Need ideas ! I am still not happy with Decor
kimberlyjayne
I have a living rm and dining rm combined, only 23'x15', and high ceilings, I am still not happy with the dining area especially, love the furniture though, cannot fit it in my kitchen, I love traditional, french country look, what is wrong besides light fixture,it should probably be a chandelier, the high wall beside the table is awkward, it separates to kitchen, I hung a large canvas art on it, not even sure of that anymore, I have been trying to get a inviting , elegant look, its still not right, is it too beige looking!, The living rm, is nice, cream leather couches,maybe the rug is too much in their,for the look I am after, I want both areas to compliment each other,without too much going on in a small space. any ideas, and pictures would be greatly appreciated!
lafemme705
Lovely furniture! I agree with you regarding the light fixture... I think you need something less bulky to balance out your furniture. Also, I think your cabinet might work better on the wall where your art is. From what I can tell it appears to be on the same wall as your fireplace? Lastly, if you are able to change rugs a simple rug with a basic print would compliment your furniture without making it appear busy. Just my two cents!!
July 5, 2014 at 6:38PM     
kimberlyjayne
Thanks so much! where can I purchase the light fixture
July 5, 2014 at 6:44PM   
I agree that the pendant over the dining table isn't right. It looks too modern for the space.

In your last picture, the dining area seems to encroach on the living area. Try going rugless in the dining room. The rug is a tad too small, and a tad too busy, and it crowds into the living space.
July 5, 2014 at 7:05PM     
lafemme705
The fixture is from Quorum International... The Salento line. Your local lighting store should stock it or something similar.
July 5, 2014 at 7:07PM      Thanked by kimberlyjayne
rebk4
I agree with everything lafemme705 said. I was thinking that you might want use more distressed decor on your dining table and mantel. The furniture is a more formal french style, so I think distressed candle sticks, vases, or finials would contrast well.
July 5, 2014 at 7:08PM      Thanked by kimberlyjayne
rebk4
I hope you will post pictures when you make the changes. You have lovely rooms. They can only get better.
July 6, 2014 at 4:51PM      Thanked by kimberlyjayne
kimberlyjayne
Thanks so much, I will post more pictures,still having trouble! I will post what I have changed so far, Thanks, limited space,!
July 6, 2014 at 7:14PM   
Whispar Design
Agree with grover and lafemme - either sans rug or simpler rug as posted
I am also wondering if a simpler fixture would be a better option so as not to compete the current furnishings?
July 7, 2014 at 9:56AM      Thanked by kimberlyjayne
What kind of laminate?
We were looking into changing the carpet for laminate...
Part 2 switching out of brown
I am sorry I just purchase a living room set in a...
How do I make building a second home affordable?
Need help cutting costs before starting to build a...
Need help! Man trying to design interior = bad idea.
Looking for some help with designing my living room/dining...