Need kitchen help
wrigleyfour
going to add either knobs and/or pull handles to all kitchen cabinets. drawers, pantry- wondering which or both to use???? Kitchen is in a newer home; updated with granite counter tops and tile backsplash. honey oak cabnitry.
adivra
I like handles or cup pulls because they are more comfortable in the hand. Knobs require pinching/pulling. Also the cabinet behind knobs tend to get touched and therefore somewhat damaged easier. Handles should be placed vertically on cabinet doors and horizontally on drawers. Think proportion to the door/drawer when selecting and also consider how much cleaning you want to do. You can definitely mix sizes/types with proportion in mind. As an aside, are planning something for the blank space above the backsplash? I do believe you were correct in taking it to the end of the counter. Post a pic when you're done. Good job.
July 5, 2014 at 7:03pm      Thanked by wrigleyfour
MarleneM
It's a matter of preference. I gave knobs for the first time in 35 yrs, and wouldn't go back to handles. Visit a showroom or design centre and open a few doors and find what's right for you.
July 6, 2014 at 12:04am   
Need help with kitchen. Really need help!
We have partially renovated our condo. The kitchen...
Need help with kitchen! A lot of wood colors in this kitchen, too much.
My kitchen is a nice kitchen with an excellent layout....
Will soapstone countertop present problem for laundry
Using soapstone countertop in galley kitchen remodel....
need nightables
I don't know what to use for night tables that would...
What is your backyard crying out for?
Some people let their grass grow too long, or their...
Best color/type floor for this living room?
I just bought this house and have to rip out the carpet....
Should I add backsplash ???
I've redone my kitchen cabinets dark Java now I need...