Pendant light

debster007July 12, 2014
I'm looking for a pendant light to hang over the table. I love the simplicity and contemporary look of the flos smithfield shown in the pictures attached but not sure if I need something with more contrast. I'd love some opinions. Considered the foscarini caboche too.
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Do you have a wood table under the table cloth. Otherwise, it's a lot of white with the pendant you like. Can you post another photo taken from the other side (showing what I presume is the kitchen?).
1 Like    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 4:18AM
debster007
Thanks Rebecca. The table is white with an aluminium centre piece (occa from bo concept) I was worried about too much white but debated painting the backside of unit where shelves are and/or adding lots more colourful vases etc to the unit. Behind where the photo was taken from is the kitchen. See photo attached.
    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 4:28AM
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Thanks for posting the second photo. I see you have more white seating and an all white kitchen so it would be a lot of white but it's a look that could work. I wouldn't paint the backside of the shelving unit as it will close the space in. But do put some more vibrant objets on the shelves. What do you think of going with a green pendant light instead (see attached)? Also, I wouldn't go with the Foscarini Caboche - don't see glass working in your space.
    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 4:45AM
debster007
Wow thanks! I really like the Perspex looking light. Less keen on the drum. Do you have the details of that light? Thanks so much for your great advice! By the way I was thinking of getting roller blinds over the dining room patio doors and kitchen window in a simple white voile. I realise more white! Do you think that's a mistake? The blinds would only be down over the doors at night when entertaining. We'd keep them up during the day.
    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 4:57AM
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Me too! Very sculptural and original. Here's the link: http://www.allmodern.com/SLAMP-Gemmy-Suspension-Pendant-GEM04SOS0000-XMP1020.html - No I think the all white (including the blinds) is a good way to go in your space. Just punctuate it here and there with colour. If you do end up using my suggestion would you mind posting a review on my Houzz profile saying that I helped you? I'm trying to grow my online design business and such a review could help!
    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 5:00AM
debster007
Absolutely! Thanks so much for your time. Really appreciated.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 5:20AM
debster007
Rebecca was very helpful in suggesting a pendant light fitting for my dining area and in giving general advice on the overall look. Would recommend her.
    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 1:29PM
These all come in other colors as well as those pictured:
Mini Mikado Pendant by LZF · More Info

LZF | Hola Suspension Light · More Info

LZF | Link Suspension Light - Large · More Info
    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 2:54PM
debster007
Hi rebecca , I posted on here by mistake but have posted on your website too. It should show soon.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 3:17PM
Tessera
Not one but three smaller lights
    Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 3:57PM
I need help with furniture arrangement/completing living room!!
Hello! I need some help with furniture placement and...
sarabley
HELP!! Stairs need TLC
We are redoing our stairs and the drywall is uneven...
lbodnar2
Help picking out a California Ranch door!
Bought the house with this traditional door but want...
anniebethere
Master Bath Dilema
We are remodeling our home and the master bath layout...
Lindsey Kay
Need help for blank wall in kitchen
I remodeled my kitchen and love it however I have...
penelope62