Need kitchen help
wrigleyfour
July 5, 2014 in Design Dilemma
going to add either knobs and/or pull handles to all kitchen cabinets. drawers, pantry- wondering which or both to use???? Kitchen is in a newer home; updated with granite counter tops and tile backsplash. honey oak cabnitry.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
adivra
I like handles or cup pulls because they are more comfortable in the hand. Knobs require pinching/pulling. Also the cabinet behind knobs tend to get touched and therefore somewhat damaged easier. Handles should be placed vertically on cabinet doors and horizontally on drawers. Think proportion to the door/drawer when selecting and also consider how much cleaning you want to do. You can definitely mix sizes/types with proportion in mind. As an aside, are planning something for the blank space above the backsplash? I do believe you were correct in taking it to the end of the counter. Post a pic when you're done. Good job.
July 5, 2014 at 7:03pm      Thanked by wrigleyfour
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
MarleneM
It's a matter of preference. I gave knobs for the first time in 35 yrs, and wouldn't go back to handles. Visit a showroom or design centre and open a few doors and find what's right for you.
July 6, 2014 at 12:04am