How to decide what size fireplace is right for space. 16'x24'
Tiffany S
In the midst of a whole home remodel and adding gas fireplace to new living room area. How do I determine the size of fireplace needed to make room look right? Living room is 16.5'x24' and fireplace with be going on 16.5' wall. Is there a mathematical formula to this?
hayleydaniels
I think it's a matter of proportion. If you're at all analytical, go through the pictures of fireplaces with an eye to how they fill the wall. If you had to guess, how much of the wall is the fireplace, and how much is wall? If it's in the middle of the wall, guestimate what percentage is the fireplace, and what percent is wall. Do this with as many pictures as you can find until you get a feel for what appeals to you.

Our fireplace is in the middle of the back wall, and I would say it takes up 50% or a little more of wall with about 25% wall on each side. I like that porportion.
July 13, 2014 at 6:58pm   
We cannot find a rug to save our lives.
I even switched up the sofa and added new pillow, curtains....
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
Any suggestions on how to update the most hideous fireplace on the pla
Moving to a rented apartment and this is the fire place...