Hallway Color
aking646
We are putting in new flooring.. Blacksburg Barnboard and I have a chance to paint our walls. The downstairs wall go up to the 2nd floor and I don't want to paint the banister and rails. The stair steps will be the same flooring with white risers. Any suggestions?
Wonderful Windows and Siding
Hello,

You could do so much! Are you wanting more neutral or would you like bold?

-Wonderful Windows and Siding
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 8:11AM
aking646
Not dark red or purple but I am sick of beige.
1 Like   June 19, 2014 at 9:04AM
aking646
Anyone please? I need to make a fast decision. I need to paint this weekend
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 11:02PM
The gold undertones in that wood are gorgeous. Try this fresh neutral spring green - dune grass . . .http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/dunegrass
it has enough yellow in it to resonate with the warm wood, it will look great with the white trim that is left and keep a lot of light flowing in the hall. Try bm georgian green in an existing downstairs room if you want to carry some of the tone through the public spaces. May I suggest that you organize all the small artistic elements sprinkled through the hall separately onto one wall in a sort of collage or gallery when you are finished painting? Perhaps with all white painted frames (while you have your paint brush out . . )
2 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 11:22PM
aking646
THANK YOU!!
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 12:15AM
Show us how it comes out . . .we like to celebrate progress and know it is nice to share the results of hard work.
1 Like   June 20, 2014 at 10:53PM
aking646
Had some other Benjamin Moore colors in mind too- goldfinch 187, flora AF 470, Spanish olive 1509, honey Barbour CC170, and sea light 471

What do you think?
0 Likes   June 21, 2014 at 12:45AM
Spanish olive will definitely work. Not thinking the others are good choices . . goldfinch and flora too dark, honey barbour not the right ivory . . if you want a soft yellow, probably concord ivory is your pick - start there, yellow is the hardest color to pick and very dependent on latitude, orientation of natural light, kind of bulbs you have in your light fixtures . . everything . . must test several usually to get it right . . can't find sea light but did find the number tea light . . okay but spanish olive will be much better . . . it, tea light will turn ugly with the reflection off the yellow floor because it is too minty - too much blue in the green for the floor ..
For fun, found sea life that way which is a great lavender gray and would work but is too dark, but saw the lighter misty memories . . if you use lavender or purple in your accents, that could be fun.
1 Like   June 23, 2014 at 11:32AM
aking646
5 days later and floors are in. So far- changed out dining table and put sofa and chair differently. Looking for new sofa and chair that is less bulky and a different style. Any ideas about the color to choose for the interior doors- closet, front, garage?? Everything needs to be put away and decluttered now. Any ideas?
0 Likes   June 29, 2014 at 6:53PM
aking646
Flooring is in and walls are painted. Stairs almost done. Please- What color should I paint the doors?
0 Likes   June 30, 2014 at 6:28PM
hayleydaniels
Your floor is gorgeous!!

I'm partial to greens and blues with wood tones so if it was my house I'd go with something along the lines of olive or gray green or gray blue.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/medievaltimes
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/mistedfern
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/provinceblue
0 Likes   June 30, 2014 at 7:32PM
cabinet pulls
deciding between a bar pull or square bar pull. which...
Bathroom Decor
Hello! We recently moved into a new home and I need...
Guest Bedroom Help!!
I'm trying to get the guest room bedding figured out...
What fabric would you use?
What fabric would you choose to recover this loveseat?...
Urgent Please Help : Cream Tile or White Tile
I need to decide shower tile color and countertop color...