Window treatments in nursery
leannfrank
July 3, 2014 in Design Dilemma
How would you cover these two windows? One rod? Two? How many panels? I need to be able to make the room dark during the day, it's sunny. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alen31
Wall to wall curtains, on one long rod, probably 6 or more panels - would have to measure to 2x the wall length, mounted at ceiling level.
July 3, 2014 at 5:01AM   
homekeptheart
my 2 cents. it's a nursery, i would NOT do a huge wall of curtains. it's not a master bedroom or living room. it doesn't need to look like a grand wall of windows. now if you were doing an adult bedroom, i would totally do one of those pictures above. that first one is really beautiful!! that said, with 2 separate windows you will be better able to control the light coming in. you are going to want to be able to do this with a baby.

what i have always done in my nurseries - and my children's bedrooms - is this. a very good (pay more for this because you will be glad you did) room darkening roller shade. and then i use a valence or balloon shade depending on the style i am going for. i don't like the shade with a panel as much because when it is up i don't want to see it!

i have a large family and have decorated many nurseries. the most important thing IMO is to be able to control the light. i am attaching 2 pictures. the boys room i didn't fix the valence before snapping the picture which makes my OCD side a little nuts but i'm using it anyways, a la "the nester"! blessing to you and your little one!
July 3, 2014 at 5:44AM     
Rhonda Bovine
Crisp white plantation shutters for light control and a clean no fuss look with no fabrics, or cords. They will grow with a child and go with any decor.
July 3, 2014 at 6:31AM