Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paula_sanders

I need help choosing granite countertops for my kitchen. Any advice ap

Paula Sanders
9 years ago
Appliances will be stainless steel. I chose a cream quartz and a granite stone with gray background brown and black colors. Floor is gray background with brown .

Comments (25)

• PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    9 years ago
    You say you need help choosing granite but then say you've chosen cream quartz and granite. I'm confused.
    Paula Sanders thanked Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Here are some mock ups with other granites

1) Colonial Gold
    2) Juperana Persa
    3) Typhoon Bordeaux
    4) Left side (not sure) right side (Venetian Gold)
    Paula Sanders thanked Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
  • Paula Sanders
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I chose these but not quite happy with the choices I've made.
  • iidfa
    9 years ago
    I like both options! I think something like this might work as well? :-D good luck! Love your cabinets!!
    Paula Sanders thanked iidfa
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I can't really tell much about the quartz but the granite really doesn't seem to work with the cabinet color that much. Your cabinets are a bit darker than the maple we went with but here's what the Colonial Gold looks like in our kitchen.
  • nansdrew
    9 years ago
    I vote for the quartz. I'm not sure if you already have a backsplash in mind, but the quarts will let you get away with more patterns, designs and colors on the backsplash.
    Paula Sanders thanked nansdrew
  • User
    9 years ago
    Quartz will be more elegant. It'll really bring out the flooring and give more options for backsplash.
  • happyleg
    9 years ago
    Quartz. I like the veiny granite.
  • flannel flower
    9 years ago
    Cream one on the left. Cleaner looking and works better with floor and timber cabinet.
  • PRO
    Creation Cabinetry
    9 years ago
    I would look for the greatest contrast., it will make thing more interesting to the eyes. If everything blends together it becomes very boring to the eyes.
  • Paula Sanders
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    So what do you suggest? Im really stuck on this part of the remodel.
  • apple_pie_order
    9 years ago
    The cream on the left. The other one doesn't look right with the very pretty rich cabinet color.

If you are stuck, bring home more samples. When you do decide, be sure you inspect the actual slab and discuss where the cuts will be made.
  • Sherry Johnston
    9 years ago
    I'm not a fan of countertops with multiple colors, streaks & splotches (what I currently have in my home). I really like the clean look of a more solid-colored counter. Decorative accents won't compete with your counters & it gives an all over cleaner look. I like the cream sample in your picture.
  • happyleg
    9 years ago
    I like the second from bottom on right. And the cream one too. I like quartz.
  • marywashington
    9 years ago
    I love the quartz so classy!
  • lellogirl
    9 years ago
    The light quartz in your photo really looks nice with your cabinets! For what I can see, I'd stick with lighter colors.
  • bgfuqua
    9 years ago
    I agree - the light quartz.
  • Paula Sanders
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you for all you comments. They helped immensely. Off white granite is my choice. Finally!
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    cream quartz (will not compete with floor)
  • jonesev
    8 years ago

The cream quartz. This is the best blend for what you have.

• Ann
    8 years ago

I think the cream quartz would look fantastic!

• happyleg
    8 years ago

Is this old or alive??

• PRO
    V Richards
    8 years ago

There is so much brown happening already ... boring, boring brown ... it will seem like you are as sinking into the earth if you go for the darker browny granite!!

And at night without the lights on, the kitchen will look like a dark cave.

The darker browny granite going to make everything so blocky .......

So obviously, my comment is going to be "go with the lighter cream granite"!!

Cream looks clean, all the time ... you'll always be aware where the "grimy spots" are to clean, so the counter tops will be much more hygienic.

With the cream granite ... Once you start adding decorative items onto the counter each item will pop out. (With a browny granite any decorative items won't be seen ads much as they'll be will be "absorbed" into the browny granite colouring)

• rocketjcat
    8 years ago
    Old post from 2014.