Does anyone know what color the walls are? I really like it, and would love to find it!
cookiecrumbmom
March 28, 2012 in Photo Questions
villavotta
This is a total treatment. I have this in my house. It starts with gold paint then tissue paper is added to create the texture then the next day more paint and a glaze is added to give the texture dimension.
July 25, 2012 at 6:56am     
Bella Villa Design Studio
It was a custom faux finish over a hand troweled texture. We recommend finding a talented local faux finisher and Interior Designer in your area to help you achieve this look. Let us know if you are in the Austin area. Thanks! Stephanie with Bella Villa Design Studio, Austin, TX.
January 7, 2013 at 3:35pm     
tzq06v2
I think that interior decorators that don't care to share their techniques/ideas should not be on a site like "Houzz", that's what it was created for...to share ideas and decorating tips. Sounds more like they are promoting their business and being unhelpful.
March 17, 2013 at 10:26am     
Bella Villa Design Studio
We work in collaboration with our faux finishers and do not apply the finishes ourselves. Our faux finisher created the finish with a custom mix after we described the look we wanted. We would share if we knew the formula and the techniques they used but we do not. I know there was metallic in the mix, but not sure if it was an integral plaster or a metallic paint. Many times faux finishers apply several layers and often adjust them on site with tints and washes and most do not write down their exact final formulas. The combination of natural light and light fixtures also makes finishes appear very different in each room and home, so they often will add drops of red, umber, green, etc. to adjust to make it just right. Lusterstone is a product that could give you a similar look but would involve a mix of at least two colors or one color over a darker base paint color. I would be happy to talk to a faux finisher to try to help them achieve this look.
March 18, 2013 at 7:46am     
AnAhitA Nazari
It is Ventian Plaster with Gold Glazing and crumbled plastic bags for texture
March 19, 2014 at 7:59am   
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
Comment on the kitchen plan
Hey We recently bought a small house. How to remodel...
Builder shower dilemma!
We are purchasing a spec home that was already in progress....
Bathroom Layout Advice
Hi All, We are in the process of building our new...
need good steam shower builder
Does anyone know a company in los angeles that is expert...