Colors in kitchen
Catherine Dove
Hi,
We live in the west Texas, so I'd like keeping with rustic western country. Our kitchen is blue, trim is a bubble gum blue, walls almost colbolt (shade or two lighter) and the ceiling is a touch of blue. Our cabnets are stained a reddish brown almost cherry looking, the wood is ash, counter tops we would like Carerra Marble slab and the appliances are stainless. The question is backsplash under upper cabnets and under hood????? White subway tile, French, Dutch or Italian blue and white tile? Which I'm having a difficult time finding. Can anyone help? I'm open to suggestions. In the picture it is obviious the wall paint is not up.
Thank you ahead of time,
Smartwood
MarleneM
Hi Catherine, I'm having a hard time visualizing your room based on your choices. It seems like a lot of different blues and the trim is quite bright. Do have an inspiration photo or something you are using? I looked at your ideabook, and you do have many lovely blue kitchens there, just worried you are doing blue overload.
1 Like   Thanked by Catherine Dove    July 4, 2014 at 11:43PM
Catherine Dove
I will send an updated photo in a couple of weeks when I get back to the project. The blue is ina very small area but it might be an overload.
0 Likes   July 5, 2014 at 4:33PM
You can do a lot of blue with the right shade . the bubblegoum blue isn't rustic or easy for me to envision . . were you hoping for more of a denim type . . americana . . . cherry, denim and white sort of red white and blue rustic? Marble in a kitchen is fun, but not practical if you are a perfectionist - they have some quartzites now that look like carrera that will perform better so look into those - I would have marble but some are afraid of the staining and pitting where I like that look and think you might too . . just decide with eyes open . . . . . given the other complexities, I'm thinking white subway everywhere, gray grout to echo the carrera and if you want to do a feature of blue and white tile, do it on a board where you can hang it up behind the stove and take it down when you are ready for a change . .
0 Likes   July 5, 2014 at 5:13PM
Catherine Dove
Thank you, those are wonderful thoughts.
0 Likes   July 5, 2014 at 6:23PM
Yes or no to having a garbage disposal?
My contractor friend who does massive houses ( with...
Diane Mazefsky
Contractors, Plumbers - Please help with my water heater fan noise!
I just moved into a new home - new construction. The...
doctornancy
Take 2... Another attempt to complete my living room & Bedroom
12 Months in and I still haven't embraced my red sofa....
indycoolchick
rredpenn
need help for my kitchen
Needs some updating. Cabinets are maple and the color...
myboysrule