Silestone Lagoon or Caesarstone Frosty Carina?
Aleah R.
I had been struggling b/t Silestone Lyra and Lagoon countertops, but finally made my decision that I liked the subtle tone of Lagoon better. Lyra seemed too busy and more "fake". My tile is a bright pop of color - it's a seafoam green glass tile (Ann Sacks Lucian Glass in Rain). So, then I was introduced to Caesarstone Frosty Carina and am now debating b/t that and Lagoon. Frosty Carina is whiter but has more creamy beige (warmer) tones while Lagoon is more of a light gray so it has more cool gray tones. Floor will be a wood acacia (Carmel color so on the medium side of dark), cabinets will be white, probably Benjamin Moore White Dove. I am leaning toward Lagoon, just b/c i think the cool tone picks up more of the seafoam tile and i'm afraid the kitchen would be "too white" with the frosty, but any advice/opinions would be helpful! thank you! (Please keep in mind the photos can appear dingy and hard to really see the true colors, but the undertones should be easy to see. I tried to take photos in various lighting.)

Note: Frosty Carina is on the top in both photos and Lagoon is on the bottom in both photos (in the second photo it just shows a larger sample of lagoon). Also - The wood floor is not the correct color. The new floor will be a darker color, like the one shown here: http://www.hardwoodbargains.com/handscraped-caramel-acacia.html#.U72dp7EXKuw

Pros or others with experience I would love your opinion! Husband and contractor are on my case and need a decision soon! ;)
phlabonte
I would go for the Lagoon. Just my opinion, but I am an artist and if I'm good at anything it's colour. Good luck, it's going to be great!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 1:05PM
berlinrl
I agee, lagoon.
    Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 1:50PM
njschaefer78
I'm a big fan of the Frosty Carina! I like the creaminess - warms it up a hair and keeps it serene without feeling cold. Just my humble opinion! :)
1 Like    Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 2:04PM
Evie Neumann
love your tile choice! i'd go with the Frosty Carina- the warm tones will compliment your floor color.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 7:06PM
beachlily
I'd go with lagoon ....or Quartzmaster Calcutta grey which looks more like marble.
    Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 7:28PM
Grace Reed
Aleahstrano, I imagine this feels overwhelming because a lot is at stake. I may have a solution for you. Are you familiar with the color consultant, Maria Killam? She's excellent and could help you save money/avoid delays/stress, etc. and most importantly, love what you end up with! She works with people remotely and works fast. And, no this is not a paid endorsement! I just read her blog @ www.mariakillem.com and she's on Houzz. PS My opinion? With the green tile, I'd go with the cooler Lagoon.
    Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 8:47PM
Grace Reed
I think the Frosty Carina (love it), with the caramel floor (it's beautiful), BM White Dove cabinets (the go to color) and a different tile could be awesome, too. BTW, What is your style? Are there fabrics, furniture, accessories, etc. that you're working with?
    Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 9:11PM
Aleah R.
Thanks so much for all your advice! I do think the frosty seemed too beige for me. We told our contractor to go with the lagoon yesterday (husband liked this one best and I couldn't make a decision!). I don't think he's ordered yet but they will probably kill me if I change my mind!! Ha. I do like both silvers and golds (in general) and our remodel is a kitchen/living/dining open concept, do you think this choice makes it so I can't use golds or other warm colors in this area? Do you think I should pick a diff floor? Will the caramel acacia not go well with the lagoon and seafoam green tile? We haven't ordered the flooring yet, it will be laid throughout the house. Here is the photo that is my inspiration. Thanks in advance for your help! Grace, I'll look into the consultant you mentioned as well, although I just don't have much more time to make decisions. But I appreciate the referral!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 6:18AM
Aleah R.
beachlily - do you have a photo of your kitchen using the quartzmasters? I couldn't find a location that sells quartzmasters in Austin.
    Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 1:16PM
Grace Reed
Thanks for the inspiration photo. It really helps and I love it! The Lagoon was the right choice. I'm not sure about the floor. It wouldn't hurt to consider others.
    Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 8:40PM
Caesarstone
Hi aleahstrano,
I would like to introduce you are new color: Calcatta Nuvo . Perhaps this color will fit better in your kitchen : http://www.caesarstone.ca/en/The-Catalog/Pages/5131%20Calacatta%20Nuvo.aspx
1 Like    Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 1:29AM
Colour confusion
Need your Advice to select colour. Entire house is...
krupeshshah
What ONE thing do you LOVE that your spouse / partner does at home?
Your spouse / partner is the best, of course! What...
Help warm up my dining area
Hello, I'm looking for suggestions on how to soften...
laurendesarno
How costly is it to move a kitchen?
We are contemplating a remodel of our home. One of...
johnsonap1023
What style is this considered?
I really like these chairs, but I'm not sure what they...
poshky