What to put in vase?
Serene Ng
This is pretty tall, 17" and 8" diameter. I used it as a floor planter and put a jade plant in it but it looked like a ice cream cone. Cut flowers don't last and don't like fake flowers/ stems. Not sure about those sticks that are trendy now too. Any ideas? House plant? Succulents? Which ones? Photo?
June 28, 2014 at 1:22am   
Curt D'Onofrio
Ask your local nursery what indoor plants are good at your locale. I would like a plant that drapes down the sides so as to hide/eliminate the cone. We have such a plant, but we don't know what it is..some type of vine that stays green all year, alas, it never flowers though....not sure if it was ever meant to flower
June 28, 2014 at 1:27am   
Here is one idea for the vase.

June 28, 2014 at 5:16am     
apple_pie_order
You can use a traditional method of pot-in-pot. Buy a houseplant in a plastic pot that is just a bit smaller than the vase, or find a lightweight plastic pot that fits inside, then transplant a houseplant into it. The plastic inner pot will sit well above the bottom of the decorative vase. Use pebbles to raise it if necessary. Change the plant out every few weeks if kept in a dark spot or every few months if reasonably bright. Orchids are currently inexpensive; there are many colors that would be stunning in your bright vase.

Another idea I saw in a model house was to have a large, lush container of houseplants planted by a designer, then use cut flowers in tiny holders hidden in with the foliage. Change cut flowers when they start to fade.
June 28, 2014 at 5:47am   
Wanting to warm & cozy up this sad and undefined home's exterior.
This is a beach house in need of an identity. I'd like...
Lordy Lordy, Margo's -
Actually, I don't know how old Margo is, but I do know...
Mixing shades and blinds in same room?
The evening sun streams in the upper windows of our...
Need help with vanity placement in small bathroom!
I'm looking at purchasing this vanity from Pottery...