Master bedroom makeover
chayalarosenberg
Please help me give this bedroom a contemporary/ modern- ( mayb elegant?) new feel.- I am open to hearing any suggestions- paint color- different headboards- window treatment, mirror, linen- whatever u think- please help me! Thanks!
This seems to fit your description;)

6 Likes   July 3, 2014 at 7:35PM
chayalarosenberg
Margo, thanks! That's amazing! Yes ur really hitting it close! How can I keep that feeling but make it a little more feminine?
0 Likes   July 4, 2014 at 7:55AM
silver accents, mirrors, and more feminine bedding duvet and pillows;) Gray, silver, and lavender is quite romantic/feminine.... yes,??

1 Like   July 4, 2014 at 8:03AM
alinainfo
I think you have so many options! The back wall can become your main focus and have an incredible room. You can go in so many directions with color or textures. You can go with wallpaper, panels, etc . I have included some ideas I saw in Houzz! Good luck is a fun project.
0 Likes   July 4, 2014 at 9:23AM
Gray & Walter, Ltd.
How about this?
1 Like   July 4, 2014 at 9:28AM
chayalarosenberg
Yes, lander as a hint of color to a neat grey room is a great idea, thank you! Alinainfo- thanks- Im not sure where I can see the photos that u added- and grey- I like the neatness off the room- I love the bed and a pretty chandelier to simple neat room.
0 Likes   July 4, 2014 at 9:42AM
chayalarosenberg
It was meant to read- lavender - and sorry- the name is gray and Walter
0 Likes   July 4, 2014 at 9:42AM
0 Likes   July 4, 2014 at 10:35AM
chayalarosenberg
Thanks Alina, these photos are beautiful. I'm drawn to the 'tufted wall coverings'. I'm thinking of doing that for the wall behind the beds. I saw it on one of the threads, someone said they run about $3000. I'm wondering of anyone knows a way to get that cheaper
0 Likes   July 4, 2014 at 2:30PM
chayalarosenberg
This is another option as a layout for the beds. What do you think? Which way is better? The pro of keeping the beds under the window, I that I gain a lot of space to make a nice sitting area. But it's harder to make the beds and I'm blocking a bit of the window. Advice please!
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 9:11AM
KShoa
If you want to go contemporary, you should probably do away with the woods you have and introduce more solid fixtures and straight lines. Also add cooler colors like grays, blues, taupes, etc., to balance the warm floor wood.

Not sure if your second configuration looks as comfortable as the first (you're blocking one side of each bed squeezing them in there, whereas the first configuration was open on both sides).

Keep working with it! :)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/katshoa
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 9:40AM
chayalarosenberg
Thank you for your quick reply. The picture was meant for the bed placement only. I'm planing on changing the furniture. I know, I does sound more cramped this way- but then I could make a nice sitting area, mayb a makeup are, a standing mirror... How can I push in these areas if I keep the other way?
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 10:47AM
studio10001
There are online tutorials for upholstering your own tufted headboard. The project is not difficult if you have some DIY experience. Describe your project to the fabric store clerk for additional guidance in fabric selection and correct yardage to allow for gathering.
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 11:00AM
chayalarosenberg
That's a great idea! But if I have two left hands or at least no such experience- I wonder if I can hire an inexpensive handyman to do it for me
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 11:39AM
Master Bedroom with a Romantic Makeover
The room began as a light bedroom with Country French...
Before and After Makeover of Master bedroom
I would like some feedback on the duvet cover color....
From Brown to Gray - Master Bedroom Makeover
This is my small master bedroom before and after pictures....
Master Bedroom Makeover
Looking a little frumpy, I decided fresh colors, removing...
Would love help with master bedroom makeover
I'm not very confident in my interior design skills...
I need help! Does anyone have an idea to cover up old red couches?
I have a couch and a matching loveseat. Both deep red....
Long, narrow room
Hello! We just had new wood installed in this long,...
Help finding ceramic subway tiles
I am looking everywhere for ceramic subway tiles in...
Help on Kitchen cabinet pulls
We are re-doing our kitchen. Alabaster white Lexington...
What do you think of the lighting design in this swimming pool?
Contact us for more swimming pool design ideas or for...