Eat in kitchen corner
sondramartina
I posted earlier about this . I keep trying to fix this area and nothing looks right. I switched the pictures ,tried different table covers, no covers... Would coat of paint solve the problem ? Is the table wrong shape? Would rectangular work better? I I cant find my original discussion about this.
p.s. I love my Gus chairs but they look lost in here.
sondramartina
I just tried to '' photoshop" and I think it would look much better with green paint and large art.
July 11, 2014 at 11:52am     
bluenan
What a perfect place for a banquette.
[houzz=jamesthomas, LLC] [houzz=El Dorado]
July 11, 2014 at 12:04pm     
sondramartina
Bluenan LOL
Before this I had a banquette .It was sold and we wanted to use chairs that we already have without going into a banquette build project.
July 11, 2014 at 12:11pm     
Leona Malone
Yes, green paint or any or color. You are open to many choices since the table & chairs are neutral. Choose your art first & then select a color from that to paint the walls. Could we see the other 3 walls to help with color suggestions? You definitely can go with large art for the walls (current art .. too many pieces & too small). Would suggest lowering the light fixture ... 30 to 36 inches from the top of the table to the bottom of the light fixture If it is lowered would it be in the centre of the table?
Could we see the other 3 walls to get an idea of your style.
July 11, 2014 at 12:22pm   
Maureen
Lime green would be great for your mid-century feel. To tie in the space, I think you may need a larger (and lower) light fixture and larger art on one wall and for other, group your 4 pictures together. Would skip the table cloth and add some colorful pottery as a centrepiece. San Francisco Mid-Century Mix; Seattle, WA: Lisa Hebner
July 11, 2014 at 12:27pm        Thanked by sondramartina
sondramartina
And then I photoshoped it with rectangular table.
Does it look better?
July 11, 2014 at 12:29pm     
1STOPlighting
You should get a lower hanging fixture to tie the room together. Is your existing fixture providing enough light? A low hanging large pendant might be a good fix! This red pendant from Sea Gull would incorporate nicely with your existing colors : http://www.1stoplighting.com/lighting/14-114-843-0-11944/Sea-Gull-Lighting_One-Light-Pendant-6519-21.htm
July 11, 2014 at 12:30pm   
Maureen
The shape of your table is fine..it's just fine tuning around is around.
July 11, 2014 at 12:34pm     
anne dee
Add a centrepiece to the table and lower the hanging pendant
A couple of oval mirrors to mimic the shape of yr table
ref/inspiration pic

July 11, 2014 at 12:45pm   
sondramartina
Rest of the kitchen is here.I am hoping that fixing this eat in corner will inspire us to do the rest of the kitchen .
July 11, 2014 at 12:52pm     
A Blind View, LLC
wrong table for a L shaped wall. Go with a booth style we did in my house and we love it start there and add a square table with some parson or free standing chairs it works perfect
July 11, 2014 at 12:57pm   
sondramartina
I can't change the pendant height and it is about 42" from the table top. I made some minor changes.
July 11, 2014 at 4:53pm     
Leona Malone
Better with less pictures. Do you use that electrical outlet on the wall? Could you hang the larger picture directly over the outlet for a cleaner look.. The pic should be centered in line with the table.The small one is too high. Needs to go on the wall by the clock. The "middle of the art" should be at eye level. See how that works .. then will need to adjust the clock. What is that outlet by the clock?
July 11, 2014 at 5:14pm        Thanked by sondramartina
Leona Malone
You could also keep the large cat picure where it is.. but should be centered with the table. Could then use another pic with the smaller one to bring the eye down & hide the outlet.
July 11, 2014 at 5:17pm   
printesa
I remember your green banquet:) I like the way it looks now (the chairs with the table). The color is nice, but the green you posted earlier would go better. My favorite Photoshopped photo is the one with the green walls and that large painting. As for the pendant, if at some point you can change it, have it hang lower (just like in your photoshopped photo)
July 11, 2014 at 5:24pm   
sondramartina
Ok I switched the art and covered the outlet. Phone plug must stay (beside the clock)
July 11, 2014 at 5:39pm     
blrussell
Square table? Like your chairs. I would hate having a booth in my kitchen...(crowded and can't move chair to get comfortable). But then I prefer a table at a restaurant. I agree with needing a different paint color and I do like the green.
July 11, 2014 at 5:46pm     
adivra
Do you always need four chairs, or could you get away with three and store one? Maybe the table is too large, or maybe a rectangular table would work better. Also, the art on the clock wall should be the same size as the poster. Do move the clock to a more suitable location.
July 11, 2014 at 6:08pm   
sondramartina
Or this layout
And yes we need 4 chairs.
July 11, 2014 at 6:10pm   
Leona Malone
Is the wall without the clock longer than the wall with the clock. If so & there would be room I think that the table may look better running the opposite way from what you now have it placed. The larger cat picture looks great covering the plug!!
Now we must find a way to get rid of that phone outlet. Why is it that high & the phone in the other room? I would suggest that the phone connection be brought through the wall in the adjacent room at a lower level of course ... if your hubby is a handyman or you can do it yourself.
With large cat pic on the wall covering the plug you now ned to lower the smaller pic.. it is too high.. or get another complemantary one of the same size & use the 2 together.. Then both sides will be balanced.
Is the wall clocked plugged into an outlet or does it run by batteries?
July 11, 2014 at 7:00pm     
bubbasgma
Would be a simple project to relocate phone outlet out thru to other side of kitchen wall, Sondra. =)
July 11, 2014 at 7:18pm   
sondramartina
I told my husband about the outlet , he will do it once he finds the time, hopefully soon . :)
Now back to the art.
Large red or black poster? Its almost the same size as the cat.
Clock runs by batteries.
July 11, 2014 at 7:33pm     
When you need a telescope to see the clock, you know it's too damn high. You CAN lower the pendant; it's not that difficult. If the hubs can build furniture--gorgeous furniture, at that--I'll bet he can do this.

You should be careful when you Photoshop. You could hurt yourself.
July 11, 2014 at 8:28pm     
linjen
It looks like your table has a leaf in it to enlarge it. Could you take that out and use it round?
July 11, 2014 at 8:38pm     
Leona Malone
Sondra, like both of the new pics. Could you try the black & white clock with them instead of the red one please? Hang the clock about mid line of the new pic. There will be plenty of room when the phone outlet is removed. Hubby is very talented!
July 11, 2014 at 10:01pm   
Leona Malone
The chairs do look a bit large for the table.. can the table be enlarged further or maybe a rectangular table?
July 11, 2014 at 10:02pm   
sondramartina
Daylight photo but don't look at the mess on the right hand side please :)
Clock removed temporary, what other wall colour would you suggest? Something like light gray with light green undertone(does that exist?) . There us green-yellow pattern in the countertop.
July 12, 2014 at 4:53am   
Leona Malone
Could you show us a close up of the counter top in daylight ? Will you be keeping the flooring . what are your future plans for the cupboards. If the cupboard color will be changing that should be considered before the wall color.
July 12, 2014 at 11:53am     
Leona Malone
What is that bar like thing across the top of the doorway to the dining room?
July 12, 2014 at 11:54am   
These two pieces look good. Art still needs to go lower by a couple of inches. I know you're just waiting till you decide which art to hang, right? ;-)

If you're hoping this motivates you to do the kitchen, I think you should paint the wall the color you envision for your finished kitchen. Then when you look at the mismatch, you'll be torn between repainting the wall and renovating the kitchen and it might be that little extra motivation you need to just git 'er done.
July 12, 2014 at 11:54am     
Some colors for you:
July 12, 2014 at 12:01pm   
OK, I'll quit messin' wit' you now. ;-)
July 12, 2014 at 12:01pm     
sondramartina
Ok here is the countertop
Floor is not old but it looks ugly and old .
Tha bar above the door is for boys workout , has to stay for now. Many other things should be updated but no time nor budget ,so I am just trying with cheaper changes.
July 12, 2014 at 12:24pm   
sondramartina
Grover can you paint my kitchen with this colour from my countertop please?
July 13, 2014 at 5:26am   
This one was tough, sondramartina. I think the hue is pretty close, and I darkened the room light a bit, but it's hard to see the actual color in your countertop. I stuck it in the bottom right corner of the rendering so you could compare.
July 13, 2014 at 5:39am      Thanked by sondramartina
sondramartina
Thanks. Hmm not sure if i like it. Maybe because there is no other decor items in the photo. Its kind of gloomy. Maybe a lighter version ?
So far the very first green photoshop is my favourite.
Or in your photoshop group of 4 the bottom right.
July 13, 2014 at 6:16am   
Eat in and storage needed in the kitchen corner
We are on budget but planing to make some changes in...
Eat in Kitchen plus family room or eat in kitchen plus dining room
Attached is a diagram of a house we are moving into....
Eat In kitchen VS family room with limited eating area
Our home is for sale. A while ago we did a remodel,...
Two Level Living Space: Combine Kitchen/DR or Eat in Kitchen/LR?
We are considering an apartment with two levels of...
Picking trim and ceiling color
I am picking interior paint colors for my house. It...
Help with accessorizing new media console
Hi, we recently purchased the PB printers collection...
Round Foyer--Please Help! :)
The foyer in our home-to-be is round. The flooring,...
Challenge of the day!
Teeny tiny dining room needs major help. navy son says...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...