Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca_rioux

How should we paint our front porch ceiling?

Rebecca
9 years ago
Hi, I am an avid Houzz browser and absolutely love the weekly newsletters! My husband and I purchased our first home last year and spent the entire summer+ renovating the inside..basically a gut upstairs and major overhaul downstairs. We were exhausted! My husband is a licensed carpenter, so he did most of the work. Unfortunately this winter our drain decided to back up into our basement!! Yes, ALL waste water. Long story short, we have old clay pipes that meet up with the town pipes, and tree roots had infiltrated the cracks in the pipes. So this summer we have to dig up our front yard to replace the pipes, and at the same time we are replacing the rotten porch floor and steps. We absolutely love the curved roof of our front porch, it was a major character selling feature! So we obviously want to keep that. But there is a void space above the front door that we aren't sure what to do with to dress it up. And obviously the entire thing needs to be painted and spruced up. Some of the trim my husband will replicate and replace. So after all this..sorry for the long post..I would LOVE your suggestions! The house is white with black shutters, and I painted the front door a turquoise colour. Should we keep it all white, even the ceiling? What detail could we add in that curved space above he door? Thank you so much in advance!

Comments (3)