Can you tell me what kind of wood is on this staircase? I know it's a custom stain.
sidney523
March 25, 2012 in Photo Questions
I wonder if it could be a walnut? This might help identify it.
March 26, 2012 at 1:17pm   
Benvenuti and Stein
Red Oak
March 27, 2012 at 9:42am     
Thanks for answering!
March 27, 2012 at 9:48am   
sidney523
Thanks for all of the responses! This is the look we are going for...but we have an 100 year old house with yellow birch floors. Just trying to determine how they will take the stain. I have heard there can be some issues with both birch and maple and darker stains because the grain is so tight. They are going to water pop them first, but I am still concerned about the consistency, richness of the darker color. These are beautiful, but I have also heard that Red and White Oak both do really well with staining. Just don't want to regret it:)
March 27, 2012 at 10:11am   
Kelly Magallanes
What is the stain mix you used and the finish? I love these floors, I also have bare red oak and am in the process of staining which has been very frustrating because I am not getting this color and finish. :( Help please!!!
June 8, 2012 at 8:04am