End Tables and Lamps? Advice Appreciated.
wisneb
Sorry, had to delete other pic and it was not helpful. Updated.
The sideboard will be in entry area exactly opposite of sofa. It's the Modus Meadow.
Advice on end tables style/color and lamps appreciated.
I tend to like simple lines with organic influence...not country. I hope my sideboard storage piece won't conflict, as I have it on order.
The sofa arms are 31" high.
Thank you.
Would you consider tables which are iron? The style doesn't have to be industrial. Then the lamps could be more conventional.

Thanked by wisneb    July 13, 2014 at 1:26PM
wisneb
JudyG: thank you. Yes, I'd consider mix of metal and wood - very nice. I want to give the room a modern organic mix - not country, nor traditional. The sideboard is solid wood, Acacia and was a great price. I hope it's not toooo rustic - yet I'm not 100% modern either. I think with the right lamps and accessories my style can be brought together.
   July 13, 2014 at 1:32PM
I said do a conventional style lamp until I saw these. I love them!!!! What do you think? $210.00 each.

I don't know what happened to the wood and iron table I posted.

Thanked by wisneb    July 13, 2014 at 1:39PM
1 Like   Thanked by wisneb    July 13, 2014 at 1:44PM
wisneb
I do like that Thaddeus side table a lot! I could see that working. :)
1 Like   July 13, 2014 at 1:52PM
wisneb
The lamps are an unexpected surprise, but kind of funky and interesting. :) Maybe!
   July 13, 2014 at 1:53PM
wisneb, did you see these today on One King’s Lane?
   Thanked by wisneb    July 14, 2014 at 8:49AM
wisneb
***Note*** I changed my mind on the credenza and got this one by Coast to Coast instead. Keeping in mind the back wall of credenza plan is to paint it charcoal gray for drama. The rest of the walls will probably end up Worldy Gray by SW or something similar.
I'd like natural tan or maple-color accents in the room. I prefer neutral palettes.
Let me know if I should change the art around or add different pieces.

Sofas are now: one in front of windows and other facing it. Per groveraxle's recs, I decided I will do a console table behind the sofa that will be on that tall wall (behind kitchen). Family has moved in and I had to make accommodations in other living areas for them, so these sofas stay and this is the best fit for this room. They are too large to do an L-shape and I don't want to reconfigure.

I'd like a natural area rug, an end table and lamps - ideas welcome.
Décor for top of credenza ideas welcome! The silver lamp will probably go.
I might like a couple of natural wood cylinder stump-type tables to pull up to sofa. Not much space there for a coffee table. Adding 3 kids to the house will mean we need some space for them to roam.
Added furry pillows to sofa for texture, but will add others - maybe maple colors? Leather?
Modern-organic influences.
We have 2 cats with claws, so I decided against leather sofas/chairs but pillows would be okay.

The sofas I ordered were labeled charcoal gray - they are not which annoyed me, but they're not returnable. They are more of a medium gray with a blue cast, but they happen to work with the art work.

Thank you for all of your previous ideas! :)
   July 15, 2014 at 5:24PM
wisneb
Hoping to add in a neutral such as a honey color, maybe some natural wood accents (bowl or vase).

Area Rug? I really need to come to grips w/doing an area rug over the carpet to bring in a little color from the artwork. The artwork is almost watercolor-like, so prefer something somewhat muted. I'd like an organic-restful room. Blue a color I can bring in with the honey color.

Wall colors? I'm thinking of doing a greige for most of the room and wall of the foyer leading to dining area maybe a dark gray for contrast. If you think I should go with a cocoa shade, please let me know.
Rug ideas needed...thank you! I like a casual look, overall.
Loloi Rugs SAHASJ-06TN005686 Sahara Tan Transitional Hand Knotted Rug
Contemporary Udorn-Sunburst 7'10"x11' Rectangle Blue Area Rug

Puss In Boat Blue Rugs 1487/03 - 30"X48"

Off-white and tan rug...maybe not enough contrast?

Planning on pouf or ottoman of some sort. Any ideas? Something cozy?

Puss and Boots rug for fun ;) We like cats...ha!
   July 18, 2014 at 2:10PM
mats vs cables for heated bathroom floor
I got quotes for my bathroom floor to use heating elements...
How would you spend $10k to improve this kitchen?
I would love to hear you advice! We are finally ready...
Need Help with Kitchen Design
We are remodeling the kitchen & adjacent living room(eventually...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Can I use this in our dining room?
I just bought this mirror and was hoping to use it...