PAINT COLOR CHOICES-White walls with white trim-PLEASE HELP!
Michelle
Loving the look of white carried throughout the home. I would really love to cover my upstairs and kitchen with white walls...but here comes the hard part, which white to use on the trim without looking like a hospital. I like BM Dove White, also SW Alabaster white and Westhighlands...really can't figure out how to create a contrast. THANK YOU!
lizo
Maria Killam from Canada has some good ideas about undertones. The trim color undertone should have the same undertone as the white paint for it to look right. Her website is: www.MariaKillam.com It really helped me when I was trying to figure out paint colors. Good luck!
June 19, 2014 at 8:44PM      Thanked by Michelle
mm, allow me to suggest that if you are going all white, that you use the softer whites. Dove white / dove white on your trim, and on your walls, what will look white to your eye but is actually an off white - bm china white . . like bone china, same undertones but will provide contrast. . . a lot like alabaster white . . . the light reflective values shift nearly 10 pts so you will see the difference but they work together . .
June 19, 2014 at 10:10PM      Thanked by Michelle
Michelle
@libradesigneye- Thank you. You are suggesting using the same color for the trim and the walls, can you please suggest a finsh, too? The same for both or should I use a higher gloss for the trim? I wonder if it would create a bit more of a contrast?
June 21, 2014 at 5:23AM   
Empty Wall Next to Tv
We just moved in and have been setting everything up....
I need help with my kitchen final touches!!
I am trying again with photos. Need suggestions for...
I need help with my backyard!!!
okay as you can see I use to have a pool in my backyard...
Painting the Trim on Kitchen Cabinets
I'm preparing to paint our kitchen cabinets. We have...