for Seattle!
July 31, 2014 at 12:33PM     
auntiebuzzybee
CK, I think it depends on wall color. If the paint was pale enough you could use the yellow as long as they complimented it other and played nicely. I think it would go nicely with your artdecor. How do they look with the rug? Did you get one or two smaller rugs? I do like the ivory very much. BTW, I always get a few extra wash clothes and hand towels. They are the ones mostly likely to be wet all day and smell and then make up on the washclothes I can never get out so I turn them into rags in no time. But thats a regular traffic pattern through there every day.. Plan on replacing them before you have any wear on your bath towels. That's just me : }
I want to go back and check out your lighting in a bit.
July 31, 2014 at 12:51PM     
ckoeppel
I would like to paint both rooms the same color, but that dumb tile is getting in the way of using any sort of grey,
July 31, 2014 at 12:58PM   
ckoeppel
If I picked sort of a grey/beige or stone color like this one I think it would work in both the bath and bedroom.
http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/color/58936_Martha-Stewart-H04-Stone
July 31, 2014 at 1:03PM   
ckoeppel
So I added the above stone color behind the bed. I think this color would match the tile too.
July 31, 2014 at 1:14PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Yes I like that. Do you have room for another print in your bathroom?
July 31, 2014 at 1:26PM   
ckoeppel
No, it is really small.
July 31, 2014 at 1:27PM   
ckoeppel
I really like that print!
July 31, 2014 at 1:50PM   
ckoeppel
Here are three complimentary colors. I added the indian river behind the bed, the summer harvest above the tile, and I figured the clinton brown color would be pulled from the espresso campaign tables, frames, and curtain rod. What do you think?
July 31, 2014 at 1:52PM   
ckoeppel
I do have room for that print on the wall to the right of the sink. I have added both prints to the pic above.
July 31, 2014 at 1:59PM   
ckoeppel
I think I LOVE that ^^^
July 31, 2014 at 2:02PM     
ckoeppel
With a snippet of the rug, the ivory towels to the left, and the buttercream towels to the right.
July 31, 2014 at 2:17PM   
auntiebuzzybee
I was trying to find something that might harmonize the tile back splash and so the beak...I can keep looking. Actually that is only 6"x8". Then you mat and frame as much or little as you like. It's sort of a boring picture to me but I guess i could say," maybe it gets the job done". I'm still holding out on my final choice on towels til I know what you are doing with paint. They sure look more subdued in the "combo pack" you showed as opposed to the earlier photo where they looked much deeper and brighter. Here, there's only very slight difference to me. I would be inclined right now to go with the right one, I believe that is the butter cream. I am not seeing your light fixture in the bath at all. The vanity faucet is very nice. I think you should consider framing your mirror (later on). So, I have an entire Behr Color Deck given to me from HD. When I dwnload the colours from Behr, they look nothing like the paper deck I have. nonetheless, I have some paint choices just to see how you sway. I should download the color I used that is too much ( IMHO)... AIN'T THIS FUN??? Here's some of the PURDY colors...YOU READY? (NO PEEKING!...oh yeah, the room isn't finished yet!)
July 31, 2014 at 2:45PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Some more:
July 31, 2014 at 2:47PM   
ckoeppel
I think the first four are nice colors.
July 31, 2014 at 2:52PM   
joancuneo
My Favorite is the 3rd one with the orange, 2nd is the middle one. Is it for a couple? Man & a woman? Or 2men or 2 women?
July 31, 2014 at 2:54PM   
ckoeppel
joancuneo, I have selected the middle one, grey and yellow. I am not trying to decide on paint colors. It is just a guest room, so it could be both man or woman.
July 31, 2014 at 2:56PM   
auntiebuzzybee
of course i couldn't even do them in order. I missed one....hmmm....this is when I need children...huff!
July 31, 2014 at 2:57PM     
July 31, 2014 at 3:02PM   
auntiebuzzybee
Did you try putting that Farrow and Ball colour Mouse Back that was recommended above with everything? Very dynamic.
July 31, 2014 at 3:08PM   
ckoeppel
Here is blagdon yellow and weimaraner
July 31, 2014 at 3:12PM   
ckoeppel
No about the Farrow and Ball colour Mouse Back but I am going to try.
July 31, 2014 at 3:12PM   
auntiebuzzybee
the more I look at the Indian River and summer harvest, the more I like it. I didn't see any brown anywhere. That Martha Stewart stone is pretty too. You got this, lady! You are good, I keep trying to tell you! : )
July 31, 2014 at 3:26PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
If you click on the two paint swatches (Indian River and Summer Harvest) you will see the brown. Here is the Farrow and Ball colour Mouse Back with off-white.
July 31, 2014 at 3:31PM   
ckoeppel
Here is the Indian River and Summer Harvest with the prints, towels, and rug.
July 31, 2014 at 3:36PM   
auntiebuzzybee
How do the mirrors look with the paints you like?
July 31, 2014 at 3:40PM   
ckoeppel
Here are the mirrors with the Indian River and Summer Harvest.
July 31, 2014 at 3:53PM   
ckoeppel
Here is the blagdon yellow and weimaraner with the mirrors
July 31, 2014 at 3:55PM   
ckoeppel
This is the one I am favoring. Summer Harvest and Mouse Back.
July 31, 2014 at 4:00PM     
ckoeppel
Here is the Martha Stewart up above and BM Dunmore Yellow -- it is like a pale pommery mustard.
July 31, 2014 at 4:42PM   
ckoeppel
Here is the Martha Stewart and Blagdan Yellow -- a yellow khaki chameleon that takes on different hues informed by the slightest cast of daylight.
July 31, 2014 at 4:46PM     
ckoeppel
I think the bedroom print stands out more with the lighter shade of stone/grey.
July 31, 2014 at 4:47PM   
studio10001
Me,too ( SH and MB). F+B is a beautiful, but pricey brand, so you may prefer colour matching the Mouse Back shade. You have probably heard this on other threads, but take fabric samples to the paint store to be more certain of your choices, and paint sample boards at home, so you can check colours w your new lighting. (Blagdon looks interesting on m screen,too.)
July 31, 2014 at 4:52PM     
studio10001
Stands out more in reality, or on the computer screen?
July 31, 2014 at 4:56PM   
ckoeppel
Both I believe
July 31, 2014 at 5:22PM     
butlerclan8109
Martha Stewart (Stone?) and Blagdon Yellow bring out all your colors AND blend together beautifully!
July 31, 2014 at 6:50PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Try two favorite yellow paints in the bathroom against tile, floor and vanity, please. That's the plan, right? Grey in bedroom and yellow in bathroom? Just checking!! : ) am I getting confused? Yes, its very easy to. I have to be careful!!! WARNING! My ears have smoke coming out if them due to circuit overload. !!! Ha ha!
July 31, 2014 at 7:16PM     
bluenan
It's really impossible to tell via computer, you will have to try samples. The Mouse's Back seems too close to the color of your headboard, I think I'd prefer one of the lighter choices.
July 31, 2014 at 8:06PM     
auntiebuzzybee
I think number 4. Martha Stewart and the Blagdan yellow. I think that one.
July 31, 2014 at 8:51PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Hey CK! Funny thing I opened a Pottery Barn catalogue on my desk and look at what I saw!
August 2, 2014 at 2:05PM     
ckoeppel
So pretty! I hung my print in the bathroom today and picked out some paint samples. Not sure I love the samples but I do love my print!
August 2, 2014 at 4:50PM     
ckoeppel
More pics
August 2, 2014 at 4:55PM   
ckoeppel
I think the greyish color has too much purple in it and it is too close to the headboard color. This paint isn't any of the swatches above. We were Home Depot and I just picked them up without having the sham with me.
August 2, 2014 at 4:57PM     
ckoeppel
Here is an oddball question. When it comes to bathroom accessories would you put a tumbler in the guest bathroom to use for brushing teeth? I found a matching wastecan and tumbler plus I can order other stuff. Just didn't know if that was out of the norm. If not what accessories would you recommend?
August 5, 2014 at 7:18PM   
auntiebuzzybee
There are the clear bedside tumblers with water pitcher that are attractive. I think they come with a saucer to turn tumbler upside down on. I think I'd get something like that. Let me try to find one for you.
August 5, 2014 at 7:40PM   
auntiebuzzybee
http://www.pinterest.com/cetee/bedside-carafes/

Take a look at these. Actually I need a new one bc mine is chipped on carafe. I put mouthwash in the carafe. Mine has a top on the carafe. Then the tumbler....it doesn't look match match, actually functions for both purposes and doesn't end up looking like a toothbrush holder. What do ya think?
August 5, 2014 at 7:55PM     
auntiebuzzybee
Did you get the bright yellow birdie print?
August 5, 2014 at 8:13PM   
bluenan
I always give my guests a glass to use, if you found one that matches, I think it would be great. I'd never give a guest the means to pour water over my bedside table, drinking glass for the bathroom only.
August 5, 2014 at 8:49PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
auntiebuzzybee
Yes, my idea was to use it in the bathroom with mouthwash in the carafe...but I don't suppose I'd want watermarks on my furniture. I don't give people the credit I used to!!! Ha ha! I do still get mortified at how people are with even their own stuff! !! They didnt have my mama obviously.
August 5, 2014 at 9:07PM     
armygirl1987
I agree with bluenan as I got one when I did my room and clumsy self at night broke the top of the carafe and now it has no top.
August 5, 2014 at 11:31PM   
Joanne Maurer
I like the second one with the blue.
August 10, 2014 at 7:30PM   
Most hideous gift you've received for your house?
Friends and family always have the best intentions,...
Circle stains on my new quartzite!
Picture doesn't really do it justice but my new quartzite...
Kitchen Remodel
I plan to update my kitchen with new appliances, sink,...
I Need Help Designing My Bedroom
I'm a military child and we are buying a new house...
Declutter Challenge! - August 2014
I don't know about you, but I have several areas in...