Really need suggestions
teresad1976
Posted last night and know this does not work. But I really need alternative options. Stuck.
Maureen
Hard to tell exactly how much you want to change and if it opens to another room. If you are only looking at bringing room together, paint rail and bottom same color as top. For a complete make over, dark grey linen curtains, paint walls and trim a soft grey or paint wall per 1st picture. Add art on the long wall and upholster seats with a printed fabric per 2nd picture. Add an eye catching centerpiece on table. Hamptons Summer Home; Dining Room
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 7:48AM
Jetti Luckoski
what exactly is the 'dilemma'? Can you give us more details on what you think doesn't work?
2 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 7:54AM
Rina
Paint, three sepia photographs, and greenery would pull it together.
2 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:03AM
makaloco
It's not really clear what you're asking, but you're right that the look doesn't work. Presuming my display is rendering the colors accurately, and if you're set on using those draperies, the green-gold (especially on lower part of walls) needs to change. The hard geometric pattern of the draperies emphasizes those tones and gives an overall rosy cast that clashes with the green-gold. Rina's suggestion would work well. If you want to keep the green-gold, the draperies need to change. You could try a softer pattern that picks up all the colors, for example:

Hope I didn't misunderstand the problem!
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:07AM
teresad1976
The rest of the room. Not including pictures
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:20AM
teresad1976
The paint colors are actually pecan on top and gold bottom. The red is coming from the light.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:21AM
teresad1976
Wow Rina. That looks amazing. I wanted the bottom wall that color originally but went with gold cuz the living room is the pecan and rust.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:23AM
Patty Scott
repaint the walls as others have suggested. The pattern in the drapes is really bold but could work if the drapes are kept opened and
a shade or roman shade, transparent and lightly draped covering the window.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:26AM
Love the light, but it's way too big for the table. Plus it casts disturbing shadows through the glass. What do you need/want to keep and what are you willing to part with?
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:26AM
I got this from your ideabook. You might get this feeling with your drapes and light, but you'd need different table and paint.
1 Like   June 20, 2014 at 8:29AM
Two small details in the room as it currently is that I don't want to forget to mention: the art is too high (and probably too small; I'll look again) and those curtains should be taken off the rod and hung with rings and clips. It will get you a neater look.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:31AM
teresad1976
This will be the future table and the art isn't in it's permanent position. I'm willing to part with the drapes.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:43AM
teresad1976
View from living room and living room space and colors. Why I used the gold in dining room.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 8:48AM
Replaced rug, table, added a Moroccan serving tagine. The abstract art evokes Morocco, is by Gerry Dudgeon, and can be found here: http://www.saatchiart.com/account/artworks/8299

I didn't paint the walls because the light is so weird, but I like the color that Rina chose earlier.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 9:31AM
The new table you've selected makes all the difference. It's beautiful. Are you getting the chairs, too?
1 Like   June 20, 2014 at 9:33AM
teresad1976
I want to stay with the warm tones. Just need help with the window treatment.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 9:40AM
teresad1976
And yes. The chairs too.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 9:40AM
iidfa
I'm not sure if I can be of much help, but I think the curtain is what's throwing it off mainly because of the reddish tan in it is clashing with the wall color. That and perhaps it's texture. That being said, I'm not sure how I would fix that in terms of new curtains so I'm really interested in what everyone else says :)
1 Like   June 20, 2014 at 9:50AM
teresad1976
Me too.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 9:52AM
iidfa
I'm actually beginning to think pure white will work, maybe. But aside from that I've got nothing. :(
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 9:56AM
teresad1976
How about these?
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 10:07AM
teresad1976
Starting to feel like all my choices are wrong.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 10:46AM
makaloco
Wow, the gold looks a lot less greenish in the photo of the view from the living room. No, your choices aren't all wrong. You just had the bad luck to hit on a couple of colors that don't quite work together in the light you have. It's only a matter of considering both natural and artificial lighting, since that's how you and everyone else will see the room at different times. Agree with Groveraxle that the draperies should be hung from rings rather than directly on the rod. I now see how the drapery pattern carries over to the new chair backs, so it's easy to understand why you chose them. I'm still in favor of Rina's dark red for the lower walls, though. I like your dining room art, by the way, at least what I can see of it.
1 Like   June 20, 2014 at 2:35PM
teresad1976
Bought a new curtain so I will post later when it's dark with the light. Which may be the next thing I change.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 2:55PM
Really need paint suggestions. Throw them out there :)
I just want paint ideas. The kitchen adjoins the living...
Really need suggestions on exterior paint color, 2 guessing myself..
Large older home needs a new sophisticated, smart updated...
I would really appreciate a professional's suggestion.
Our (formal) sitting room is challenging me. I have...
I really want this lamp any suggestions??????
I had seen this lamp in the GrandinRoad at the beginning...
Induction cooktop & downdraft - wall oven below?
We are planning a kitchen remodel. We love the flexible...
Window treatments for kitchen
Moving to an apartment and the kitchen windows are...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Exterior paint color for old Dutch house
Hi . . . I wanted to throw this out there to see what...