Is the Carrara marble subway tile backsplash honed or polished?
harri119
March 31, 2012 in Photo Questions
I am also doing Carrara marble countertops with a matching subway tile backsplash & don't know if I should get the Carrara marble subway tile polished or honed?
Donna Thomas Vintage Chic Furniture
hard to tell from pic but i would say polished
April 11, 2012 at 11:36pm   
rustymic
What about the staining with this product? 4 young kids in the kitchen, is it realistic?
November 28, 2012 at 6:38am   
jenny0316
If the marble is Polished and than Sealed the chances of staining it are much less than a honed marble. We did our kitchen in the Bianco Carrara marble from www.carraratiles.com. We have two boys 3 &6 and our marble still looks amazing . Even after spaghetti nights!
December 12, 2012 at 11:36am   
acarter09
honed or polished marble are the same for stains as long as you seal it. Dont cut cost on the sealer. not all sealer the same. difference between honed or polished is etching problems. Polished will show etching more than honed. for those that dont know what honed means, it looks like a satin finish v highly polished. Personally I think honed shows more the depth of the color in the marble. check out 2 x 4 for backsplash. its the newest trend. also, a versailles pattern in marble backsplash gives a kitchen a contemporary feel.
January 12, 2013 at 8:48am     
rustymic
Thanks for the advice. Second question- we have a 14 foot island, can that be done in one piece?
January 13, 2013 at 5:19pm   
bunnyjudy
I know of no marble or granite that comes in a slab large enough for a 14' island in one piece. Typically the largest island I have done is 9' - might find a slab for 10' island but limited selections.
March 12, 2013 at 10:04am   
soberg
Polished, easier to clean.
March 20, 2014 at 11:10am   
What to pair (colour wise) with this artwork?
I have this artwork hanging above my couch in our living...
Kitchen granite
My wife and I are doing a new build. We are roof tight....
Need entryway help!!
I have the world's most boring entryway! I have worked...
Help with my living room
Hi everyone who can help. This is my third time putting...
need help with choosing a colour to paint wardrobe in master bedroom
I have mirrored bedside tables and a mirored dressing...