Pink without pink
amyfamyf
We are building a new home and my little daughter of course wants a pink room. I'd like her to feel like she's getting a pink room by using pink accents and pink bedding but no pink walls. I want to use a neutral color that will go well with the pink. Do I go with a neutral that has pink undertones or do I go with a neutral that has opposite undertones than pink on the color wheel? Any suggestions or ideas of what I can do with the walls? This is not the exact bedding I'm using but just an idea.
Chermac Builders Inc
I would suggest a more neutral color without pink undertones. As she grows she will want to change the colors again (I raised three daughters!). Using pink as the accent will free you up in the future to simply change the accent color and create an entirely different look. Hope it turn out great, and that your daughter loves her new room!
July 2, 2014 at 8:47pm     
amyfamyf
Any body have a great favorite neutral color they would recommend?
July 2, 2014 at 9:20pm   
fiona_ab
I know it's not neutral but have you thought about pale blue? Pastelly enough to appeal now but strong enough to cope with purple or orange or black at a later date.

]
July 2, 2014 at 10:08pm     
Keitha
Can't go wrong with revere pewter walls.
July 2, 2014 at 10:15pm     
Keitha
An idea!
July 2, 2014 at 10:17pm     
hotflorida
If you want , paint the walls gray . Or do like horizontal pink and gray lines ? Would be cute . I also have three girls and I totally understand the whole no PINK! My kids room is painted in horizontal lines . The pink I used, isn't your topical bright pink it's like this dirty pink . I'll show u a photo :) and I love how it turned out . Three out of four walls are lines and the fourth wall is the solid color.
July 2, 2014 at 10:35pm     
I like Keitha's suggestion. It allows a lot of flexibility plus you can frame a huge corkboard and hang it on the wall so she can pin things to it.

To answer your question: a paint with green undertones will make pink look pinker...
July 2, 2014 at 10:50pm     
amyfamyf
Wow! Thanks for the ideas! Those are some beautiful rooms! This helps a lot!
July 3, 2014 at 6:58am   
amyfamyf
Keitha, is that a room in your home? It's absolutely beautiful. It's so elegant and girly at the same time. Do you know the paint color on that wall?
July 3, 2014 at 7:00am   
hotflorida
No it's not her home. It's a nursery
July 3, 2014 at 8:48am     
Maureen
So many colors go with pink. It may depend on the bedding that you and your daughter like, then paint to compliment.
Baby room; s-newark; Miami-Daughter's Bedroom; Historic Concord, MA; Marshfield, MA;
July 3, 2014 at 9:54am     
amyfamyf
Awesome! I like the pale yellow, it feels warm and happy with pink. I need something super pale and light. Great picture, what darling rooms. Thank you!
July 3, 2014 at 12:08pm   
Maureen
That was my favorite as well. Have fun!
July 3, 2014 at 12:29pm     
Leslie
You could try color blocking with mostly neutrals and just a couple wall sections of pink. Then they could be easily taped off and repainted at a later time in a different color once you grow weary of pink without having to repaint the entire room.
Nadia's Room 1
Nadia's Room 2
Nadia's Room 3
July 3, 2014 at 12:32pm     
amyfamyf
That's an interesting idea. Guess I could do an accent wall too, easier to change in the future. I hadn't thought of that.
July 3, 2014 at 7:50pm   
JRH76
My daughter's room is SW Butter Up. It is a pale yellow similar to the one above. It's soft and cheery and just perfect with white trim.
July 3, 2014 at 7:56pm     
amyfamyf
Awesome! I'll check it out! Thank you!
July 3, 2014 at 8:04pm   
Photo wall help
Which wall? Can I use different frames as I did already?...
Love the look do much
But this furniture prices out over 21K. Any ideas...
New kitchen, but just not working.
Hi all. Here is my dilemma. We built this house...
Looking for creative idea's for my living room
I'm revamping my living room (10,000Sqft) and require...
How to make small bedroom look cozy
Hi, Need a help to make our small bedroom little warmer...