Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mindymh

Love the idea of rugs on porch, but is this house located in a mostly dry region?

Mindy MH
12 years ago
Anita Diaz · More Info

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Anita Diaz for Far Above Rubies
    12 years ago
    These are inexpensive, indoor rugs, but they do not have the rubber backing which is why they have lasted. It is very wet here, but this porch gets southwest afternoon sun, and not a lot of water blows in when it rains. I pressure wash them in the spring then vacum or the blower. They have held up really well, no mold, no mildew or fading.
  • Mindy MH
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    That's awesome! I've since done some online searching and I'm really surprised at the options of outdoor rugs - who knew?! We have an L shaped porch with a swing on the narrow side. I'm looking for ways to "accessorize."
  • Mindy MH
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    By the way, it sort of looks like they go UNDER the brick column a little bit.... Or is that an illusion?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    No, I just cut them to fit around since they were inexpensive. I tend to do things like that:-) I'm honestly surprised how well they have held up.
  • bricky
    11 years ago
    Very nice porch! Did you stain the top of the table? If so, what did you use for the stain and clear coat? Did the rugs ravel where you cut them or did you bind them? Thanks!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I did stain the table then finish it with Marine Varnish for boats. The rugs have held up amazingly well, and have not raveled at all nor have they gotten mold or mildew. The afternoon sun does get hot in this spot so I assume that is why they stay dry, and despite the sun, they have not faded.