I need help with ideas for red brick ranch design
maisonsforme
My house is just okay. I feel like I don't have many options for making it anything really special. It's red brick and I've never wanted to paint the brick. Right now the main trim has a coppery red color. The door and other trim is a light gray. We will be replacing windows soon so maybe that will help. Any ideas for making it not so boring would be appreciated. I'm very much a nature girl...love trees, flowers, wild life.
mick50
Many advice posts have used this picture from Houzz to show dark gray with red brick, with good reason -- it's stunning! When you replace windows, get black or charcoal framed ones. Then paint your siding this dark bluish gray. Door could be charcoal or glossy black. Remove the grilled storm door or paint to match the door.
0 Likes   June 25, 2014 at 7:07AM
apple_pie_order
Lovely flowers around the lamp post, looks like you have a green thumb. I suggest you look into adding a wide flowerbed in the front, extending around the tree base. Many bags of compost will make it good for planting. Plant with annuals the first year so you can see what grows in partly shaded areas, then add small shrubs and perennials the second year. Choose plants that attract hummingbirds, other birds, and butterflies. Add easy-clean birdbath and hummingbird feeder.
1 Like   Thanked by maisonsforme    June 25, 2014 at 8:05AM
Tres McKinney Design
I like Mick 50's recommendation. Another option is to paint all the siding taupe and white wash the brick. New windows with black or off white window frames and devided light window panes. Paint the front door black. Loose the storm door as weather permits. If you must have one keep the lines simple and clean with as little distraction from a handsome front door as possible. Carve out a much larger planting area incorporating the tree and curving towards the walk way. Fill with evergreen and flowering perinials.
0 Likes   Thanked by maisonsforme    July 11, 2014 at 9:05PM
I need ideas for updating a plain red brick ranch with awnings
I may keep teh awnings fo rtheir cooling factor - but...
Need ideas on a 2nd floor addition to ranch, red brick house!
I'm looking for ideas in how to incorporate a 2nd floor...
Need help with exterior paint color to go with red brick ranch
Our red brick ranch has two or three different colors...
Red brick ranch update help needed please!
I am *not* good at design stuff, so I would love some...
FACE LIFT OUR 70's TRI LEVEL
Looking for CURB APPEAL on our 70's tri-level. Any...
Advice on sofa if you have combined formal receiving and family room.
Hello... What would be the best bet on sofa if you...
Ideas for kitchen fireplace
We are completely redoing our kitchen and are stuck...
Kitchen Nook Ideas
Hello! Can I have some ideas for this nook area? The...