Kitchen island position now that wall is demo
jbmck
Kitchen island....moving down draft jenn air range to side wall introducing a rectangle island perpendicular to sink...concerned about flow and purpose of island....
Caroline Trinidad Architectural Alchemist, NKBA
What exactly concerns you about the island? What wall are you moving the cooktop to?
July 12, 2014 at 9:48am   
jbmck
It is a full range cooktop and its moved to the wall to the left same wall as fridge. The photos are taken from the open concept dining room. So when you are sitting having dinner you see the edge of the island that is planned to be rectangle and perpendicular to the sink where the windows are. I like the idea of having this edge of the island face the open dining room and having seating to the right, 2 or 3 stools.... just want some guidance.
July 12, 2014 at 11:36am     
The purpose would be to have seating and even a prep sink if needed. You can usually add undercounter refrigeration and storage drawers in the island. I like being able to access cold beverages without going into the refrigerator, especially when there are children in the house. However, focusing on what is needed is most important. One thing I will point out, or rather, ask you is how close you will be placing the cooktop to the refrigerator. There are clearance issues and since you have an oven, there is the issue that if it is too close to the refrigerator, it will make your compressor work harder. Let me know and I'll be happy to make suggestions.
July 12, 2014 at 11:55am   
New House Practically Blank Slate
Just moved into new house--open concept living, dining,...
Wall colour and fireplace tile ?
I want to change the colour of my walls as well I need...
Help! What rug would work with my patterned curtains?!
Hello! I'm decorating my bedroom and I need to find...
need window treatment advice
I have just moved into a new home and the living room...