How does Loe-E Glass on new window products affect the wall color in new homes?
Christine Hartman
March 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have consulted professionally on wall paint choices, but we have moved from the Midwest to Phoenix, AZ area and are building a new home with Low-E windows. I have noticed that model homes with this feature show cool beige, blues and silvers not earth tones. Indeed when I took paint samples to our new build, the B Moore "jute" chip ( lightest beige with a khakii tinge)went ashy and dull, while the pale blue greys, aquas and silvers looked great. The butter-creams and manilla tones I like also went dead. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Christine Hartman
Did a little engine search and the most I could find is that low-e windows "make everything look blue" which is what I have observed. I will use a pale cloudy aqua in the room that gets lots of light and it looks sage outside but blue-aqua in the home. It seems that alot of paint colors with subtle warm undertones look unattractive and flat with these cool tinted windows. Choose your colors with this in mind if you have low e windows.
0 Likes   March 29, 2012 at 3:00PM