Bathroom cabinet or shelves?
An K
Should I put in a bathroom cabinet (color) or shelves (glass' wood? Please help with suggestions. Bathroom is half bath downstairs so guests will be using it too
Not sure where you are thinking of putting the cabinets/shelves.
June 29, 2014 at 5:24AM   
JWH Design and Cabinetry LLC
If you are thinking about over the toilet, shelves will be better. With the angled ceiling, a cabinet will be tricky and awkward unless it is a custom depth and configuration.

Wood shelves to compliment the other wood shown would be better than glass. Seeing the underside of your display items (and the dust on open glass shelves) would not be as practical or pretty.
June 29, 2014 at 5:41AM     
donaflor
I am no pro, not by a long shot. But something to consider is there seems to be a lot of wood in there already. I have a sort of decorative iron thing with three glass shelves over the toilet in my bath, and the dust issue is real. I looks like you have a framed mirror over the sink-- would a vintage-y medicine cabinet be an option ? I've seen them without mirrors and with, painted and not.
Just a thought...
June 29, 2014 at 8:12AM     
An K
I know there is a lot of wood and brown- this was my husbands project. The cabinet/ shelves would be above the toilet. I was hoping to bring in some green glass bottles or something. It needs some 'pop' please advise
June 29, 2014 at 9:06AM   
donaflor
An K, that was just an observation, not a criticism! About the wood, I mean. With wood, my mind wanders to more traditional territories, like maybe a hooked or rag rug, towels picking up a color from it. With the shelving, I am partial to peeling paint myself. I would haunt the fleas, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.
June 29, 2014 at 10:17AM     
An K
Oh I did not take it as a criticism. No worries. I want people to say - hey that is awful - change it if that is needed. But - all is good. I just need something in there and I don't know what to do
June 29, 2014 at 10:22AM   
sarainitaly
ideas
June 29, 2014 at 10:25AM     
sarainitaly
more. the first looks a little more like your situation, with the sloped ceiling.
June 29, 2014 at 10:26AM     
carolins
Do you need extra storage? Or is it purely for decorative purposes? Shelves would keep it more open. I'd keep to the dark wood for the shelves. You could also think of hanging some more colourful artwork on the walls and different coloured towels. Green, white, turquoise would go lovely with the dark wood.
June 29, 2014 at 10:27AM     
An K
I really like those pics sarainitaly. Thanks!
June 29, 2014 at 10:33AM     
An K
How about teal? I see that with brown in the stores or orange?
June 29, 2014 at 10:36AM   
An K
Used to have the cabinet up for storage when we had the pedestal sink. But my husband wanted the cabinet sink option so now it is purely decorative
June 29, 2014 at 10:37AM   
donaflor
I agree about the addition of artwork as well
June 29, 2014 at 10:56AM   
carolins
Yes, teal would work. And blue. As would orange, but orange is a warm colour, so it does add pizzaz, but doesn't really 'freshen' up the look. Unless you also add a cool colour like teal, turquoise or white. What colour is in the adjoining room(s)?
It's always a nice touch if you can pick a colour up from one room to another.
June 29, 2014 at 11:23AM   
An K
It is finished but I think it looks cluttered? It is not right somehow. Any suggestions?
August 23, 2014 at 8:39AM   
ppf.
I would prefer the pedestal sink as the vanity cabinet looks odd -- if it fit between the walls it would be OK.

The dark waist high trim seems out of place as it does not match any other visible trim and serves no purpose. If this trim were painted and the upper wall was papered, or the lower was painted a slightly darker color, as example, this belt trim would make sense.

The decorated shelf really isn't needed -- the art is plenty, but maybe a piece that reflects the other colors in the room. The matting does not seem to fit colorwise, and the frame could be larger to complement the frame around the mirror.

Sorry to be so negative :(
August 23, 2014 at 9:22AM     
An K
That's okay. I knew it did not look right. Thanks for the advice
August 23, 2014 at 10:36AM   
An K
Anyone else?
August 23, 2014 at 10:36AM   
carolins
I do like what you've done in the vanity area. The soft green of the towels look nice with the brown/beige.
I'm not keen on staggered art, purely a personal opinion :-)
And I would remove just about everything from the shelf and the toilet, maybe leave the votives and put the little bird up on the shelf.
August 23, 2014 at 11:54AM     
Genevieve
There was a space saver before now there are shelves ,I like those better.
August 23, 2014 at 3:26PM     
An K
I rearranged it. The cabinet must stay. My husband wanted it. More tweaking please ...
August 31, 2014 at 12:20PM   
An K
I realized I had 2 candles on toilet .
Which looks better, if at all?
August 31, 2014 at 12:21PM   
An K
I was also going to either paint below the chair rail (color suggestions?) and/ or paint/ wallpaper above the chair rail ( suggestions please). The bathroom is very tiny.
August 31, 2014 at 12:22PM   
Cambria Quartz
Has anyone experienced any problems with the Cambria...
Kitchen
This is a pic of my kitchen floor plan. I want to put...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
kitchen decoration
how can I furnish a rectangular kitchen please
Guess the size of the area?
Can anyone help me guess the size of the vanity area?...