First House... Now what color do I paint it? HELP!
rjfawceny
Closing date is approaching and would like to paint right away. Yes I'm a bit anxious to paint in this HOT Florida weather lol

Any ideas on color and trim? Thank you!
Leanne Michael L U X E lifestyle design
There really isn't a rule of thumb for selecting house colors for a home with a tan roof. It's all a matter of personal taste. However, I do like the color combination I've attached below. Totally different style of home but I think it still reads well. If that is not something you like Behr now has just introduced a new collection of preselected exterior combinations that are really fabulous. I'm also a huge fan of white houses with a complimenting trim to coordinate with the roof either lighter or darker. 3 to 4 colors max. ~ enjoy!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 4:19PM
happyleg
White or cream or gray, clay.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 4:24PM
patriciarhall
Here's an example of "pebble beach green" which is soft enough for the Florida vibe:
1 Like    Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 4:27PM
rjfawceny
Thanks for the input everyone! I think what also for some reason throws me off is the wood paneling in the front. Originally they have it the same color as the trim... Would it be better to have it the same as the main color of the house instead of the trim?
    Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 4:57PM
patriciarhall
If you choose one of the light colors for the main body, you could paint the wood trim on the front of the house one shade darker and the roof line trim 2 shades darker. Looks like the house next door has the same colors?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 5:28PM
HI -- This is a nice looking house -congratulations ! I think I would paint the whole house and garage door too , one color that is close to the color of the stone at the entrance like a creamy white . Just let the textures of the different finishes show . You don't need to have an accent color out lining around windows etc. Paint a color that is the tone of the roof shingles or a bit darker color on the roof façade (trim edge ). This is the only place for an accent color .Then paint the front door a Florida color like a teal or turquoise or orange or a red . Search mid century modern houses to see what I mean about the house being all one color. This will look more up to date and fresh and modern and will make the house look bigger too . Good Luck !
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 4, 2014 at 7:05PM
Which room do I start with and what do I tackle first?
I am not a designer & don't have a clue where to begin....
roxannpete
First time home owner doing a full house reconstruction. Please help!
I purchased an inexpensive house (needs lots of TLC)...
Saxon Sampley
First house on a tight budget, need helps!
My house is a small bungalow built in 1923. It's our...
Sheena Séguin
Dining room wallpaper removed, now what? Need paint help.
Large, formal dining room measures 12.5 X 17. Furniture,...
Judy M
Help with Exterior Paint Color
I would appreciate help choosing an exterior paint...
Kay
Stay safe and warm, East Coast Houzzers!
Are you impacted by the blizzard on the East Coast...
To follow a trend in kitchen design...or not?
We are planning a kitchen upgrade. Most matters are...
lizmattphilly
What to do with entry?
See pic below, suggestions welcome
lc21
New to houzz and need some advice
Hello, My husband and I are about to embark on a home...
juliaandavamom