Ottoman fabric, which one!?!?
samazi
Hi! So I'm back with a follow up question now that I've gone to the fabric store 3 times and spent far too many hours there... I was too impatient to order samples online as I want to have this done this weekend...
So here are some of my favorite options (it is easier for me to visualize buying the entire piece, especially since they can be returned!)
I plan to tuft the ottoman as well... What do you think of these options?! First and second are outdoor fabrics and the last is a micro suede... Also it's a bit tall as I will be cutting the legs down once I start the "building" process...
Thanks a bunch!!
samazi
Here is another angle of each...
July 11, 2014 at 7:06pm     
jabbott2012
Go with the neutral solid, but get more colorful pillows.
July 11, 2014 at 7:15pm     
jabbott2012
Can you make pillows out of the second fabric? Love that one with your room.
July 11, 2014 at 7:16pm   
Lauren Jacobsen Interior Design
I like the second option, it brings in the color of the drapes and adds interest through the pattern.
July 11, 2014 at 7:21pm     
samazi
I'm so torn, I love the fabric of the second but it feels a bit overwhelming, I'm super crafty but not so much in the sewing department, so I'm not sure about pillows!
July 11, 2014 at 7:25pm     
Ann
Third option, the solid.
July 11, 2014 at 7:27pm     
Ann
I also love the second but agree it's a bit overwhelming over the patterned rug.
July 11, 2014 at 7:28pm     
jabbott2012
Can the rug go in a different room? What about using a bright fabric with a smaller print instead?
July 11, 2014 at 7:34pm   
Mirens Inc
I like the first one for the ottoman and the second one for pillows. Pattern on pattern is more fun and casual which is fitting for a family room.
July 11, 2014 at 7:35pm     
rpmmk
Second one adds pizzazz to the room. It will be something people will comment on. It's a wow factor.
July 11, 2014 at 7:39pm     
samazi
jabbott2012, we just purchased the rug after far too much deliberation, it is here to stay!
July 11, 2014 at 7:42pm     
jabbott2012
I know how that is. I do the same thing all the time :) I love the second fabric it just seems a little much over the rug. What about trying the second fabric on the ottoman with a couple of much bolder colored pillows from a store? Pick up the bright blue in the fabric in a solid pillow on the couch.
July 11, 2014 at 7:46pm   
Shauna Cowley Filtz
3 for the ottoman, 2 for throw cushions. Sewing straight is easy peasy.
July 11, 2014 at 7:47pm   
samazi
Ok here's a couple different looks... I do have a solid pillow...
July 11, 2014 at 8:07pm     
jabbott2012
I'm liking the first one with the solid pillow; and of course the cute stuffed dog; he almost looks real :) Anyone else?
July 11, 2014 at 8:26pm     
samazi
He sure is a cute accessory huh?!
July 11, 2014 at 8:41pm     
ellen916
Second fabric really fights with the rug. Go with the third.
July 11, 2014 at 8:52pm     
Ann
Still going for the solid ottoman. Several options would work for pillows. I think number two is a nice fabric but very, very busy for the ottoman. Fine for a pillow.
July 11, 2014 at 8:57pm     
hambirg
I don't think that second fabric is the right shade of blue at all. Your drapes are a lovely silvery light cornflower blue. That fabric is more turquoise and teal. If I'm being honest, I don't like any of them. I would go with a more organic print like a large scale modern floral or jacobean print maybe. I would try to find a fabric that pics up the drape color and the brown of the sectional. I even think a bit of navy might be nice.
July 11, 2014 at 9:11pm     
samazi
Here's a better look at the busy fabric next to the curtains, there is no natural light right now though :/
July 11, 2014 at 9:14pm     
samazi
hambirg, I appreciate the honesty, no offense taken. I am just so impatient and after visiting the fabric store 3 times these have been my best options so far :/
July 11, 2014 at 9:15pm   
samazi
My hubby would never go for floral...
July 11, 2014 at 9:16pm   
Ann
Oh, I agree with hambirg about the curtain blue and fabric # 2 blues not working together at all.
July 11, 2014 at 9:24pm     
hambirg
I feel your pain, lol! I spent several hours wandering the fabric store this week looking for something to recover my piano bench, found something I thought would work and when I brought it home it was all wrong. :( Your curtains look more silver in these later pics. I still don't like that fabric with them though. Would the hubby go for a leaf print?
July 11, 2014 at 9:25pm     
sandoval_mr20
The second option doesn't go with your drapes and its looks to busy next to the rug . I would just pick the solid color. Maybe u can find a solid color that has more blue tone like your drapes.
July 11, 2014 at 9:45pm   
samazi
Ann would you suggest sticking with the pillows I already have then if I went with the solid fabric?! The blue pillow is the exact same color as the drapery fabric, don't know why it appears so different...?!
July 11, 2014 at 9:48pm     
samazi
sandoval_mr20, I tried that and everything I found seemed to be "trying" to match the rug, which is grey, but being all wrong...:/
July 11, 2014 at 9:49pm   
samazi
hambirg, I'm not sure he'd go for a leaf either... But he surprises me sometimes...
July 11, 2014 at 9:50pm   
sandoval_mr20
Your pillows look great with the curtains. They would look even better if they where bigger.
July 11, 2014 at 10:06pm     
hambirg
I think I would go with the solid micro suede. Looking at it again, I like how it lightens the space.
July 12, 2014 at 1:13am     
samazi
hambirg, after sleeping on it this is the direction I'm leaning, I'll be tufting and nail heading the bottom so I think that will add a bit of pizazz on it's own...
July 12, 2014 at 5:07am     
jabbott2012
samazi.....just reading this a.m. I think you're good with the micro suede. Maybe you can find a place for the other fabric in a different room.
July 12, 2014 at 6:00am   
Jarret Yoshida Inc.
option 1 varies the scale and pattern in a pleasing way to me. good luck.
July 12, 2014 at 6:55am     
samazi
jabbott2012, I made sure wherever I bought and didn't use, could be returned so there's no issue there :) now it's just deciding...!!!
July 12, 2014 at 7:40am     
Ann
Yes, I like the current pillows and the solid ottoman. It does look like the blue pillows are a very good match for the curtains. Tufted will look wonderful and add lots of interest to the ottoman. You're on the right track with the tufted solid (IMO)!
July 12, 2014 at 10:32am     
samazi
Ok I went solid!! Here's the end result...
July 18, 2014 at 11:36am     
sandoval_mr20
It looks beautiful!!! And it looks GREAT with the rug! Can you take a picture of the the room? I want to see how it looks as a whole.
July 18, 2014 at 1:58pm     
samazi
sandoval_mr20, I will when I get home tonight :) I had these on my phone!
July 18, 2014 at 3:12pm   
samazi
Sorry for the delay, here's the whole room
July 20, 2014 at 6:01pm     
Ann
Great choice! Looks very nice!
July 20, 2014 at 7:48pm   
abbyjean
Oh! It does look very nice!
July 20, 2014 at 8:00pm   
samazi
Thanks :)
July 21, 2014 at 11:50am   
What color paint for the walls?
What color should I paint the walls? I have a set...
80's ranch needs update
What color would you suggest for the clap board ?The...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Do we have to add tile behind stove?
Hi, We are finishing up an addition which includes...
living/dining makeover
My living/dining room is a mismatched cluttered mess...