Small kitchen in need of seating?
Cynthia Peacock
Hello any suggestions on how I can maximize my ability to entertain in a small kitchen like this? I've searched for tables but just can't decide what to do?? Please help!

Cynthia
crowley48
How many do you want to seat?

Looking at this photo, I'm thinking a long narrow bench type table cantered with that jut-out on the wall, with a really cool painting there. Seating....not sure...you don't want seating sticking out into the narrow room so maybe seats that would slide right under the table (backless?)?
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 11:27AM
Erica
I like some of the fold-down tables that Ikea sells. Perfect for the little kitchens since they fold away when not needed. You can also consider some folding chairs and hooks to hang them on the wall when not in use. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30180504/
3 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 11:40AM
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Looks like you could use permanent counter space in addition to an eating surface.

You could install a shelf along the empty wall, running from the entrance right down to the window. Use brackets instead of legs for a more open feel, making sure the shelf would be deep enough to hold a dinner plate comfortably. This piece could bow out in the center and angle slightly back to the wall at the ends. This would give you a little bit more room at the entrance and down by the fridge.

You could use butcher block, stone, laminate, a painted wood, etc. for this "shelf". Store stools underneath to avoid chair backs getting in the way as well as giving you a more open feel.

Paint the cupboards to blend in with the appliances. This will simplify the opposite wall and give you a more cohesive look. Keep this space as simple as possible to help achieve a roomier feel.

Over the "shelf", hang colorful art, open shelving for more storage, or a long mirror. The mirror would expand the feel of the space. Install track lighting. Find another place for the trash cans that is out of sight or camouflaged. Replace blinds with blinds that have wider slats for a more current design.

I do not know what the [ bracket is for on the wall. If you want to keep it, move it over to the entrance of the kitchen. As it is now, it is in a precarious place and chops off some of the wall space that is available to you. It looks like it is across from where the sink meets the stove? It should be at the entrance, across from the outter edge of the stove. It could be part of the new dining shelf on that wall. Just connect them in the design - especially if you are going to make the new surface out of wood. Paint them the same color and wah-lah - custom!
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 12:23PM
Need help with small seating area off kitchen.
This is a small seating area on the other side of the...
island w/seating or small kitchen table
I would very much like to put an island w/stools for...
Small Kitchen Island with seating.
I would like to put a small island counter height,...
Small window seat in kitchen?
Would like to put in one in front of bay window that...
Where to start!
I have inherited 200 acres. We have drilled a couple...
80s Kitchen needs an update
Just bought this house today and can't wait to get...
Young professional Rustic apt.
Hey guys I have always wanted the rustic/western style...
Two glass front kitchen cabinet doors or none? Costs??
I'm trying to decide whether to do two seeded glass...
Bar stool decision
I just purchased these bar stools and now wonder if...