My house looks like a mobile home
melissaw13
We just bought a house and we need ideas to help us make it look like a house and not a mobile home becuase it's not ! HELP
adivra
The porch and no landscaping are part of the problem The porch looks off center and should be painted. The black shutters recede and serve no purpose.They need to be repainted or replaced with something more to scale. The front door should be painted other than white. There should be a walkway to the front entrance from whereever it is cars park. Location will determine landscape, just don't plant too close to the house and make sure you know how big things will get. Those are my starter points. BTW that's a gorgeous setting.
June 20, 2014 at 9:22pm        Thanked by melissaw13
garden design online
Add a porch.
June 20, 2014 at 10:31pm      Thanked by melissaw13
Lydia Geduldig
It really depends on what your budget is. The color scheme needs to be unified. You have a brown roof, white house, with what looks like black shutters, and a tan porch. Landscaping and window boxes would add a great deal of charm.
June 20, 2014 at 11:19pm      Thanked by melissaw13
sheilaksb
If the roof needs to be replaced, I would suggest a light green roof and shutters in a slightly darker green. White window boxes and a yellow door would add an airy look, plus cheerful colors and charm. I also would suggest you paint the rail of the stairs the same green as the shutters and paint the spindles white. A coordinating light green for the deck floor, stair treads, and porch ceiling will complete the look.
June 20, 2014 at 11:38pm        Thanked by melissaw13
redteamstrategies
I think the front deck is constricting and too busy. Consider removing it or expanding it to align with the roof line over the front door, perhaps with full or much wider steps so that the railings frame more of the front. Paint the front door and add exterior sconces. If the front porch is wide and deep enough, planters and a couple of chairs would make it more welcoming.

The side porch could remain as is with the right landscaping.

With the amount of sand in the photos, i would consider foundation plantings that prefer well drained soil, full sun and are drought resistant like ornamental grasses.

Resist straight lines for any hardscape. The house is linear enought.
June 21, 2014 at 6:17am      Thanked by melissaw13
gintroyer
I agree with garden designs...add a front porch. The roof would just extend from the peak that's already there. Some nice columns and front stairs and it would look great!
June 21, 2014 at 6:43am      Thanked by melissaw13
Maureen
Depending on budget, a porch, welcoming landscaping to front door, stone to front of house, Baer Retreat; Project 'Five'; Fairway Ranch Renovation exterior; Purple House
June 21, 2014 at 7:09am      Thanked by melissaw13
What color should I paint my family room
I'm trying to find a good color to paint my family...
What should I put on top of the kitchen cabinets?
I have no idea what to put on these cabinets! I've...
Hiding the well head and curb appeal please!
This is a lake house. It sits close to the road as...
Privacy for Guests using Murphy Bed
We've been invited to redesign a Grand Rapids condo...