Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreajh0807

Flooring for kitchen, dining, and hallway

Andrea
9 years ago
I posted recently about our kitchen and everyone was such a huge help! I really appreciate it! So I figured I'd ask another question.
Our house has several types of flooring and it is driving me crazy. The room which will be our dining room has wall to wall carpet, steps up into a tiny landing which then has laminate flooring and you can go left into the living room (with gorgeous original hardwoods) or right into the kitchen with the laminate. Then from the kitchen is another hallway approximately 8x8 with carpet again that takes you to 2 bedrooms, living room, and bathroom. We will be changing the carpet out in the dining room to a tile. (It is also an entryway from garage and side door so I want a floor that can withhold major traffic)
My question is, should I continue the tile into the hallway and kitchen to have a better flow? I am not a fan of having 4 different floor types on the same level. Plus the laminate is distinctly a different shade from the hardwoods and is driving me crazy. I am new to this. Our old house was all newly renovated and we didn't have to do anything.

Comments (3)