How does Loe-E Glass on new window products affect the wall color in new homes?
Christine Hartman
I have consulted professionally on wall paint choices, but we have moved from the Midwest to Phoenix, AZ area and are building a new home with Low-E windows. I have noticed that model homes with this feature show cool beige, blues and silvers not earth tones. Indeed when I took paint samples to our new build, the B Moore "jute" chip ( lightest beige with a khakii tinge)went ashy and dull, while the pale blue greys, aquas and silvers looked great. The butter-creams and manilla tones I like also went dead. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
Christine Hartman
Did a little engine search and the most I could find is that low-e windows "make everything look blue" which is what I have observed. I will use a pale cloudy aqua in the room that gets lots of light and it looks sage outside but blue-aqua in the home. It seems that alot of paint colors with subtle warm undertones look unattractive and flat with these cool tinted windows. Choose your colors with this in mind if you have low e windows.
0 Likes   March 29, 2012 at 3:00PM
Does cooking heat affect wall finish? how to keep clean there?
Heat from the stove top in this position melted the...
dwamapam
Does anyone know the wall color or where to find these curtains? Williams Sonoma Home New Traditional Living r
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/williams-sonoma-home/home-living-room/?cm_type=gnav Thanks...
amandakatona
Does converting a bath tub to a shower affect the sale of a home.
We've a 3 Br, 2 bath, 1800 sq ft 7 year old cottage...
rkatt119
Holy bathroom
I am moving into a condo. It is a rental so I am limited...
nadiagravely
Bath remodel
We are remodeling our master bath, gutting it so no...
Peg Pisani
kitchen faucet
I want all metal in my faucets with a side sprayer....
barbraines
Modern bathroom - do I need shoe molding?
we are in the process of remodeling out bathroom and...
Lily Deeb
New Bathroom dilema
I am doing new bathroom, think will go for black ceramic...
meteiny