Pool "tiles"
Antje Casarez
Hi! ☺️

We're getting a Pool build and I have a design question. We decided to upgrade from tile (around the water line) to glass and picked a graphite like color for the joints. The surface will be one of the darker pebble sheen colors and the stone around it is flagstone.

So yesterday we came home to see that they've used the wrong color for the joints. A light grey/eggshell. The foreman asked us if we would like to have them replaced with the color we had picked. The durability and material characteristics are completely the same.

I really don't know what to do. They are already behind schedule and I don't want them waisting time on some minor stuff. But now I'm constantly looking at the joints around the glass....wondering if the dark ones would look better?

Here's a pic I just took. Of course the glass will look different after they cleaned it.
blair23
That's awesome
1 Like   June 19, 2014 at 6:49PM
Hyde Evans Design
YES! Change it. Listen, I know it is hard to live though construction jobs but after it is done you'll forget all about the hassle and you'll be stuck with a grout color you don't like. Make it right.
3 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 7:11PM
Antje Casarez
Thanks for your answers. But now I still don't know what to do.
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 8:41PM
This happens often in a build: you are confronted with an error; pressure to change it will further impact delays but you will get what you wanted.

My question to you is how much do you hate this and how much do you want the graphite colour? If you are really really set on the graphite colour, take the hit.

But the reality is this colour also works so it boils down to what you want and what hassle you are prepared to endure to get it. Sometimes it is just not worth it, other times it is.

Sorry, but only you can answer this dilemma.
3 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 8:47PM
makaloco
It looks fine, but as a pool owner, I'd worry that the light grout would be stained by leaves, seeds, and other random stuff that tends to collect at the waterline. Those glass tiles are absolutely beautiful, by the way. I wish I could afford to do my whole pool like that!
1 Like   June 19, 2014 at 8:54PM
Antje Casarez
Thanks again! We were worried about stains too. The guy from the pool company said that they won't change color, as long as the filter works and the chemicals in the water are in balance.

I don't have a clue if that is true or not. I don't hate the color at all. Yes, it's different than the one we picked but works too...I guess.
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 9:00PM
Mark Beaty
I like the tile for the simple reason we have had to PUMICE our tile quite often to wash away the hardness of the water and I just don't think glass is hard enough (I honestly think they are telling you wrong.)
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 9:29PM
zohrehalaghemand
I would change the grout to a darker color as you originally planned.
1 Like   June 19, 2014 at 10:01PM
Eskandari Stone
Hi
My advice to you is change the color and keep what you want though you don't hate this but it always make you feel little bit dull and upset as this is not what you choose,it is the which is put on you by mistake.
It's a basic human nature rest all up to you.
Regards
eskandaristone
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 10:12PM
Mark Beaty
What's that Tile called?
I like it.
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 11:03PM
bgfuqua
pale grout does not stay clean anywhere.
0 Likes   June 19, 2014 at 11:46PM
Mark Beaty
I would think Dark Grout would show the White scale that appears after a while???
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 12:24AM
Bonus room upstairs needs help!
Not sure what to do as far as furniture and decor in...
heatherjayy
Where to put all our kitchen items
Hi all. We are in the last steps of our kitchen redesign...
Laura Pasek
My new living room!
I'm soo excited about it getting ready right before...
Carina Oşan
Help my Bathroom!!!
My log cabin guest bathroom is really boring. I want...
cabinretreater43
Help my wall!
I was given these framed images by my grandfather who...
dolphinbaby