Couch color
nmontazeri
Hi there, I'm very sorry that I can't give you better pictures right now. But I was wondering If you can try to help with these limited ones. The rug picture is from a family member. It is a family rug that we are able to inherit. The fireplace is ours from the room that the rug is going to go into. Hopefully from the pic you can see the wall color and floor color. I'm looking for advice about what color couch to look for. When I have time to clean up the room, I'll post more for advice about layout. For now I'm just trying to get ideas about color scheme. We don't have any artwork or existing things in the room that we are designing around other than the fireplace and rug. Thanks so much for any advice
nmontazeri
please excuse all the kids toys. I would have given pics of the rest of the room, but this is the "clean" part....
July 5, 2014 at 10:43PM   
lagwagonshow
That fireplace looks great against the wood floor. The rug is bold, and noisy, with assertive colors. It may not want to blend with your other decor, so let it be the accent. I picture a solid color couch, big enough to hold its own within the scale of the room. I've been on a black kick lately so I'll go with black.
July 5, 2014 at 11:38PM        Thanked by nmontazeri
nmontazeri
Thanks so much! I hadn't even thought of black as an option. That might work well!
July 6, 2014 at 10:20AM   
carolins
A grey couch would be good. There's grey in the stone around the fireplace, you could pick that up. But I find that bold oriental rugs like yours go with just about everything. Brown could work very well. Or a blue. Black can look very harsh.

Daniel Shapiro: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Gaillardia show home
Modern Farmhouse: Spring Parade of Homes House
Karen Joy Interiors
View of Living Room
Indian Hill Contemporary
July 6, 2014 at 10:33AM        Thanked by nmontazeri
nmontazeri
Wow, thanks for all the pictures. Very helpful to give me ideas. I really appreciate the help! One of them had a tan/off white color I am leaning towards however the very light blue I really like also.

When using accent pillows with a persian rug is it best to go with solid also?
July 6, 2014 at 1:21PM   
nmontazeri
Here is the whole room (toys and clutter galore). Sorry about the bad lighting. It is long and narrow and although from a design perspective it would probably be best to buy two couches same length across from each other my boys and husband really like to watch TV directly across. I think we're going to get a sectional in tan or light blue. The current rug is only 8 x10 and the persian rug we're getting above is a better size. About 12 x9. I'm looking forward to get the right furniture for the space. Any/all comments welcome!
July 6, 2014 at 2:29PM   
bgfuqua
dark blue would really go with the rug and be practical for daily use.
July 6, 2014 at 2:53PM        Thanked by nmontazeri
carolins
I think that if you buy a 3 seater sofa and two chairs you'll have more versatility in the layout. You have enough space for a 3 seater across from the TV and you could put 2 chairs on one side or one chair on each side of the sofa. You probably have enough space for 3 chairs, but you can always buy an extra one later. If you get a sofa with a matching ottoman, you can always put your feet up, but you can take it away and have it as separate extra seating too.
July 7, 2014 at 9:11AM        Thanked by nmontazeri
carolins
Measure, measure and measure again though. If you see a sofa/sectional you like, take measurements. Then use painters tape, (news)paper or the cushions from your current sofas to lay the size out on the floor. See how much space it will take up.
July 7, 2014 at 11:22AM        Thanked by nmontazeri
nmontazeri
I think I will try both suggestions. I'm going to buy two separate colors of of painter's tape and try the sectional vs one three seater and 2 chairs. I agree the couch with chair gives more options. I'm really entertaining the sectional for comfort but have fears of buyers regret... The couch with chair would allow me to mix blue with tan. I have some concerns that I'll tire if a giant blue sectional.
July 7, 2014 at 4:57PM     
Furnished Up Fine Furniture and Home Decor
I like carolin's inspiration pics especially this one
, you can easily take the colors from there--grey couch and tan occassional seatings. Those are timeless colors and definitely more versatile then a blue sectional.
July 11, 2014 at 8:48AM   
Pillows for bed
How many pillows go on a full/queen size bed? How do...
In a new passive house, tiles or wooden flooring in open plan area.
I hope to build a new Passive House next year, I can...
Need help with more curb appeal
Windows, paint , maybe landscaping...
Need help to pick exterior color and how to add dimensions to house
Our ranch style home has little curb appeal... :( We...
What color to use for book shelves next to fireplace? White or wood co
I will paint my fireplace in white and put book shelving...