Please Suggest Coordinating Fabric
dkvhaus
Hubby loved these ikat patterned chairs, as well as these lamps. We also have a white couch. Since all pieces reside in the front room/ entry area, I need to coordinate these pieces. I cannot find the right fabric. (Note-the front door opens into the space). The chairs appear darker in real life. I have thought of white pillows. However, I hope to bring out blue in the chairs to coordinate them with the lamps. Suggestions?
I'd like to see you have pillows made using fabrics in one of the greens in the ikat, welted with the a blue fabric that matches the lamp. Stores like Calico Corners should be able to have the pillows made for you, using fabrics from their collections. Or you could find a seamstress to make them.
June 22, 2014 at 11:08am   
dkvhaus
Yes, custom made pillows are my plan. I gave scoured the Internet, but have not found anything suitable. So, I ask, "Does anyone have any fabric suggestions?"
June 24, 2014 at 7:53pm   
laurakdesigns
Beautiful chairs! Here is a quick idea, although colors aren't quite perfect, may help get you in the right direction

June 24, 2014 at 10:17pm   
Empress of The Eye Pillow Collections
Since this fab chair has a certain style to it, I would use a vintage, antique lumbar pillow. Something that adds additional character to an already beautiful piece. A lumbar would also add another level of luxury and comfort. First choice would be a lumbar in the Italian animal print, second would be an aubusson using the same color way with antique trim. You could also throw a bit of contemporary with this mitered stripe pillow. If you can find an antique pillow of any good standing they go with anything. Scale would be very important when making your final choice.
June 25, 2014 at 5:01am     
Empress of The Eye Pillow Collections
Animal print of a quality fabric always works.
June 25, 2014 at 5:03am   
Warner Decor
Hi! Here is an idea for you:
http://deciture.com/ik-kavita-blue-linen-quilted-pillow-w-down-fill/ (there are some lighter blue tones in your chair, so these would bring those out)
June 25, 2014 at 5:45am     
erinbliss
Love the chair & the lamp! What's it like to have a white sofa?! In my house, it would be covered in plastic or need weekly upholstery cleaning!
June 25, 2014 at 5:58am   
dkvhaus
Thank you everyone!!
June 25, 2014 at 9:42am   
Empress of The Eye Pillow Collections
Lots of options...
June 25, 2014 at 9:58am   
Maureen
If looking for fabric for pillows for couch, go with any graphics with the colors in your chair, mixed with some plain fabric cushions in like colors. If looking for fabric for another chair being upholstered or for pillows for this chair, go with a solid (cobalt, gold or emerald). Bergen Street Residence;Hospital Home Lottery Fall 2012
June 25, 2014 at 3:15pm   
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
How about taking 2 colors from you chair and put one color in a band down the center of the pillow and the 2nd color on the outside edges? This would look crisp and clean.
June 25, 2014 at 6:51pm   
Nancy Walton
Did you look on fabricguru.com ? They have decorator fabrics at fantastic prices! (Not affiliated, just a satisfied customer.)
June 25, 2014 at 7:01pm     
Help with Front Door Colour Please!
My Front door was originally the same colour as the...
2 door Entryway to living room
Please help me decide how to model this. We have a...
Need help for my kitchen
Hi I need help choosing a colour to paint above the...
Need help with layout of living room/dining room area in condo.
Moved from house to condo 15 years ago. Now feeling...
Color behind open shelving or not?
After making changes to my kitchen from my previous...