What style is this and how can I create the WOW effect with it
sherryanders
Thinking of purchasing this table and chairs but I'm not sure the style. I am also thinking of changing out the two head seats with something more substantial. Would love some ideas on how to use this furniture to make a statement when first entering our home. Also ideas on lighting welcome too! Thx
apple_pie_order
Beautiful set. If you want advice on achieving a wow effect, try showing the set in the room you have for it. Model homes often handle this by painting the dining room a dramatic color, installing a fabulous chandelier, and putting a huge floral arrangement on the table (look at any Pottery Barn catalog). Custom fabric covering the chair seats will have colors that picked up in the dramatic paint color. Those colors are carried throughout the house.
July 7, 2014 at 5:52AM   
sstarr
I would not purchase this set, as the "style" is derivative and a blend of colonial, farmhouse and craftsman.
July 7, 2014 at 5:57AM   
hatetoshop
It is somewhat colonial, but a very attractive set. Great idea to replace the two end chairs.

July 7, 2014 at 6:17AM     
sharenblowers
I'm in the middle of updating dining room. I painted my old chairs black recovered them. The fireplace wall needs a second coat of paint. The other walls will be in a light gray. The room is a kitchen/dining room combo and very casual. The table was rectangular oak. I touched up some nicks on the legs with an oak stain pen and painted the band around the table top black. I like the idea of using upholstered chairs at the end of the table.
July 7, 2014 at 6:45AM   
HI -- The table and chairs set --- that is the problem , it's a set .If you like the table ,then get the table but look for different chairs . Two upholstered lounge type arm chairs , then 4 to 6 other side chairs . This would be more interesting . See if the furniture store will let you buy "on approval " so you can see if the furniture will work in your room. If the furniture store has an in house designer , work with them then that can usually be done .
July 7, 2014 at 8:06AM   
patriciarhall
Looking at your idea book of dining rooms, I would wonder if this table and chairs is really what you want. Is it the size that you're looking for?
July 7, 2014 at 8:22AM   
IKEA kitchen remodel
I loved our charming country kitchen but the cabinet...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Yikes living room!
Need help with living room. We would like to take out...
Buyers Remorse
Oh Houzz gurus. We bought a house. It was a bidding...
Entryway decor
Here's the entryway in our home that leads in to an...