Where do your pets sleep?
Emmeline Westin
We've seen some pretty creative cat beds and dog baskets on Houzz recently. This ingenious cupboard for starters. Which got us to talking about the best pet beds, nooks and hideaways.

Do you have an ingenious solution? Show us where your pets sleep!

hayleydaniels
After my beloved dog Hayley [the REAL Hayley Daniels] died, I wanted to adopt an Eskie {American Eskimo] as she was an Eskie/lab mix and had the most delightful personality. When I applied for an Eskie puppy I had to fill out an application that was about 10 pages long asking all sorts of questions about how the dog would be raised and treated. One of the questions was where would she sleep. My response was 'anywhere she wants.'

I have 5 dogs beds spread out between the living room, bedroom and dining room. They're also allowed on the couch and bed whenever they want.
July 15, 2014 at 6:03PM        Thanked by Emmeline Westin
Luciana
Our two cats (one 15, the other 8 years old) are used to sleeping wherever they want, often that being our bedroom, but not in the bed with us. They quickly learnt that they're at risk of serious harm if they try to sleep anywhere near me, as I'm apparently quite restless and kick in my sleep.

Anyway, for reasons known only by him, our tomcat prefers the large ottoman in the kitchen - and don't you dare leaving something on it, you won't be able to get it back for hours!
And gods forbid I leave the laundry basket anywhere accessible - our sweet old kitty loves to sleep on top of my freshly washed clothes!
July 17, 2014 at 5:49AM     
cinderellaslipper
We had one kitten which kept falling asleep in the feed bowl, & in the deep door of the washing machine bowl, & in the built in wine rack cubby holes...and our Dax sleeps underneath our gas range which has chrome pillars...later appearing with self inflicted heat stroke....crazy pup...
July 20, 2014 at 1:47AM     
mallory5nz
Right now, on our sheepskin rug. BUT we are putting an addition on our house, 1500sq. ft. JUST for the dogs. It will include a double sided entry "dog den" with human sleeping loft over top. It should be ready by the end of the year!
July 20, 2014 at 2:32AM     
midmodfan
I think it's rather futile to buy beautiful cat beds and assume you cat/s will even notice them. All our cats used to sleep wherever they wanted, which is all over the place during the day and in my bed at night. Our last cat loved sheepskins, our current cat seems to prefer hard surfaces.
July 20, 2014 at 3:09AM     
hayleydaniels
mallory, we bought a motor home for our dogs. Or should I say we bought it because thecabins we had stayed at the previous summer didn't allow pets on the furniture, and acted as though they were going to destroy the place. After those two passed away, our current dogs didn't like the motor home, and with my sleep issues [it's 3:23 a.m. PST and I'm still awake!], we sold it last summer.
July 20, 2014 at 3:23AM     
hayleydaniels
Here's a picture of the real Hayley Daniels in the motor home about 8 years ago. She's since passed away, but was the most wonderful dog I've ever had. And the most intelligent--she could have qualified for Mensa no doubt! :-)
July 20, 2014 at 3:32AM     
wisneb
Our cats never got into pet beds. One generally sleeps on one of two chairs: a recliner or an office chair. The other one will sleep on top of her cat condo, the sofa, floor or sometimes our bed. Interestingly, the older cat who lived with us a long time used to love his condo and use it frequently. When we got the younger female a couple of years ago, he decided he's give it up to her and now never goes up there and doesn't seem to miss it.
July 20, 2014 at 8:23AM     
julesb73
Anywhere!! A stray I took on
July 22, 2014 at 4:27PM     
jayann517
My two sleep any where they can fit, and sometimes where they don't fit. Whenever a box (of any size) comes into the house it's not long before one of them claims it. When I first adopted them I had just become disabled. I would fall asleep on the couch and wake up with a cat on my hip and another on my neck. Recently for some reason they like to sleep on the air conditioner even when its on.
July 23, 2014 at 9:12AM     
diyer59
My cat has a bed (actually two--a winter and summer) which is in "her room", the hall bath, along with a million dollars worth of toys, scratching post, food and water, litter box, air freshner, etc., etc. I don't allow pets on my bed, in my kitchen, on kitchen counter tops or in kitchen cabinets. I love animals, but am intelligent enough to know the germs they carry can affect my health.
July 23, 2014 at 9:30AM     
shars55
Hayleydaniels, your beloved dog looked so much like a dog my parents had, her name was Misty. She was the sweetest dog ever, and would chase a ball until she dropped from exhaustion. We loved her!!!! In answer to the question........my kitty sleeps anywhere she wants! I know that I have to clean fur off of the place she chose......EVERY morning! But I love her, and she's worth the extra effort. We tried to get her to use a kitty bed, and she wouldn't have anything to do with it. ( she is not allowed on the counters, although, I have NEVER gotten sick from any animal we have had)
July 23, 2014 at 9:55AM     
Timberwood Custom Cabinets
Here's something my father built in the closet of his guest bedroom (my former bedroom) for his dogs. His lab sleeps on the bottom, a terrier on the top.
July 23, 2014 at 1:05PM     
kmacdonald45
Tucson likes to sleep in his hammock!
July 24, 2014 at 9:13PM     
jayann517
Finally found a picture to post of my kitties and my dog who also sleeps wherever he wants. Usually on top of me but he does like his bed too (once in awhile). Yes the first pic is Waffles sleeping on a book. The second is all three sleeping sort of together.
July 26, 2014 at 2:57PM     
Brandi Nash Hicks
My dog Co Co is high maintenance...she prefers the good stuff Ethan Allen furnishings,ha ha ....my Molly cat, she just prefers high....away from Co Co
July 27, 2014 at 2:55PM     
Living room decor
I'm looking for suggestions around furniture arrangement,...
Lighting, paint, media center in my living room
Hello, I have uploaded a discussion about my living...
13 x 13 dinning room
How large and what shape should a dinning room table...
What colour wallpaper
I'm wondering what kind of wallpaper would look best...
Decorate two story wall
Any ideas how to utilize this large wall?? I am putting...